INVALID

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

NoSQL Redis database huh? Can't wait to get my hands on that. Wonder if I can do some fancy server clustering with Docker and Kubernetes.

I'm sure it'll work great with scaling in Azure or AWS, but I need to test this.

Thanks for the release, going to dive into this as soon as I get off work!

Edited by TGibsonn

4 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah 4 servers is 2x2 no way you are running a 4x4

You misunderstood what I meant I think. The official servers seem to use multiple dedicated machines, each running 4 servers each (for a total of 64 dedicated machines, assuming i am right). We do not know the specs that these dedicated machines have, but given the fact that official servers have to host 150 people per server, my guess would be a processor with less cores and higher clock speeds (think instead of running a many core server processor, they're running like an i7 8700k or something). I want to host an ATLAS that is 4x4 with 25 players per server not 150. This is where more cores would be better I believe than higher clock frequency.

Edited by Kaliya

5 hours ago, CaptBlackSparrow said:

I love the things you are saying here. I need to research this more, any starting points you recommend that you found useful?

I mean, it really depends. I doubt too many people have a 42U server rack at home. I run a bunch of Dell R610s, with a dedicated storage array. If you're interested in virtualization, ProxMox is a good, free solution. Other than that, a VM is generally handled the same as a physical server, its just... not physical. You have to be aware of how many resources you're allocating from the physical host, and know your oversubscription limits. But all of what I'm I'm saying is basic server engineering stuff, so looking into infrastructure architecture could help. 

31 minutes ago, Kaliya said:

You misunderstood what I meant I think. The official servers seem to use multiple dedicated machines, each running 4 servers each (for a total of 64 dedicated machines, assuming i am right). We do not know the specs that these dedicated machines have, but given the fact that official servers have to host 150 people per server, my guess would be a processor with less cores and higher clock speeds (think instead of running a many core server processor, they're running like an i7 8700k or something). I want to host an ATLAS that is 4x4 with 25 players per server not 150. This is where more cores would be better I believe than higher clock frequency.

Don't focus to much on CPU performance. We have a 6 year old i7 3930 (3,2GHz) and runs everything we throw at it without breaking a sweat. Focus on 1) your inet speed, anything below an actual 500Mbps upload will get you into trouble for what you want to do. Lag and rubberbanding guaranteed.  2) RAM, all the RAM, all of it, everything single slot filled!! These 150 slot severs will have 128GB at the very least! And you will need to look at PVE (proxmox or such) otherwise you are going to need 16 (as you want 4x4) single dedicated servers!

3 minutes ago, kreliz said:

Don't focus to much on CPU performance. We have a 6 year old i7 3930 (3,2GHz) and runs everything we throw at it without breaking a sweat. Focus on 1) your inet speed, anything below an actual 500Mbps upload will get you into trouble for what you want to do. Lag and rubberbanding guaranteed.  2) RAM, all the RAM, all of it, everything single slot filled!! These 150 slot severs will have 128GB at the very least! And you will need to look at PVE (proxmox or such) otherwise you are going to need 16 (as you want 4x4) single dedicated servers!

I have a few decent servers running co-located at an actual datacenter :P, I am not worried about upload/download. Just worried about how I need to distribute the load across them. 

7 minutes ago, Kaliya said:

Just worried about how I need to distribute the load across them. 

Have a look at proxmox. And contact your datacenter and explain what it is you want to do. You will have several nodes in this case and proxmox needs something like less than 2ms response time between them in order to balance them all. So where the individual servers are located at the datacenter and how they are routed will be of great importance. 

Edited by kreliz

8 hours ago, Yasuno said:

I managed to get passed that error and it finished loading all the way. But I don't see my server in the unofficial server list.

I love when people post they got past an issue but DON'T provide information as to how they did it, so the rest of us might benefit...  Sheesh

1 minute ago, JodianGaming said:

I love when people post they got past an issue but DON'T provide information as to how they did it, so the rest of us might benefit...  Sheesh

Chill out dude! There are many different ways issues have been caused.. you can check over this thread or you can ask here https://discord.gg/MeNdbBU

3 minutes ago, Veruse said:

Chill out dude! There are many different ways issues have been caused.. you can check over this thread or you can ask here https://discord.gg/MeNdbBU

Actually I am pretty chill... I've been working tirelessly in the Bug Reporting area to sort out the "Connection Timeout" issue.

