Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

EA reviews are hurting

Nice comparing two completely different EA titles. MMO wise.

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

Not really different because Rust was ground breaking just like Atlas only Rust Dev team was better at listing to players and casting a wide net and not one just for a group of players the way grapeshot is doing for the large companies and leaving small companies and solo players behind.

As I remember correctly, Rust first reviews were not too solo friendly. I quote; “Playing Rust is a frustrating experience even with a friend or two in tow and feels downright impossible to go at alone.” 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

As I remember correctly, Rust first reviews were not too solo friendly. I quote; “Playing Rust is a frustrating experience even with a friend or two in tow and feels downright impossible to go at alone.” 

Does that make Atlas better? did you compare the reviews? Atlas is rated bad by every review this is only because dev team not listening to players and troll support feeding the egos 

3 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Does that make Atlas better? did you compare the reviews? Atlas is rated bad by every review this is only because dev team not listening to players and troll support feeding the egos 

No. There are a lot of reviews out there also from the launch problems. I'm not saying it makes Atlas better, you're comparing two and saying Atlas isnt listening to small groups or solo players, but that was with Rust too at the beginning of development. And I think we can get out of the way that the devs are not listening, they addressed large problems in yesterdays stream. Ofcourse they introduced some useless bullshit too, but they're not the only developer that do that. For myself I'm kinda mad because we're getting submarines and different sizes ghost ships, but yeah. Just gotta live with it don't I.

Edited by Percieval

love how ign made it sound like the rapid fire bug is still exsistent and not fixed, this is early access

For me personal, I don't look at reviews during EA. It was the same with ARK, lots of bad reviews and it's still not all positive after official launch even though I enjoyed thousands of hours of it, even at EA. I will do the same with Atlas, I'll look at them when it's out of EA. But it's still own preference. I'm enjoying the game very much. 

Edited by Percieval

Well no point arguing there is the video review 4.8 BAD   as in do not buy!

The dev team is bad and that's all there is to it. They should ask me for approval before they do anything else. If they want to go to the bathroom I will have to approve it so that they don't all go at once as a large company and clog the toilette. 

3 minutes ago, Coldpaws said:

love how ign made it sound like the rapid fire bug is still exsistent and not fixed, this is early access

4.8 BAD

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

Well no point arguing there is the video review 4.8 BAD   as in do not buy!

The dev team is bad and that's all there is to it. They should ask me for approval before they do anything else. If they want to go to the bathroom I will have to approve it so that they don't all go at once as a large company and clog the toilette. 

I always wonder why these game studio's or whatever theyre called make these reviews on an early access title on launch. Rather have them do it after 6 months and then every 6 months to see some progress. 

Just now, Percieval said:

I always wonder why these game studio's or whatever theyre called make these reviews on an early access title on launch. Rather have them do it after 6 months and then every 6 months to see some progress. 

Because people who are looking to try out new game EA or not will youtube to see if its worth buying. Reviews will kill a game all day all night Angry Joe had this game at 3rd worst game for 2018. I get it the devs dont want to make any more money thats why they are running a lot of players away. Im not the only person saying this and there are a bunch of players who dont get on the forums that say it as well.

Because people who are looking to try out new game EA or not will youtube to see if its worth buying. Reviews will kill a game all day all night Angry Joe had this game at 3rd worst game for 2018. I get it the devs dont want to make any more money thats why they are running a lot of players away. Im not the only person saying this and there are a bunch of players who dont get on the forums that say it as well.

Not making more money? You ever met Jeremy? It's the only thing he can think about. But on a serious note, are you really surprised that the playerbase is smaller than it was at launch? ARK has 50% player drops, Atlas now too and who knows, maybe the february patch will actually be good. We don't know what will happen. 

Atlas is a really REALLY bad game just simply because there's no land to settle on and you have to sail for HOURS and HOURS just to find that out.  It's mind boggling to me why anyone would play it.

I give Atlas a 1 out of a 10 - one of the worst games I've ever played out of hundreds of titles.

Edited by [616]RexFortis
  • Like 1

Here's the real problem, the real problem is not only is Atlas a horrible game - almost ALL of the games on Steam are horrible games.  It's quite the phenomenon really.

And that's the only reason Atlas has any player base at all, simply because ALL of the games on Steam are equally as bad.

Edited by [616]RexFortis

1 minute ago, [616]RexFortis said:

Here's the real problem, the real problem is not only is Atlas a horrible game - almost ALL of the games on Steam are horrible games.  It's quite the phenomenon really.

Maybe you shouldn't play them? If you played hundreds of titles chances are you're gonna play some bad ones. I just check it out beforehand, helps me a little.

1 minute ago, [616]RexFortis said:

I enjoy alot of games from steam, I loved Ark and was hoping because these guys were attached to Ark it would be great but its not high sailing its toilette bowl flush.

Just now, Percieval said:

Maybe you shouldn't play them? If you played hundreds of titles chances are you're gonna play some bad ones. I just check it out beforehand, helps me a little.

Stop telling people not to play! As if they will listen to you. They complain because they need to vent!

I enjoy alot of games from steam, I loved Ark and was hoping because these guys were attached to Ark it would be great but its not high sailing its toilette bowl flush.

But so was ARK at times. ARK didnt have half as much content as this game has at its launch. A lot could (and went wrong) with this game. But there hasn't been a single thing thus far that surprised me. They nerfed stuff in ARK that didn't needed to be nerfed, they released a lot of patches that came with other problems too.. 

The other phenomenon on Steam is the "monkey-see-monkey-do" phenomenon.  There are some very promising games on Steam but the pinhead players will not play them because they have a player population of ZERO, and so the end result is all the pinheads are playing garbage games like Atlas and any of the other Top 20 games on Steam.

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

But so was ARK at times. ARK didnt have half as much content as this game has at its launch. A lot could (and went wrong) with this game. But there hasn't been a single thing thus far that surprised me. They nerfed stuff in ARK that didn't needed to be nerfed, they released a lot of patches that came with other problems too.. 

No one thinks Atlas has a better EA launch then Ark other than the paid trolls in these forums. Ark smashed this game if they came out same time no one would be on Atlas at all.

49 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Not really different because Rust was ground breaking just like Atlas only Rust Dev team was better at listing to players and casting a wide net and not one just for a group of players the way grapeshot is doing for the large companies and leaving small companies and solo players behind.

Let me see if I have this right.

Rust= Sandbox MMO with limited sailing options mostly based around landbased action.

Atlas=Sandbox MMO based around sailing, with in depth ship building and actual sailing mechanics.  

I think it would be better to compare Ark to Atlas.

Seeing as I have never played Ark or Rust, because both looked not interesting to me.  

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Let me see if I have this right.

Rust= Sandbox MMO with limited sailing options mostly based around landbased action.

Atlas=Sandbox MMO based around sailing, with in depth ship building and actual sailing mechanics.  

I think it would be better to compare Ark to Atlas.

Seeing as I have never played Ark or Rust, because both looked not interesting to me.  

HAahahahaaaaaaa haaaaaa 

..... ok

next

Genuine question: do EA reviews get removed when a game hits full release? or are they marked as an EA review?