Okay - Firstly, I would like to say that the age thing has always been a puzzle untill now...

Secondly, Age in the game is a good feat to have, a really good thing, it addds a little immersion...

However, the way it has been implemented, and with the recent patch, is really, really bad!

My reason is this - I have logged over 250hrs+ since release, I have battled dying every 2 minutes for 4 hours straight from OP Wolves - Streamed it too...
I have rebuilt bases over and over due to night raiders, I have moved from island to island because of grievers, I have rebuilt ship after ship because as a small group with varying times, it is hard to ensure that proper defences can be built... However, back to the age and why it''s a game breaker...

As stated, I have over 250hrs+ already, I started off at the age of 20 in game, and now I am currently aged 92, That means, lets say I put 10 hours a day - In 25 days, I have aged 72 years...
So, every say 20 days, I am now FORCED to go to these ruins to reset my age, with no guarentee that I will find the right one - It takes 30 hours apparantly to sail across the map, So I'll leave it at 20 hours to go from power stone to powerstone - Lets add another 3 hours on to check each ruin (Taking into account how often I am going to die to god knows what) lets times that by 8 (24hours) - so now already after 20 days of superfast aging, I now face a potential of another 2days and 4 hours to reset my age - But now lets take into consideration that it could infact change position again overnight... So there is an exxtremely high possibility, that I could endlessly be going round to try and reset my age for days, if not weeks untill I am lucky enough to find this age reset...

That is a gamebreaker, It's not so bad if you are in a big group and can send everyone out to find it at once, it could possibly be found within a day easily, but for smaller groups/solo players - it is nearly impossible...

Now, If i want to continue to play the game, how I want to play the game, without being forced to play the game in a certain way, I have to deal with a stat debuff, which again limits the gameplay for solo players/ small groups...

I think, you should at least get the aging aspect right - So if we age, it should be 1 year for like every 10 days playing time, that at least means that we don't have to face this forced gameplay for at least 2 years, it keeps the aging and makes it better, not so fast... and also allows people to play the game in an unintrusive, unforced gameplay style...

• Like 5

well there is the child thing but for those of us that do not want to buy the game again to create a 2nd character of the opposite sex to have a kid with. You should be able to go to freeport and adopt a kid. and only be allowed to have one minor adopted child at a time. Also you should not have to pay family members since they will be npc's until you die. They should also act as crew for ships base ect. like other npc crew but no pay and they should not require food. You already have to constantly hunt and gather food to feed yourself and any npc crew you may have. You should only need a pantry locker for them (family and NPC crew) to get food from and not have to put in their inventory. ( I have yet to get any crew but if it works like the animals this is the case)

• Like 2

I would like to add to R4GN4R's point with this regarding the implementation so we keep the feedback in one thread. because I 100% agree with everything he has said.
I will comment on how it was implemented. 
You have a world of give or take 40,000 people who have all been playing since day one.
For the most part we're all over 90 because as previously stated, we've been playing since day one.
We log in this morning to the fountain of youth, we now have give or take anywhere between 10,000 and 40,000 people trying to travel across the map, between servers that are capped at 150 players to reach 1 fountain of youth found in a server that holds 150 people.
Its going to take the big corps days alone to get through there, add in the smaller corps and groups are going to be making their way through.
How the hell is anyone actually going to get it done? The lag in O15 this morning was appalling, unplayable.

I can appreciate that there was excitement to implement key parts of the game, but the mechanics that support that arnt there and once again
we're stuck in a potentially game breaking situation

• Like 2

id rather buy elixirs of youth for 100 gold than spend every few days trying to find a fountain, I solo on most days and when im lucky my daughter plays too.  We are both pushing 90 and nowhere near ready for an undertaking of a quest through those kinda waters.

• Like 2

I haven't been playing much lately. Mostly log on to make sure I have my stuff and see if a company has destroyed their foundations they put all over the island....anyway, I just read about this system now when I woke up and they said the servers went down bc of hackers spawning in stuff again.

I'm a solo player and it sounds like I will have an even harder time than I have had since launch. I haven't really gotten anywhere so far bc of people using damned ships to destroy my ship on a  PvE server and systems in the game that give no warning or explanation.

I wonder if they are trying to get rid of the player base or if they are just clueless. I will have to wait and see how this turns out before I actively play again. Like you said, I will probably have to live with the debuff for a very long time and i dont know if it's worth it xD