My next step is to try a local dedicated connection, but I can't get the dedicated server started.  Have 3 Ark servers running on the same machine so I'm assuming it won't start due to a config issue or something.

Edited by JodianGaming

1 minute ago, JodianGaming said:

Actually I am pretty chill... I've been working tirelessly in the Bug Reporting area to sort out the "Connection Timeout" issue.

Listen I can be kind... if you want help I have given you options.. All I have done today is be in this thread helping out.

1 minute ago, Veruse said:

Listen I can be kind... if you want help I have given you options.. All I have done today is be in this thread helping out.

As I've been doing in the other thread... Look, we're probably both frustrated, but we're on the same side here.

Checking out the discord link.

2 hours ago, TGibsonn said:

NoSQL Redis database huh? Can't wait to get my hands on that. Wonder if I can do some fancy server clustering with Docker and Kubernetes.

I'm sure it'll work great with scaling in Azure or AWS, but I need to test this.

Thanks for the release, going to dive into this as soon as I get off work!

Should be easy in kube looking at the configs and work done by veruse I'd say kubernetes + docker is the only way to have that up without getting crazy managing nodes all day ^^

• Like 1

I hope they don't forget to update the link here to the latest version that's about to release.

Hi,

Not sure who can help but I'm trying to get Atlas servers working on Linux.

First error:

./ShooterGameServer: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Fixed by installing libcurl3 (Ubuntu 16), this won't work Ubuntu 18 because it uses libcurl4. Installing libcurl3 uninstalls loads of programs including curl.

New error:

Using binned.
4.5.1-0+UE4 7038 3077 408 10
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux64/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (3004) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux64/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (3004) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux64/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (3155) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
Signal 11 caught.
EngineCrashHandler: Signal=11
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Now that one I'm not sure how to fix.

4 hours ago, Cain said:

Awesome, downloading. I'll mirror it across the US and UK shortly once it's finished.

Downloading to a server in NY with a 10Gbps connection i'll leave it seeding.

4 hours ago, shiawasenanami said:

i can't run it   T_T Help me Pls~   i want how to...  thank so much

Capture.PNG

To fix this, create a ship path in the editor and name it GhostShip.

Fill in the blueprint name as well as the following: Blueprint'/Game/Atlas/ShipPaths/PathFollowingGhostShip_BP.PathFollowingGhostShip_BP'

Or completely remove the shipping paths for now altogether, it's because they are outside of the 2x2 map if you used that template. But yeah, redoing them will fix it too.

I ended up watching that guys twitch posted earlier in the topic and watched him for like 3 hours before he and all of us viewers got through it together. Go to his channel, click videos tab and watch the VOD of his previous session if it is available. He might still be streaming not sure. There are a lot of steps to get it working tbh bc the default example is not really the best thing to go off of.

My question:

Is the player data stored in the ocean.atlas file, or is it stored in this redis db. It is not clear where it is stored at all really.

Please make it so you can run using local IP for local only connections. Appears to require steam query in order to login.

HI 🙂

is this a Full startup ? Server not Show in Serverlist

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 834910
[2018.12.24-20.50.03:299][  0]LogMemory: Platform Memory Stats for WindowsServer
[2018.12.24-20.50.03:299][  0]LogMemory: Process Physical Memory: 59.63 MB used, 59.64 MB peak
[2018.12.24-20.50.03:300][  0]LogMemory: Process Virtual Memory: 50.24 MB used, 50.37 MB peak
[2018.12.24-20.50.03:300][  0]LogMemory: Physical Memory: 3197.61 MB used, 32470.18 MB total
[2018.12.24-20.50.03:300][  0]LogMemory: Virtual Memory: 4427.19 MB used, 134217728.00 MB total
[2018.12.24-20.50.03:599][  0]ATLAS Version: 5.9 (Rev. 105897)
[2018.12.24-20.50.03:599][  0]PID: 7228
[2018.12.24-20.50.24:152][  0]Primal Game Data Took 20.49 seconds
[2018.12.24-20.50.25:084][  0]SteamSocketsOpenSource: gethostname failed ()
[2018.12.24-20.50.25:084][  0]gethostbyname failed ()
[2018.12.24-20.50.25:095][  0]Commandline:
[2018.12.24-20.50.25:095][  0]Full Startup: 23.18 seconds (BP compile: 0.00 seconds)
[2018.12.24-20.50.25:095][  0]Number of cores 4

thanks