Kita Kayo

Old AF Debuff

20 minutes ago, Seren Du said:

its totally ridiculous...put the birthing update in before this!!!! at least we then have something to aim for when the fountain of youth one hit

@Jatheish

No, DON'T put the birthing update in.  As I said in another thread, I'll be damned if I'm going to go screw some fugly NPC and have a freakish baby all for the devs amusement just so my character doesn't perma-die every 4 weeks.

I don't even want to imagine what kind of total reject thinks up a game design like this.  

• Like 3

Even the Dark and Light crew listened to the community from time to time. Even the ARK devs sometimes understood that players can be very thankful if you listen to them. I can´t tell if Grapeshot is ignoring their community or they just don´t get the point.

Fixing something is about making something work that is broken, not the other way around!

Edited by Charles U Farley
  • Like 1

Lame. Birth should have been introduced first to give those uninterested in end game Golden Age Ruin content a chance to avoid the age debuff.

Not everyone wants to spend their time training up to do the end game zones.

so how about some perks of being old...like a good buff to inteligents since with age comes wisdom!! why the fuck make it all negitive? also if your going to add ageing in how about 365 game days is one year? so what your telling me is every 2 weeks i have to find a fountain of youth?

remove this shit !!!

now my tamed wolfes lvl 40 are useless with 120hp and this debuff prevents doing anything !!!

ARE YOU LOOKING TO FAIL ???

WHAT A FUCK DO YOU SMOKE ???

• Like 1

Just now, Jason Twice said:

This dev team walks into a bar. They sit down. Bartender walks up and says, "First time here eh boys."

The will answer:" nah, we are the same guys walking in here for three times now, but we gave us new names to fuck it up again, without getting blamed being idiots doing the same mistakes three times"

Guys... We live in the polar region which is the most extreme place to live and this makes it super hard to live here now. We are a small tribe and yet now we have to go find a fountain of youth? Do you guys know how long it takes to sail around and how hostile everyone is? Now at 93 years old its crazy hard to survive here. The age system could be cool but remove the debuffs and work on the reward for getting to the fountain, don't punish players for not having enough time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tangori said:

Guys... We live in the polar region which is the most extreme place to live and this makes it super hard to live here now. We are a small tribe and yet now we have to go find a fountain of youth? Do you guys know how long it takes to sail around and how hostile everyone is? Now at 93 years old its crazy hard to survive here. The age system could be cool but remove the debuffs and work on the reward for getting to the fountain, don't punish players for not having enough time.

pretty sure the optimal solution is gonna be spawn in a freeport and get a ramshackle sloop to get to the fountain

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

It's such a bad move by them to make us get major nerfs because of our age, when they didnt gave us the possibilty to get younger or to reproduce until today. Waited with that for another month and did it in the february update. Such a bad move.

I like it

1 hour ago, boomervoncannon said:

Why do I feel like many of the people who will shout that this debuff is horrible are the same people who dismiss the Equilibrium buff as worthless, when it's similar values?

I do agree that the way they are introducing it is piss poor, regardless of how big a deal or not it actually is. It does show a disconnect with the playerbase and a lack of forethought or planning.

Equilibrium buff is amazing. But lets see, that buff every so often or a perm nerf until you can get enough people around to take out a powerstone island. Hmmm, nope. Not even close to the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Xenogias said:

Equilibrium buff is amazing. But lets see, that buff every so often or a perm nerf until you can get enough people around to take out a powerstone island. Hmmm, nope. Not even close to the same thing.

I agree. We depend on the Equilibrium buff to thrive on the Tundra.  The last thing we need is an old debuff we could not prepare for.

Living on the Tundra is all about thinking ahead and preparation. If birth had been implemented, and we knew this old age debuff was coming, we would have raised a brood to pass on the line.

But now we were are debuffed without warning, probably until birth actually is implemented, since we have no interest in the end game zones.

How long until birth is implemented,  a month or more?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winter Thorne said:

No, DON'T put the birthing update in.  As I said in another thread, I'll be damned if I'm going to go screw some fugly NPC and have a freakish baby all for the devs amusement just so my character doesn't perma-die every 4 weeks.

