Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Player shops

6 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

Confused though.. who will you be pirating if there are no trading vessels on the water? other pirates?

Yeah of course. That and SoTD. Mainly I will be concerned with my bases I will be setting up, but yeah even if 5000 people are on a server that is plenty of people raid.

ill be grinding out ships so much that we won’t really care if we lose one. Ships aren’t nearly as important as bases are.

5 minutes ago, Realist said:

The funny thing is, I won’t. What other people think is boring is actually what I love. I can spend 8 hours everyday doing nothing but grinding mats and have plenty of fun.

I am a true grinder and can very easily do one single task with tunnel vision. I already have my first 3 days planned out, which includes nothing but leveling a special mate farming.

wildcard has actually been doing me a solid with some of these changes. Going to be very easy by the time it comes on Xbox 

If they did an auction hall/player shop like WoW, trading would be 100% safe. You just show up whenever you want and buy anything that 100’s have people have put up in the shop. Would be great 

I was talking about exploring. You will need it at some point. 

Just now, Percieval said:

I was talking about exploring. You will need it at some point. 

Yeah that was what I had planned for for first 3 days. I am going to sail the whole map in three days because I will be doing nothing but sailing on a raft and going to every island on the map. Once those 3 days are over I won’t need to sail anymore unless I am raiding. Got a whole plan set up.

but yes I will have to “explore” for the first 3 days, I just call it power leveling and not exploring. It will go by very quickly.

anytime I start a new character in ark I just go from 1-75 in a couple hours. Once you figure out their system it becomes very easy to power level

12 minutes ago, Realist said:

If they did an auction hall/player shop like WoW, trading would be 100% safe. You just show up whenever you want and buy anything that 100’s have people have put up in the shop. Would be great 

That's fine for freeports, but Id like something that players can use when they are out and about to trade with each other directly. The more player driven content is the more emergence you get.

3 minutes ago, Strategos said:

That's fine for freeports, but Id like something that players can use when they are out and about to trade with each other directly. The more player driven content is the more emergence you get.

That fine, I am sure some people want that. That is just dangerous though, because I’ll be raiding anyone I see after my bases are done. Pirates loved going after trading companies.

the hard part will be figuring out trade routes but once we do it will be good.

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

That fine, I am sure some people want that. That is just dangerous though, because I’ll be raiding anyone I see after my bases are done. Pirates loved going after trading companies.

the hard part will be figuring out trade routes but once we do it will be good.

Well I play on PVE so that doesn't effect me. But on PvP it would improve things because there would be people travelling to trade for you to pirate. 

Someone above mentioned EVE online, their contract system is a great example. You immediately get players setting up transport businesses. Then they get pirated, so you then get people who get paid to protect them.  The possibilities are endless if you give players the right set of tools.

20 minutes ago, Strategos said:

Well I play on PVE so that doesn't effect me. But on PvP it would improve things because there would be people travelling to trade for you to pirate. 

Someone above mentioned EVE online, their contract system is a great example. You immediately get players setting up transport businesses. Then they get pirated, so you then get people who get paid to protect them.  The possibilities are endless if you give players the right set of tools.

Yeah, I see trade companies being a very big success in pve. As well as important tool in pve for economy building.

pvp however, we don’t believe in economy, by we I mean the people I play with. If you think I am bad(not that much) the guys I play with are raid crazy. Probably at least 1 a day. They will probably chase down every one they get a chance to lol.

see, nothing but raiding gets boring to me since I like grinding. Another reason why the auction hall/player shop is so important. 

I will grind out every mat that is on the island until it is bare but it wouldn’t be time efficient if I needed to go to a further island just for one mat.

i want that shop there so I can go and buy what I need and then come back to my fast paced grinding.

i don’t have time to waste on sailing. Now if I know of a trade company that is carrying one of those specific mats that I need I will be going after them like they owed me money in real life. 

