PSA to Xbox players regarding low FPS Read more... ×
Unable to gain experience points in Freeports? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Virus

unable to tame

unabel to tame a rhine while in bola  using turnip cant seem to get the feeding option also i got all the skills needed

plz advice >? 

• Like 4

Same problem but with a bear ... he keeps killing us even immobilized with bolas and in a trap, but we can't feed him.
Our "Tamer In Chief" is going mad and salty 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I had the same issue trying to Tame my first Elephant with wheat option appeared to feed it but it just would not eat... until I read

Patch Notes:

– Fixed ability of players to feed through walls of taming pens and not get attacked.
– Prevented some creatures from not being able to be tamed if they are clipped too far into terrain or structures.

However even after getting bashed by an elephant in the open and getting a bola onto it I still could not feed it???!?!! I can understand the feeding through walls but the terrain rule is broken. I even tried on a flat beach with nothing around and I still could not feed it!

• Like 1

I was trying to tame an elephant tonight and feeding it chickpeas then suddenly it stopped working. The message saying to feed it, as it layed there bola'd, came up yet no matter how many times I hit the keyboard button to feed it,nothing happened. I tried all around its head on all sides but it still wouldn't work. Something glitched.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Kezz said:

I had the same issue trying to Tame my first Elephant with wheat option appeared to feed it but it just would not eat... until I read

Patch Notes:

– Fixed ability of players to feed through walls of taming pens and not get attacked.
– Prevented some creatures from not being able to be tamed if they are clipped too far into terrain or structures.

However even after getting bashed by an elephant in the open and getting a bola onto it I still could not feed it???!?!! I can understand the feeding through walls but the terrain rule is broken. I even tried on a flat beach with nothing around and I still could not feed it!

I'm about 99.9% sure this little 'fix' of theirs is what broke taming. Now not only can you not feed them through walls, which I wasn't doing anyway, but you also can't feed them anywhere except either from directly in front of them, which is suicide or underneath their head which can equally be as suicidal. So we traded something that was basically a non-issue for us tamers for a major one that probably isn't going to be addressed any time soon. 

• Like 3

Can't feed an elephant. Its head clips in the doorway in our capture pen and won't allow us to feed it. I can understand fixing the feeding through the wall thing but how are we supposed to tame anything anymore? So now we can't use pens? We can't feed anywhere but straight in the face. So you need to have 10 people able to do tier 3 taming, get them in a congo line  and rotate them in as they each keep dieing over and over again. With every patch small groups and solo players lose content to do in the game. Now we can't tame. So any big derpy creature can't be tamed unless you get really lucky? After every patch there are so many more questions then answers. Stuff that did work just gets broken. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I trapped a lvl 30 elephant, bola it and was able to feed it a few times, but then suddenly i am unable to feed it any longer. I re logged,  died and reset, let the tame reset, tried landing the Bola with the tame falling in different angles and still unable to feed even with the press E to feed text.

• Like 3

So lets say we where not supposed to use taming pens. That's fine but when you bola an animal if you are on any hill or not on a perfectly flat area the animals head glitches through the ground and you can't feed. Instead of making taming harder why not fix it so animals don't glitch through the ground, walls, floors and pretty much everything in this game. Then when the animals don't glitch anymore make changes to taming. Not only do we have to deal with open taming which doesn't work either but now we have to deal with alpha's and the abundance of predators around in the area since we can't use a pen to keep the tame safe and in other cases ourselves safe.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just tried to tame an Elephant, first with taming pen and after that on the beach but couldn't feed it once. It seems to me as it's impossible now to tame something, even if you would manage to feed it at some point it would take too long to bola it again in a position to feed it. You would lose all your taming progress until the next time you can feed it. If they wanted to make taming more difficult, congratulation. Whoever is now able to tame something like an elephant must be either really lucky or have figures something out I didn't.

If you have any tips how it's possible to tame please let me know. Very interested in that.

• Like 2

I've had the same problem with Elephants. Sometimes there's no issue, you can feed and not be punted across the island...
Other times when you bola the animal will not accept food from any angle... even so close to it's mouth you can see it's stomach contents.
The option 'Press E to feed' appears, but nothing happens.