I don't even want to imagine what kind of total reject thinks up a game design like this.  

As much as i hate that offspring idea it would be nice to have an alternative to going to some griefer-camped island and running naked through all the creatures that make an alpha wolf look like a newborn puppy for a CHANCE of finding a stupid fountain. Especially since don't know where it spawns exactly yet.

Edited by LaiTash

2 hours ago, Xenogias said:

I was referring to the buff/debuff values being comparable, and commenting with sarcasm how many people dismissed the Equilibrium buff as trivial, then turn around and decry the age debuff as horrible. With similar values it's eye rolling to decide one is trivial while the other is not. I will agree that what seems to be required to remove the old age debuff seems a bit over the top, perhaps until you remember that once breeding is implimented the easy solution will be just using dying to accelerate yourself to 100 once you hit 90 and then start over at 20. 

Btw I have the equilibrium buff on a large percentage of the time, so I wouldn't call it occasionally. Once you pump fortitude and the vitamin management skills, keeping the buff on is fairly easily done once you realize the value of prime meat and prime fish meat is they increase the bar while increasing food very very little. Combine this with the fact that once over 100, vitamin A and C foods increase the food meter almost not at all, and it becomes fairly routine to have the buff far more often than not.

Edited by boomervoncannon

3 hours ago, Jason Twice said:

RIGHT! Now the ONLY thing will do in game is sail around ALL FREAKING day BORING AF looking for the right island! Excellent devs!!

I posted about the game getting boring. And I was literally slammed. Now they do this when as everyone has said most of our characters are 90+ and those not in mega companies have no way of fighting through the nerf to actually get to the fountain of youth. Just sad. 

This age idea seems neat but, like most toys, it's just for show. In the end it's a lame gimmick. Yawn. I'm not impressed.

Edited by Muffinman

16 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

I was referring to the buff/debuff values being comparable, and commenting with sarcasm how many people dismissed the Equilibrium buff as trivial, then turn around and decry the age debuff as horrible.

It's not that it's trivial, it's that you gain the buff and go out to collect something and an alpha lion jumps on you. People don't bother with equilibrium because of how easy it is to loose one. The old age debuff however is quite difficult to "loose", it just stays with you and don't just disappear when you die.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LaiTash said:

It's not that it's trivial, it's that you gain the buff and go out to collect something and an alpha lion jumps on you. People don't bother with equilibrium because of how easy it is to loose one. The old age debuff however is quite difficult to "loose", it just stays with you and don't just disappear when you die.

okay, but per the method I described above, it's also pretty trivial for me to get it back...

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

okay, but per the method I described above, it's also pretty trivial for me to get it back...

Well your island probably doesn't have wolf packs with lion friends and at least one alpha everywhere. I'm not even saying about pvp when you kill-die-respawn-kill-die-respawn-kill-die-respawn and good luck maintaining that vitamin buff.

4 hours ago, Evir said:

It could have been worse, they could have just said "you die when you reach 100 and must reroll your character"

shhhhhh that if they read it they make a hotfix and take your idea for good :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Why do I feel like many of the people who will shout that this debuff is horrible are the same people who dismiss the Equilibrium buff as worthless, when it's similar values?

^ This. EQ clearly wasn't enough to keep people from offing themselves. Most think it is pointless anyway. They clearly don't pay attention.

30 minutes ago, LaiTash said:

Well your island probably doesn't have wolf packs with lion friends and at least one alpha everywhere. I'm not even saying about pvp when you kill-die-respawn-kill-die-respawn-kill-die-respawn and good luck maintaining that vitamin buff.

Mine does and I maintain uptime on EQ roughly 80% of the time

Edit: If you ask me they need to revert back to the 1 hour timer for EQ (instead of 30min) eventually. 

Edited by Nari
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, arzosah said:

I'm curious how I aged 73 years in 800 days, based on the server days.

Well, Atlas and it's sun are actually circling a black hole. time dilation and all that.