My time it what is important and I try to make every second count. If I can shave off even 30 sec from a task, it’s a good thing

Edited by Realist

54 minutes ago, Realist said:

I will be doing nothing but sailing on a raft and going to every island on the map.

For the sake of your sanity, don't use a Raft, use a Sloop.  Rafts are so crap I just use them as floating bedsteads.

1 minute ago, Coggage said:

For the sake of your sanity, don't use a Raft, use a Sloop.  Rafts are so crap I just use them as floating bedsteads.

The reason for the raft is mainly because wildcard was gracious enough to make it to where the SoTD doesn’t attack them. All I need is a box for the paste I will be mass collecting while on the way to power level.

wont bother with any metal because of the weight, but if I can have 2-3 thousand paste by the time I find my home island I will be ready to build my base. 

And mainly I won’t care too much of a raft gets destroyed. I would only be using it for safe travel and to run up on an island.

also, I know to make sure to park it out in the water so no alphas can mess with it.

i am planning on dying at least 300 times within the first 3 days, so I will only be making the very basic armor. Every single level I get will go into fortitude to more easily survive all of the climates.

literally my first 3 days will be no fun at all. I don’t have a problem with sacrificing a few days so I don’t have to worry about anything from then on.

good thing about being on console is I will know exactly what to do once it hits. That is another reason I keep such a close eye on this game.

not because I am excited for it, but if I am going to do it I want maximum efficiency right off the get go. I would like to hit 100 within the first week.

i am sure human breeding will be around by console release and we have a guy that is way to into breeding from ark. He makes spreadsheets about all possible outcomes of different mating groups and all that. Kind of nerdy but he knows we like him anyway. We also have a tamer that does nothing but tame.

it always works out well. I grind out the mats and then I am given the best animals, armor, weapons and tools. Works out well for me. My other buddy is a building master. Some of the stuff he has done is just awesome.

to us this game is a job 😂 but it’s a job we like doing so everything goes like clockwork.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

but yes I will have to “explore” for the first 3 days, I just call it power leveling and not exploring. It will go by very quickly.

anytime I start a new character in ark I just go from 1-75 in a couple hours. Once you figure out their system it becomes very easy to power level

Exploring the seas and discovering islands doesn't actually level you, it gains you points which will gradually increase your max level, but it doesn't mean you'll be fully levelled just by exploring.

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

The reason for the raft is mainly because wildcard was gracious enough to make it to where the SoTD doesn’t attack them. All I need is a box for the paste I will be mass collecting while on the way to power level.

SotD do attack Rafts when you get close. Also good luck trying to explore all the grids on a raft in 3 days, I guarantee you it will take more than 24 hours for you to have explored every island you can.

On your exploration you'll also need supplies of wood, fiber and hide to repair your raft. Rafts take damage every time you cross grids, and you'll be crossing a lot of grids. Cyclones spawn around you everytime it rains which means as you'll be exploring constantly the first 3 days you'll constantly experience cyclones that will cause damage to your raft. You'll also have to kill yourself a lot when vitamins deplete.

wont bother with any metal because of the weight, but if I can have 2-3 thousand paste by the time I find my home island I will be ready to build my base.

If you're farming for paste and you farm honey, then a stack 1,000 honey, which will be the equivalent of 1,000 paste weighs 500. You'll struggle to carry so much as you collect it on your raft, your raft will sink quickly. You will need to explore, collect some, move to other island, and before you know if you'll have too much to continue so will need to return to your base in whatever grid you have, then have to go all the way out again.

So yeah you won't be able to continously explore and harvest 2000-3000 paste because your raft wont cope.

Also you'll need to farm even more fiber to make paste so you'll need double the amount of that compared to honey/sap.

And mainly I won’t care too much of a raft gets destroyed. I would only be using it for safe travel and to run up on an island.

You won't care if your raft gets destroyed along with the box you have on it storing the honey/sap you've been harvesting from islands? Ok then.

also, I know to make sure to park it out in the water so no alphas can mess with it.

