Jump to content

Adfax

Time to scrap the age mechanic before you lose most of your players..

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Miedein said:

Honestly I side with Nari on this. The mechanics are just fine and dandy to me. But my issue is, they aren't ready for the whole legacy mechanic yet. So they shouldn't turn on the aging until they are ready. This way you have a choice. Do you let your character die and you move to the child to carry on the legacy? Or do you seek out the fabled fountain of youth and continue living on. 

I really hate both options.

The "fabled fountain" is just a place full of nakeds where you play a zombie survival game as a zombie. It's not nearly close to what comes to my mind when i think of some holy grail quest. Maybe it sounded good on paper but in reality it is NOT a quest that is fun to do.

As for having an offspring, i just really hope it won't involve "mating" with other player's character. It will also probably involve spending 50% of my playtime catering to the stupid child. I don't have that spare free time. I barely have time to sail in that sailing mmo as it is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hillbllywsperer said:

whats the big dal its super easy to get. MAke a shitty sloop at the freeport and go and get the fountain. it took 30 minutes.

What's the point then, why just not make the fountain spawn right at the freeport?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely despise the age aspect of this game now. I am almost 90 now I am forced to go on a freaking quest on some other island or suffer a debuff? This is complete BS. I also absolutely HATE traveling to other islands as I find sailing abhorring and extremely difficult and I get lost too easily, also, there are so many players that just like to grief ships and my sloop is always sunk. I prefer to just tame, craft, and build on my own comfortable island. Why do I now have to sail to random islands to quest for a fountain of youth? And will I even be able to complete this freaking quest as a solo player? I ask because I will never play in a group and this will certainly ruin the game for me =-(

Instead of adding a debuff and gimping characters, how about just including the beneficial buff and those that chose to quest may get that beneficial buff as an incentive but don't debuff the ones that choose not to go on this quest, please?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hillbllywsperer said:

because its a little quest to give you something to do besides farm and tame

I'm sure there are things to do besides farm and tame that are much more enjoyable than this and i it doesn't feel like i'm being forced into doing them, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hillbllywsperer said:

because its a little quest to give you something to do besides farm and tame

 

It is not a quest you GET to do, it is a forced quest we HAVE to do. Not the same thing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its possible to do solo. ive gotten 4 power stones and the fountain solo today.

i did have help to kill the hydra when me and 1 other killed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Miedein said:

Honestly I side with Nari on this. The mechanics are just fine and dandy to me. But my issue is, they aren't ready for the whole legacy mechanic yet. So they shouldn't turn on the aging until they are ready. This way you have a choice. Do you let your character die and you move to the child to carry on the legacy? Or do you seek out the fabled fountain of youth and continue living on. 

 

And honestly, if people want to whine and quit the game. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. Means I and others can expand our claims better for our tax offices for those of us that enjoy the game. 

 

You don't like the changes? Don't whine, and threaten. Give feedback. They nerfed elephants and just tonight they made animals that I thought were garbage wastes of time being relevant with how much carry weight they now have. I have an elephant with 4k weight, a rhino with 5k weight. I hated the rhino and thought it a waste of time. Now I'll actually use the damn thing. 

Screw you, you pompous arse! Just because you are alright with it does not mean we all have to be ya dink! There is a lot of unhappy people on this thread expressing their dislike for this age aspect and wish it to be reconsidered. We don't need you trolling, so how about we hit your arse with the door!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hillbllywsperer said:

its possible to do solo. ive gotten 4 power stones and the fountain solo today.

i did have help to kill the hydra when me and 1 other killed it.

This is not solo then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vaylain said:

This is not solo then.

Ignore that moron. You can tell he exaggerates just about everything he says.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What i dont understand, that in the Stream they was talking about the patch comes in February !!!???

And than after the Stream it did not take very long till the Server Message came up like "we change to V15 in 8 Hours"

WTF Devs ??

You said yourself the System is not totaly Ready yet !!

Better take care of all this chinese Hackers that hack YOUR ADMIN Accounts and spawn in Shit instead of putting in a System that dont works

and gonna chase away most of your players!

