Sign in to follow this  
Virus

unable to tame

The feeding through walls excuse is a bad one because the npc's in game CAN and will damage you through walls as they are always clipping through walls.The real problem there is when they are stuck ,like in a running forward position unable to move.The bigger problem is NOTHING in game should be clipping through any surface.

For feeding and avoiding getting bitten to death. Press X and crawl closer to the target and feed.

Try feeding from the belly-side of big creatures. Had also the problem to get the "Feed now" tooltip from the back-head and then found out, that it only works from the belly. Yo have to take care how the animal "drops" down when bolaed, but it works.

Since that "patch", it's been near impossible. Here is what I've found works for me.

Forget "open" taming on an elephant. It's broken.

In a 3x4 pen, if I stand at the elephants rear knee, as close to the belly as I can, and look at its chin, I'll get not only the tame % box, but the feed message. And it works. But there is a very fucking tiny window (for me) in which this works. Even if the elephant moves its head I'll lose the message. The game also hates you doing anything good, so I find I'll be moved slightly with broken game mechanics away, or towards the face (which will cause me getting hit).

Hope that helps anyone trying to tame an elephant. Considering the spawn mechanic is still broken as fuck, and I'll lose tames to magically appearing alpha tigers/lions/cobras....there seems to be no way to protect your animals. Making it impossible to replace them is just a fucking dick move.

Yesterday I tryed to tame 4 different elephants. Still not possible to tame!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get always the info "Press E to feed Wheat" and I have wheat in slot 0 but nothing happens. NO interaction possible.

I didn't use any trap and all elephants was on flat land bolaed.

Please fix it

We tried to tame 3 different elephants, they do not eat the wheat.

Tried in our pen and without.

The taming needs to be fixed. We keep losing our tames due to wilds aggroing on our stuff through our fully enclosed walls .even with a foundation-wide buffer zone wilds still glitch through and we lose stuff. Now its even harder to tame everything. We just lost all three of our bears yesterday to an alpha cobra while said bears were on neutral. It didn't matter if they fought back, they were all put to sleep and then they died. This is getting very old very fast.  We found it going down when we arrive back at base and couldn't kill the thing in time before it killed our bears.  Now our taming pen to get more is useless as we can't feed them and latancy and nonsense, as well as grif from other players, makes trying to tame one free running impossible.

Same problem here. My business was Tame selling. Now im fckd because of this buggy mechanics. Normally i tame 3-4 elephants in a evening. Now i get nothing for days. Only good thing is, that nobody cant tame actually.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 1:12 AM, Kezz said:

I had the same issue trying to Tame my first Elephant with wheat option appeared to feed it but it just would not eat... until I read

Patch Notes:

– Fixed ability of players to feed through walls of taming pens and not get attacked.
– Prevented some creatures from not being able to be tamed if they are clipped too far into terrain or structures.

However even after getting bashed by an elephant in the open and getting a bola onto it I still could not feed it???!?!! I can understand the feeding through walls but the terrain rule is broken. I even tried on a flat beach with nothing around and I still could not feed it!

You know it's amazing they can take time out of their busy schedule to break something that was working fine with their 'fix' but can't be bothered to fix their 'fix' afterward or roll it back. Honestly, I find it harder and harder to find good things to say about this dev team. 

Elephants can be fed from below but the feeding option at the back of the head is broken and they can not be fed that way.

Rhinos same thing but you can get in and out to feed them from below with a few less deaths

not tried bears again yet so far though it seems the hit box above around the neck area is bugged and not recognizing the food 

I also came across someone taming a tiger the other day they had it stuck in pillars going through the animal.the tame was not taking damage or losing efficiency so they had a relative easy way to tame.This is definitely a bug so im hoping the devs will resolve the taming issue soon

In regards to breeding has anyone figured out how to hatch a egg .I have tried quite a few things none of which have actually worked.I only play games due to breeding so whilst the mechanics are like this and no real progress in fixing the problems i am starting to think about not playing until these things are fixed. for me and countless others breeding and taming is what draws us to a game and why  we play So come on devs give breeding and taming the fixes it needs or we may as well not play 😞

Update taming tier 3 is possible to get perfect tames still but you need a team .1 healer 1  archer to get the health down and tamer to bola and tame it.healer heals the tamer between feeds when health is at 50%

On 1/21/2019 at 11:35 AM, Kirves said:

[...] Instead of making taming harder why not fix it so animals don't glitch through the ground, walls, floors and pretty much everything in this game. Then when the animals don't glitch anymore make changes to taming. [...] 

ever since ARK got released Wildcard didn't fix the glitching issue.

it's a dream GrapeCard would fix this when they didn't fix it the first place and effed up on hitboxes.

And in addition animals / tames don't just glitch through walls when being tamed but also hit through walls with an attack radius that to some extent is beyong ridiculous.

I got two elephants tamed before this ominous patch but by now after another 4 attempts i simply gave up on elephants and haul the two i got where i need them.

02:17:2019 I feeded it on it´s right side with "C"  next to his right back leg. Go forwarts and feed, go back right away! If you stay too close to it´s mouth, you get kicked. I still happend to get knocked 4 times, and died 2 times, but at the and I was able to tame the elephant. Still, this taming method is annoying!

Edited by Evalution

So let me get this straight, I've been playing this game for a month, finally get tier 3 taming and sail all over the place to find wheat seed, go out to tame an elephant to find out that not only can I no longer use traps, but I can't get "E for wheat" to work on open area take downs either? Why include taming at all if it's gonna be too glitchy to make the effort???? I guess I'm one of the idiots who enjoyed a lot about this game but now have no idea what the devs are thinking, especially now when they are declaring "Anarchy" to let people just go nuts before the big wipe, they're gonna "fix" something that wasn't a problem to start with? I didn't even mind the total wipe idea, after all, there's no real land to claim with their original botched up land claim process. The new system might just mean some of us solo players have a chance to set up a home base. But what's the point if you can't tame any of the big harvester beasts? I get having to build a skill progression to make getting a high level tame something to work for, but based on the patch notes that have been repeatedly posted in this thread, the devs broke this on purpose????? Un-frickin believable.