Park a raft out in the water? You mean out in the deeper water where you can't anchor it? A place where when it is not anchored it will take damage from the frequent cyclones? Ok then.

good thing about being on console is I will know exactly what to do once it hits. That is another reason I keep such a close eye on this game.

You may keep a close eye, but your plan already has lots of holes in it.

not because I am excited for it, but if I am going to do it I want maximum efficiency right off the get go. I would like to hit 100 within the first week.

Would like to hit 100 what? Chickens?

If you mean age you won't hit 100 for 3-4 weeks regardless of how much you play. If you want to hit 100 lvl within the first week well you are unlikely to ever achieve that, you need to get all the exploration out of the way first to even be able to lvl that high, and based on your plan which has many holes in it, you are unlikely to achieve that in 3 days.

i am sure human breeding will be around by console release and we have a guy that is way to into breeding from ark. He makes spreadsheets about all possible outcomes of different mating groups and all that. Kind of nerdy but he knows we like him anyway. We also have a tamer that does nothing but tame.

Breeding and taming are both very different from ark, particularly breeding. I would suggest from your friend to pay very close attention to how it works. You gotta be in the right grid area with the right temperature, you gotta pay attention to the heat throughout the entire process like you do with eggs in Ark but this includes mating, gestation, maturation! If babies too hot or cold they will die. So much more to it than Ark.

Good luck to you. Reading your plan and ideas shows that you clearly have not been following the game as closely as your think you have. But i'm sure things will change more before Console release so what is said now could be very different by then.

I'll be interested at least to know if you explored the entire grid system and reached all areas in the first 3 days and reached lvl 100 in the first week. My money is on that being a failure, but of course only you'd have the proof to show that at the time. 👍

20 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Exploring the seas and discovering islands doesn't actually level you, it gains you points which will gradually increase your max level, but it doesn't mean you'll be fully levelled just by exploring.

SotD do attack Rafts when you get close. Also good luck trying to explore all the grids on a raft in 3 days, I guarantee you it will take more than 24 hours for you to have explored every island you can.

On your exploration you'll also need supplies of wood, fiber and hide to repair your raft. Rafts take damage every time you cross grids, and you'll be crossing a lot of grids. Cyclones spawn around you everytime it rains which means as you'll be exploring constantly the first 3 days you'll constantly experience cyclones that will cause damage to your raft. You'll also have to kill yourself a lot when vitamins deplete.

If you're farming for paste and you farm honey, then a stack 1,000 honey, which will be the equivalent of 1,000 paste weighs 500. You'll struggle to carry so much as you collect it on your raft, your raft will sink quickly. You will need to explore, collect some, move to other island, and before you know if you'll have too much to continue so will need to return to your base in whatever grid you have, then have to go all the way out again.

So yeah you won't be able to continously explore and harvest 2000-3000 paste because your raft wont cope.

Also you'll need to farm even more fiber to make paste so you'll need double the amount of that compared to honey/sap.

You won't care if your raft gets destroyed along with the box you have on it storing the honey/sap you've been harvesting from islands? Ok then.

Park a raft out in the water? You mean out in the deeper water where you can't anchor it? A place where when it is not anchored it will take damage from the frequent cyclones? Ok then.

You may keep a close eye, but your plan already has lots of holes in it.

Would like to hit 100 what? Chickens?

If you mean age you won't hit 100 for 3-4 weeks regardless of how much you play. If you want to hit 100 lvl within the first week well you are unlikely to ever achieve that, you need to get all the exploration out of the way first to even be able to lvl that high, and based on your plan which has many holes in it, you are unlikely to achieve that in 3 days.

Breeding and taming are both very different from ark, particularly breeding. I would suggest from your friend to pay very close attention to how it works. You gotta be in the right grid area with the right temperature, you gotta pay attention to the heat throughout the entire process like you do with eggs in Ark but this includes mating, gestation, maturation! If babies too hot or cold they will die. So much more to it than Ark.

