Sign in to follow this  
Garfy

Remaking is easier than getting to the fountain of youth

Not even kidding. As long as you got someone to invite you to your old company and a few trash treasure maps, you can remake, grab 3-4 treasure maps and with the discovery bonus be back at level 40+ in an hour.

It'd take me longer than this to sail to the fountain of youth, and then I'd have to fight through the 100 super aggressive spawns that can just 1-2 shot me no matter what armor I'm wearing who all have thousands of Hp and are basically unkillable for anything short of a group of 20+ people.

Unless you got a huge company or have some kind of cheese, just remake your character. It'll be quicker and less painful than running for a fountain of youth.

Yes, a good point.  People will just skip past ageing in this manner to avoid the tedious, pointless quest.  In a similar vein I thought it amusing that the Devs were telling everyone to take a couple of hundred of each fruit/veg and about 50 of each meat and 4 or 5 waterskins when leaving Freeport.  Why bother when you can sail with no supplies at all and just kill yourself and respawn on the bed.  😄  Many players still do this, even with points in vitamins and fortitude - it just means you kill yourself less often.