Adfax

Time to scrap the age mechanic before you lose most of your players..

3 minutes ago, Fathom said:

Just put a FOY in all of the Golden Age ruins.  Done.   Next topic.

They should just remove age, the game really doesn't need it.

It adds literally nothing.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 1:27 AM, vaylain said:

I absolutely despise the age aspect of this game now. I am almost 90 now I am forced to go on a freaking quest on some other island or suffer a debuff? This is complete BS. I also absolutely HATE traveling to other islands as I find sailing abhorring and extremely difficult and I get lost too easily, also, there are so many players that just like to grief ships and my sloop is always sunk. I prefer to just tame, craft, and build on my own comfortable island. Why do I now have to sail to random islands to quest for a fountain of youth? And will I even be able to complete this freaking quest as a solo player? I ask because I will never play in a group and this will certainly ruin the game for me =-(

Instead of adding a debuff and gimping characters, how about just including the beneficial buff and those that chose to quest may get that beneficial buff as an incentive but don't debuff the ones that choose not to go on this quest, please?

While I do enjoy sailing, overall this is a crafting game for me, and the age thing adds absolutely zero to my game play.

I 1000% agree with this proposal. No way that this should be a forced quest.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:46 PM, kyle_phoenix said:

you knew it will come. why the whining? you knew when you bought the game, that it will be a core element. its not polished yet. All they should do, is to spawn the fountain everywhere this time, till they figure out what will be best for all.

Actually, I didn't. Not sure I would have bought it had I known age was even a factor in playing the game. It's totally dumb and immaterial to the game.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:07 PM, Adfax said:

Well, from the makers of ark, I'd think they should be familiar with the term "adapt and survive".

Never played Ark...