I was defending The Game long enough so you better show finaly that you care about your players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eve BlackVeil said:

If they really want the age mechanic, why not  just slow it down A LOT.

hy the game does not work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cristin35 said:
hy the game does not work

You may as well have been the previous poster and tried to compare your genitalia to others. Neither comment is beneficial to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, vaylain said:

I absolutely despise the age aspect of this game now. I am almost 90 now I am forced to go on a freaking quest on some other island or suffer a debuff? This is complete BS. I also absolutely HATE traveling to other islands as I find sailing abhorring and extremely difficult and I get lost too easily, also, there are so many players that just like to grief ships and my sloop is always sunk. I prefer to just tame, craft, and build on my own comfortable island. Why do I now have to sail to random islands to quest for a fountain of youth? And will I even be able to complete this freaking quest as a solo player? I ask because I will never play in a group and this will certainly ruin the game for me =-(

Instead of adding a debuff and gimping characters, how about just including the beneficial buff and those that chose to quest may get that beneficial buff as an incentive but don't debuff the ones that choose not to go on this quest, please?

 

then go back to ark , this game is about sailign exploring as u cannot lvl over 51 with out doing so , so while u are happy at lvl 51 with hardly any points to spend u will me massivly under lvled for later content 

Edited by UDO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, UDO said:

then go back to ark , this game is about sailign exploring as u cannot lvl over 51 with out doing so , so while u are happy at lvl 51 with hardly any points to spend u will me massivly under lvled fro later content 

Eat me freak! I don't have to go back anywhere. This game was just fine the way it was BEFORE this lame arsed age concept. There are enough players here on this very thread that agree that this age implementation is a bust, ya blind fool. Are you insinuating that more than half of the player base leave for another game because we do not prefer this new age BS? Well done, ya genius, I can see Grapeshot hot and bothered to hire your dumbarse to head their marketing department.

P.S. I am actually hoping they make all the sailing crap a lot more refined and easier soon. Right now it is extremely rough and navigation is extremely hard and needs a lot more polishing. It is early access and I am sure it will get easier to sail over time. I am just waiting for those particular enhancements later on.

Edited by vaylain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that age system is just total garbage ... its not even important in which way they improve that system ... people spent a shit ton of hours already and loosing all that pogress just because they think its cool if u loose everything u have done so far just beacuse u dont want or just simply just cant do that quest alone .... ik there is some genius here again who will just say: "go then ! if u dont like it, this game isnt for u !" but i rly like the game i like everything about it from sailing to building the ship exploring all the regions to get the stuff i cant get from my island and trade that stuff in my own region or going on tresure hunt... and its just sad that a game with that much potential will loose a huge ammount of players if they stick with that stupid idea but im still pretty sure they will so ... whatever

Edited by Systemfehler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't fully understand it, as far as I'm aware you have to breed a child to pass on your skills or something? I am aged 93 in game I take it I go until I'm 100? Do I get reset after this or will I keep my progress? I don't want to lose everything i've worked for, put hell of alot of hours into this game just to go back to 0.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

I still don't fully understand it, as far as I'm aware you have to breed a child to pass on your skills or something? I am aged 93 in game I take it I go until I'm 100? Do I get reset after this or will I keep my progress? I don't want to lose everything i've worked for, put hell of alot of hours into this game just to go back to 0.

u will loose eveyrthing ... ur ships ur hosue ur tames all ur levels everything just gone ... isnt it the greatest idea ever? 😄 there is a quest that gets u back to 20 years but its jsut super hard ... and the age debuff u get doesnt make it easier and the breeding child thing will probably come later

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 818. Age 74.

So, 1 year on Atlas world last... 15 days ? What a wonderful world !

Come on, you can keep an aging system just with one adjustement. If a year last 365 days (amazing idea), we'll have to take care of our age after 2 years of real life...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind if they did 6 month from age 1 to age 100... that reasonable ammount of time to join company and get started.

 

 Also id would get them seeing about getting the medicine tree with the last feat cost 10 point and grant the ability to craft [Rejuvenate Brew] only at a Grill station.  It takes 20 Med herb, 20 Mythos, and 1 full water jar of Holy water ( Fountain of Youth) with no spoil timer.    Stacks 20 time only and weighs 10 pound per stack ( 0.5 pound per brew) and can only decrease age by 20 year per drink until 18 year old.... if continue to drink pass the age of 18  old then you lose your character.  As you would erase your own existence. 

 

This would solve a lot of issue with it and that large company would go in harvest the water make it and then not have to go out to island again for a while thus opening up the island for other to go in and get some as well.   and it would be company dependent as you would need both a cook and a healer for this to work  and as well as a group to harvest Mythos from the mythical creatures.  Because there is no spoil timer that mean that they wont have to hunt the Fountain as often.   Its best of both world solve everything and Is still up to their logic in game-play and balancing.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×