Good luck to you. Reading your plan and ideas shows that you clearly have not been following the game as closely as your think you have. But i'm sure things will change more before Console release so what is said now could be very different by then.

I'll be interested at least to know if you explored the entire grid system and reached all areas in the first 3 days and reached lvl 100 in the first week. My money is on that being a failure, but of course only you'd have the proof to show that at the time. 👍

Very cool thank you for the additional info. I believe my buddy and I may need to make additional rafts for weight distribution and repair materials.

but yeah, 12 hours a day for 3 days should be enough to get through the grids. Once again, I don’t mind mindlessly sailing for 3 days if it means I will be able to rarely do it later on.

and also yes, I heard about the vitamins and I am not doing that so that is why I told the other guy I planned on dying at least 300 times through out the 3 days.

i am sure that there will be things that slow me down, but I usually reach any goal I set out for myself, even if it does turn out to be more difficult than I had planned. And to be honest, if it takes a fourth or Fifth day I won’t beat myself up about it. As long as it takes to get that stuff out of the way so I can leave it in the past.

thanks for that addition info though. I could tell you were being a little over bearing but I still appreciate the info. Like is said I am all about efficiency so any info you can give will be appreciated.

i have a feeling they will make storms easier to navigate away from and I am also pretty sure the damage for switching servers will leave as well. If not, I’ll just mess to deal with it which shouldn’t be too hard.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

The reason for the raft is mainly because wildcard was gracious enough to make it to where the SoTD doesn’t attack them.

I've never been bothered by SotD in my Sloop because it's so fast.  I've never yet been attacked by one because they are so slow by comparison.  The Sloop will also make your trip a lot faster and carry more.

4 minutes ago, Coggage said:

I've never been bothered by SotD in my Sloop because it's so fast.  I've never yet been attacked by one because they are so slow by comparison.  The Sloop will also make your trip a lot faster and carry more.

Actually with that reasoning I might use a sloop, how much faster is it?

Realist is unrealistic.

Leave him to faceplant in his fantasy when he realizes how unrealistic his plans are. 

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Actually with that reasoning I might use a sloop, how much faster is it?

A sloop is much faster than a raft.  If you can level to the point of making a loom and having the ability to make the medium speed sail that will make it even better as you will just blow right through any region you get into.  You will really only have to worry about the lag areas(usually lawless zones where people have spammed structures).

19 hours ago, MisterMyztik said:

Should this have had a sarcasm tag?

In case you guys haven't figured this out, he doesn't even play Atlas, just posts here to annoy people. I've blocked all of realists posts, but of course I still see some of the threads he starts.

45 minutes ago, Vaenix said:

A sloop is much faster than a raft.  If you can level to the point of making a loom and having the ability to make the medium speed sail that will make it even better as you will just blow right through any region you get into.  You will really only have to worry about the lag areas(usually lawless zones where people have spammed structures).

Well now that you mentioned already leveling to make it that fast I might choose the raft for the beginning and maybe do the sloop starting day 2.

I actually like the idea of player shops since it will get rid of all the sailing trade companies out there.

no point to that in a pirate game.

You do realize pirates can't exist without trade/merchant ships right? This is basic common sense that you're lacking.

Not to mention, when you create a group they're called companies and not pirate crews.

Atlas is a fantasy age of sail mmo that has pirates. It is not strictly a pirate game.

Edited by Shanks Black

7 minutes ago, Shanks Black said:

You do realize pirates can't exist without trade/merchant ships right? This is basic common sense that you're lacking.

Not to mention, when you create a group they're called companies and not pirate crews.

Atlas is a fantasy age of sail mmo that has pirates. It is not strictly a pirate game.

