Adfax

Time to scrap the age mechanic before you lose most of your players..

You tried.. It is terrible and unnecessary.. Nobody wants to go looking for a random spawn on a set of islands for their entire existence, please remove this thing that only hinders the game.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 1

Agreed. I understand they want the game to be difficult, but at an point you need to sit back and think about if that's really worth it. We already have to focus in Food and water, constant weather debuffs, vitamins, and now the aging debuff. Searching for a Fountain, especially for those who dont travel is pointless.

(An example comes to mind of Final Fantasy 14, some bosses are just so difficult they've been nerfed at least 3 times to be manageable for casual players instead of just catering to the hardcore ones)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Adfax said:

You tried.. It is terrible and unnecessary.. Nobody wants to go looking for a random spawn on a set of islands for their entire existence, please remove this thing that only hinders the game.

Hate to break it to you but this company of the business version of a stripper. They will shows you all of the aewesome stuff they have that you really want, and you will pay for it.

the thing is with a stripper you are never going to play with it. Look don’t touch

3 minutes ago, Realist said:

Hate to break it to you but this company of the business version of a stripper. They will shows you all of the aewesome stuff they have that you really want, and you will pay for it.

the thing is with a stripper you are never going to play with it. Look don’t touch

Not sure how this contextually fits with the narrative of this thread.. But okay

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adfax said:

Not sure how this contextually fits with the narrative of this thread.. But okay

From what I've seen they dont own the game. Not sure if that's true, it's just what I've seen from other peoples replies to them. Apparently all they do is bash the game be it mildly (this reply) or just outright assault on the play styles and those who play it.

From what i understand the devs do not care about our feedback 😞 its like a take it or leave it kind of game. I'm guessing a lot will leave it.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be too bad if the whole wife and kid thing was implemented instead of half the mechanic.

Especially with the current design where large companies will just barricade the island for funsies.

1 hour ago, Adfax said:

you knew it will come. why the whining? you knew when you bought the game, that it will be a core element. its not polished yet. All they should do, is to spawn the fountain everywhere this time, till they figure out what will be best for all.

Edited by kyle_phoenix
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

This update just confirms the developers don't play their own game and don't know shit about it or what the players want. They've just gimped most of their player base while forcing them all to sail to some random, distant island that is full of hyper aggressive enemies who can and will 1 shot you.

If the developers want to kill the game, they're doing a good job.

• Like 5

Devs, i am over 90 years old but really dont have time to sail the seven seas in search of that fountain. By the way : Can a naked debuffed solo bowman on a ramshackle sloop obtain that fountain of youth ?

As mentioned, i am still working on my first metal pike and fight a partisan war against chinese hordes on my island. Wolves and Cobras are challenge enough for me, i have no time for your fountain !😡

Edited by Talono
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Talono said:

Devs, i am over 90 years old but really dont have time to sail the seven seas in search of that fountain. By the way : Can a naked debuffed solo bowman on a ramshackle sloop obtain that fountain of youth ?

As mentioned, i am still working on my first metal pike and fight a partisan war against chinese hordes on my island. Wolves and Cobras are challenge enough for me, i have no time for your fountain !😡

That's what I want to know,  can I do this solo or not!!  That will be a deal breaker for me

I'm sure the aging concept is something they thought sounded good when they were storyboarding, but it is awful.  I have no interest in hunting the fountain of youth, nor do I want to have a spouse and kids.  I will only play on private servers that have this turned OFF.

There are a lot of things I like about this game, but this is a big fat nope.

Edited by Vhalkyrie
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

From what i understand the devs do not care about our feedback 😞 its like a take it or leave it kind of game. I'm guessing a lot will leave it.

They mentioned a few times in the QA that they wouldnt comprimise their, “vision of the game”. If what ive seen so far is a reflection of that vision, im guess based on the reception of the majority of player - this game is doomed to fail.

its a shame, the devs im sure are working very hard on this game. If only they would be a bit more open minded with player feedback.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, McGimp said:

They mentioned a few times in the QA that they wouldnt comprimise their, “vision of the game”. If what ive seen so far is a reflection of that vision, im guess based on the reception of the majority of player - this game is doomed to fail.

its a shame, the devs im sure are working very hard on this game. If only they would be a bit more open minded with player feedback.

Well, from the makers of ark, I'd think they should be familiar with the term "adapt and survive".

• Haha 1

We came to an island with a ruin of golden age, where maybe is a fountain of youth, me and my partner both aged 93. We looked around the whole island was full of mobs. We go to land and a lion  lvl 129 aggroed, than we aggroed two fire elements, GORGONS... . No chance to reach the buildings, where maybe is the entrance to an cave full of mobs high leveled or something else... We go home will aged and I see no possibility for use to find it. We can't go over the whole map to look for the fountain. We do not have such fast ships

Maybe you can create a walking support for very old pirates 😔

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

this mechanism is madness...

in this environment can be a "fountain of youth" but just like a buff you can get once in a while !!!

aging on such a structured game is pure madness, having to move endless servers with the probability of dying and losing the ship on long trips...

I do not think this game has been proposed as hardcore survival...

I can also tolerate vitamins and climate change, but that makes it really frustrating.

I advise you to rethink this choice too extreme because in this way you have killed the game for those people who play in small companies and can not be online 24h.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Talono said:

Can a naked debuffed solo bowman on a ramshackle sloop obtain that fountain of youth ?

No, you need a group of 10 naked debuffed solo bowmen on ramshackle sloops, that's "endgame content" after all.

just sailed for 4 hours to get to the Fountain of Youth, got kicked out to another zone turned back around and constant lost connection message. finally got back in though

The feature is needed. Maybe not in its current form but EQ can not be the only deterrent from death and suicide. So many people already neglect EQ and think it is pointless. You know whats actually pointless? Death.

This patch is retarded. You should see what is going on Gold Regions. I think they want to destroy this game. They great in this

• Like 1

So do we we still permanently die after reaching age 100? Or are we just stuck with the 10% debuff on stats until activating the fountain? I' am a solo player on PvE and i don't want to lose my base/tames/materials which i have spent 220 hours on because of a permanent death at age 100.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kane said:

So do we we still permanently die after reaching age 100? Or are we just stuck with the 10% debuff on stats until activating the fountain? I' am a solo player on PvE and i don't want to lose my base/tames/materials which i have spent 220 hours on because of a permanent death at age 100.

Why would you assume you lose your base/tames/and materials? You're still in your company (solo or not) your shit will be right where you left it. If anything you'll only lose levels, worst case you re-roll and lose discoveries too.

Edited by Nari
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I hate the aging mechanic. It has nothing to do with the game. It was shoehorned into it because one of the dev's through it would be a cool feature. It does not belong in an MMO/Survival game. 
Now I have to go find the fountain of youth every 90 years or i will forever be 10% or more behind everyone else in stats...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nayrock said:

It does not belong in an MMO/Survival game. 

How do you propose you make death actually matter in a Survival game then?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Nari said:

Why would you assume you lose your base/tames/and materials? You're still in your company (solo or not) your shit will be right where you left it. If anything you'll only lose levels, worst case you re-roll and lose discoveries too.

Why wouldn't I assume that, If i'm the only one in my company and have to re-roll a new character because of a permanent death that would mean my company dies with me being I'm the only one in it? It was a totally valid question that needs an answer honestly.

EDIT * With that being said it would be nice to get clarification from a Dev about how exactly this mechanic works.

Edited by Kane