I've used taming traps and also demolished the trap to tame it without any walls blocking me from the beast but still had issues. Getting to 80% progress then it won't eat... you try to get closer and closer then you get rekt, die, run back, find your corpse with Orbit camera mode and see it's under the mesh... use a pick in the approximate area and get your taming gear and food back... then see it get free and you lost 20-30% progress...

GG.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 8:51 PM, Noom said:

Same problem but with a bear ... he keeps killing us even immobilized with bolas and in a trap, but we can't feed him.
Our "Tamer In Chief" is going mad and salty 😄

Yeah, in my company this was me. I've quit taming. I refuse to enage with this system until it's reverted or improved.
Im hand-harvesting now and just crafting and building.

• Like 1

The position animals fall in is now realllllly important... if i have any fall while "looking" directly in a corner, i can't feed them, but can if they "looking" directly at one of the doorways.

Granted, I've not tried elephants, so idk how that will go 😕

I have had Zero issues with Tigers regardless of how they fall, including having it fall with its head stuck through the large door  at the end of my pen. Elephants is a whole other issue that thing no matter how i got it to fall once it first didn't let me feed i was never able to again.

Yea, it's been problematic... particularly Bulls, but anything aggressive/combative in general.

• Like 2

Don't want people to feed through walls, don't allow animals to glitch through walls.  Kind of absurd how in this game, you have to build an extra layer or two around your tame pen because hey, while you can't interact with the tame on the other side of the wall, and predator can damn sure stick it's head through that wall and bite the tame.  Seen many people's tames go down this way.  I've seen people quit playing the game over it.  We had a husband wife team in our Company, and he and the wife were doing their own thing beside one of the lakes.  She no longer wanted to play because everything was 3 steps forward, two steps back...and in a really bad way...like tames getting killed through walls.  So when she quit, so did he.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

oh this was the issue then. i got my taming reset cos i couldn't feed. i did manage at the end and it was only a low level tame but this is broken ... i ended up using a shield to feed but it is still a challenge to find the right angle which would allow you to feed or not. 

• Like 3

Fix this issue. You've left broken an entire skill tree.

FIX IT.

• Like 5

Entire 100 person companies are switching to private over the hacking issues - chinese tribes getting defeated and wiped, they then spawn whales and force multiple hour roll backs on the servers - Just as the mega-Tribe 'Tea' did in Ark...

Crap like this issue with taming is pushing people to quit too... and this isn't even a bug, it's an intended change because the Devs are salty about comparissons to Ark.

They build their game from the foundations of Ark, then strip systems out / change them for the sake of Change rather than having a well thought out and designed gameplay replacement.

I'm getting tired too. Starting to mix up the games I play each night. Hoping this doesn't go into the vapourware bin like Snail Games did with Dark and Light and PixArk...

• Like 1

OK, I tried taming an elephant last night to see if the Steam Verify Files fixed that and I can say with 100% confidence it did not even a little bit fix it. 

On 1/20/2019 at 1:12 AM, Kezz said:

Patch Notes:

I'm pretty sure the 2nd entry in those patch notes basically made any large creature virtually untamable because they're always going to clip into things because the devs didn't do IK right with them. Basically, it should say "-We arbitrarily decided to punish tamers for something that is entirely our fault. You're welcome!" 

• Like 1

Just tried to tame an elephant with wheat and incapacitated it out in the open. The blue text would appear suggesting I could feed it, but pressing E did nothing regardless of where I was in relation to the elephant. Didn't look like it was clipping anything. Seems like taming them is broken in general now.

• Like 1

Yah and still no word on any sort of fix or acknowledgement of a problem. Another one of those things that really wasn't broken and now is. 

• Like 1

If they don't want you to tame through walls then fix the damn bug that allows any animal to fall through floor, walls, and ceilings. They have NEVER fixed this problem in ARK and since its the same os, here we are. They are NEVER going to fix this bug. They had over three years to do so in ARK.

Been trying to tame an elephant and have the same problems as everyone else. I thought it was me. I have the right food, and it prompts you to feed hit "E" which does nothing. This is so frustrating for players. Don't know if it's even worth it. Do elephants harvest more wood than one can collect with a metal hatchet ?

• Like 1

Yah they harvest very well its not only the amount they harvest but they amount they can carry. Which is why i'm glad I caught a few before the patch was released. Sorry to everyone else who has to deal with this now.

Who's fault is it when the elephant falls into a rock face and you can't get to it ?? FIX IT PLEASE