Yes I know you wanted to point out I was lacking common sense, so I will return the favor.

you think it is a fantasy game. This is an ark game. Ark players play this game on a massive scale. If you go to pve, you can have that fantasy, maybe. Remember all of the ark pve griefers are here as well.

as far as pvp goes. You level up, build a base and go try to control more servers. Feel free to look at the coMyron map that the other guy posted. 

Pvp is about dominating the globe and controlling everything. This isn’t even close to what you think it is. Even though it is an mmo, never forget that it is a sandbox, which means it doesn’t matter what the devs want. People will turn it into what they want.

there is wow and there is eve. Then there is rust and there is ark. Atlas is rust and ark.

11 minutes ago, Shanks Black said:

Plus this is atlas, not the real world in history. Pirates can easily exist without trade companies in atlas

13 minutes ago, Shanks Black said:

Also it is a pirate mmo. Not what you said lmao

7 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yes I know you wanted to point out I was lacking common sense, so I will return the favor.

you think it is a fantasy game. This is an ark game. Ark players play this game on a massive scale. If you go to pve, you can have that fantasy, maybe. Remember all of the ark pve griefers are here as well.

as far as pvp goes. You level up, build a base and go try to control more servers. Feel free to look at the coMyron map that the other guy posted. 

Pvp is about dominating the globe and controlling everything. This isn’t even close to what you think it is. Even though it is an mmo, never forget that it is a sandbox, which means it doesn’t matter what the devs want. People will turn it into what they want.

there is wow and there is eve. Then there is rust and there is ark. Atlas is rust and ark.

You think the top 10 companies spend most of their time pirating and raiding instead of farming? Just shows you've never been in a large company.

Raiding/pirating is less efficient than farming if the goal is to acquire resources. The only reason to pirate/raid is to grief your enemy. Sailing out to attack randoms and getting their loot is a waste of time and is something that noobs do. When this change goes live, the top 10 companies (which are all trade/farming companies) will pirate the routes of their enemy to disrupt their farm, not to take their stuff.

Edited by Shanks Black

2 minutes ago, Shanks Black said:

You think the top 10 companies spend most of their time pirating and raiding instead of farming? Just shows you've never been in a large company.

Raiding/pirating is less efficient than farming if the goal is to acquire resources. The only reason to pirate/raid is to grief your enemy. Sailing out to attack randoms and getting their loot is a waste of time and is something that noobs do.

Just shows how much you know about ark. Raiding bases(not ships) is always more beneficial than farming. 

Yeah, I can see you are new to wildcard games. 

Lol you said I was a noob. Ok dude. 

Calling this a “fantasy age of sail, that has pirates” yeah that has noob written all over it. You don’t even know what game you are playing.

you do realize people attack other people just to attack them, regardless of loot right? It’s called pvp

2 hours ago, wildbill said:

In case you guys haven't figured this out, he doesn't even play Atlas, just posts here to annoy people. I've blocked all of realists posts, but of course I still see some of the threads he starts.

Yeah fairly sad 😞

The age of the internet.

1 hour ago, Shanks Black said:

Don't argue or engage with this guy, he doesn't even play Atlas, so of course he doesn't know how it works either.

Yes, you are right. If you look in the history books, you will see that merchant ships, pirates, the royal navy and other navies all existed together. Can't have one really without the other, but of course, Atlas is not a historically based game like you might guess, it is actually based on some kind of fantasy theme, I think actually in the future (I'm not sure they are clear on when it exists).

Edited by wildbill

16 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You'll be a pirate?

You'll be going to freeport for NPC's?

You'll be sailing?

That mean you bought the game or are you still trying to convince people that you know everything there is about a game you don't even own?

Please don't tell me you bought Atlas after all the ranting you've been doing about how EVIL GS is.  Please... tell me you're just trying to make people believe you know what you're talking about.

" a massively multiplayer first-and-third-person fantasy pirate adventure.  "

The atlas store page on steam call your a dirty dirty liar.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/834910/ATLAS/

• Like 1