Kita Kayo

Old AF Debuff

1 minute ago, Jason Twice said:

RIGHT! Now the ONLY thing will do in game is sail around ALL FREAKING day BORING AF looking for the right island! Excellent devs!!

Uhhh not to mention that in PvP the fountain is going to be camped by griefers 24/7. 

• Like 2

So, let me get this straight ..... I create my character and start playing the game. Character is 20 years old. Cool!

Character ages up to 90 in under 4 weeks of real time.

Devs: "Go complete end game content on a golden age island to set your character back to 20 years old!"

Me: "I've not even visited a golden age island yet - I've only been playing this game for 4 weeks!"

Also devs: "Have an age debuff that makes the game tougher while we're at it!"

I understand game design encouraging you to go complete content, but why do I feel like I am being punished for not playing the game enough to be completing endgame inside 4 weeks?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stormknight said:

I understand game design encouraging you to go complete content, but why do I feel like I am being punished for not playing the game enough to be completing endgame inside 4 weeks?

Because you pretty much are...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormknight said:

So, let me get this straight ..... I create my character and start playing the game. Character is 20 years old. Cool!

Devs: "Go complete end game content on a golden age island to set your character back to 20 years old!"

Me: "I've not even visited a golden age island yet - I've only been playing this game for 4 weeks!"

Holy fuck! Stay out of my head! :classic_tongue:

and here goes wildcards next idea to make the game suck even more. Wow, i really thought they want to make it better with the updates. Guess i was wrong about that 😞

Do you want us all to go back to ARK? Grapecard Wildshot

Take a trip to golden age. Take idk 10 ppl with you all geared.....Get totally wrecked! Figure out its better to just roll naked with the only effective wep combo in the game, yep bow/fire arrow. Die over n over and over and over. Maybe get to boss, probably not. Not sure fountain location but it'll be about impossible without zerg.

Age debuff and vitamins, both ideas are completely absurd.
So, do we just calculate how long it'll take us to age to 100 or whatever the age is to reset, and not play until then so we can play without the debuff?

• Like 1

its totally ridiculous...put the birthing update in before this!!!! at least we then have something to aim for when the fountain of youth one hits.

i would love the devs to actually comment as to why they think this is a good idea, why is this so fun and engaging?

@Jatheish

• Like 2

be prepared for the nude zerg on a golden ruin near you, cover yer eyes -.- 

And well yeah reset people age to 20 for the love of god, the -20% regen is gonna kill me even faster then a alpha monkey chasing me 😛

Seriously people, we've been begging them since day one to fix alphas and fix aggros because we repeatedly get our asses kicked by them.  Now that they've added in an even better chance of getting your ass kicked do you really think they're going to listen to you?

This dev team is driving this cart with blinders on and can't even see the cliff ahead of them.

Watch the dev stream.  It was 15 minutes of them dismissing player complaints and an hour-and-a-half discussing how they were going to seriously fuck everyone over.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormknight said:

I agree, i must of missed it in the notes, so i take back what i said in other threads. Implementing a debuff like this when the majority of people are 80+ years, layer on top things aren't really balanced yet in terms of creatures, weps, armor, etc, to have us further be gimped against the environment is not a smart move. 

If i'm being brutally honest? I don't see the point in the debuff, I don't see what it adds to the game, it's just another arbitrary thing to worry about, dying is one thing, but saying i will be debuffed till then is like, why? Maybe down the road it will make sense, but right no it's a pointless addition 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, UDO said:

wtf is this shit , they drop this on us when most are 92 + and then we need to go to ruins and fioght 😞

67 food , 90 health , 144 stamina , 92 water , 30 fort , what am i meant to do now ? 

freeze to death every 2 mins 

Unfortunately a lot of the elderly actually die in real life due to hypothermia. It’s a shame but they are a lot weaker than they used to be.

but yes the age system sucks

• Like 1

Well, I have been on the fence already if I should continue to play or not with every bad change they made over the recent days, making the game more and more tedious and grindy. This latest change finally did it, well done Devs, does actually anyone in your team have a clue about game design ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Seriously people, we've been begging them since day one to fix alphas and fix aggros because we repeatedly get our asses kicked by them.  Now that they've added in an even better chance of getting your ass kicked do you really think they're going to listen to you?

This dev team is driving this cart with blinders on and can't even see the cliff ahead of them.

Watch the dev stream.  It was 15 minutes of them dismissing player complaints and an hour-and-a-half discussing how they were going to seriously fuck everyone over.

I agree!

honestly im starting to feel like im part of a social experiment to see who rages quits the game last...

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Seren Du said:

its totally ridiculous...put the birthing update in before this!!!! at least we then have something to aim for when the fountain of youth one hits.

i would love the devs to actually comment as to why they think this is a good idea, why is this so fun and engaging?

@Jatheish

It's pure economics: chase everybody to unofficial servers as fast as possible

• Like 1

that's the most fucking dumbest shit i've ever seen, at least give us a potion for now to give us time to find it . even then it's just dumb mechanic now you get the fucking Chinese zerg camping the fountain of total shit . 

whoever came up with that idea needs to be slapped like a bitch , slap with an old smelly trout... 

Edited by TwistedEndz
  • Like 2

Well, if Unofficial servers can do away with this bloody stupid ageing system I will never EVER darken the doors of Officials again.  A more inept bunch of Devs I have never seen in my 20 years of online gaming.

• Like 1

idk if you die at 100 maybe you just keep the debuff, or someone have reliable information about it?

i usually like the patch notes only when considering to not play the game, they are making good and steady progress.

but the game is live and its horrible when playing it while they are still so early in development that it breaks every day which is a bit tedious even for early acess.

for some reason i have a gut feeling that the fountain of youth will have a cooldown of several hours after someone used it. so get in line if you think no one will block others from getting to the fountain anyway. its a single location where anyone has to go every few weeks... okay...

its probably gets better if all players are young again and breeding with those hideous babies gets implemented. Atleast if you can put a paper bag on them so you can stand letting them live.

• Haha 1