INVALID

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

33 minutes ago, boss_man said:

ok figured out how to change the name of the server, I just cant see my server for some reason

Where did you change the name in the end? 

C:\Users\j\Desktop\New folder\ShooterGame\Saved\B1\Config\WindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini

ok so I got my game to show up in steam server browser under lan, any ideas ?

5 hours ago, Kaliya said:

Could we get an estimate on what sorta server specs we are looking at needing to host a decent amount of grid spaces? I have a decent server laying around with:

Dual Xeon E5-2670 (2.66GHz / 3.3GHz Turbo / 16 Cores / 32 threads)

128GB DDR3 RAM

Would it be possible to host a 4x4 grid on that for say 25 players per grid square? I noticed in the example ServerGrid.json it looks like the official server host 4 servers per machine at 150 users each, could we perhaps get to know what specs those machines are running?

Yeah 4 servers is 2x2 no way you are running a 4x4

4 hours ago, Pulz said:

This beckons another question. If we are indeed limited by grids per server, are we expected to/can we link grids together with other servers? How is this expected to work? Or will all the 'unofficial' servers by tiny 1x1 grids each?

Yeah for the most part people will only be getting 1x1. You need serious hardware to run a grid

Got everything setup and working. I'll try and help as best I can if people have any questions. Server name is tied to the server info you can access by control clicking a square in the grid editor(most of what you do goes through the editor)

I used a quick custom map for mine but by the looks of it one of the Ship lanes is out of bounds aka outside the map.

Just now, xverion said:

I used a quick custom map for mine but by the looks of it one of the Ship lanes is out of bounds aka outside the map.

ok ill have a look thx

Anyone managed to get thir server publicly visible in the browser? If so could you confirm the exact ports forwarded and any other things you needed to do? 

i''ve a 1x1 grid which appears to launch fine with no errors using port: 57555 & gameport: 5755. Both are port forwarded correctly. 

Is there something else that needs to be done? 

Edited by Shadowsong

10 minutes ago, Shadowsong said:

Anyone managed to get thir server publicly visible in the browser? If so could you confirm the exact ports forwarded and any other things you needed to do? 

i''ve a 1x1 grid which appears to launch fine with no errors using port: 57555 & gameport: 5755. Both are port forwarded correctly. 

Is there something else that needs to be done? 

Same issue I cant even see the server as online with steam it... all ports are open.

3 hours ago, xverion said:

Got everything setup and working. I'll try and help as best I can if people have any questions. Server name is tied to the server info you can access by control clicking a square in the grid editor(most of what you do goes through the editor)

I only end up with 2 files from the map editor, missing the servergrid.serveronly file. Also, not sure what I should be doing in the Map editor anyway other than unchecking the show ship paths option. 

20 minutes ago, Veruse said:

Same issue I cant even see the server as online with steam it... all ports are open.

Tried everything i can think of, no clue what's going on. Will just have to wait until they decide to provide some actual comprehensive information on the setup.

Let me know if you end up getting it working in the meantime!

Edited by Shadowsong

Thank you so much!  We will do what we can to help each other out!  This is a fantastic Christmas gift!

2 minutes ago, Shadowsong said:

Tried everything i can think of, no clue what's going on. Will just have to wait until they decide to provide some actual comprehensive information on the setup.

Alright so the small map is broken and you need to use the big one... and the server takes about 5 mins to fully start

1 minute ago, Shadowsong said:

I have the same problem....

But to be honest.. i think they threw some sh*t online to keep our mouth shut for a while...

1 minute ago, Inuiet said:

I have the same problem....

But to be honest.. i think they threw some sh*t online to keep our mouth shut for a while...

Hey, read what I posted and they said this is for the more savvy people 🙂

• Thanks 1

How would i set the admin password ect all i see in my config is this

image.thumb.png.59a12316c452ad09b979c3301efe5eb9.png

7 minutes ago, Veruse said:

Hey, read what I posted and they said this is for the more savvy people 🙂

Could be, but if you have it running. Than you know what you are talking about.

So share some screenshots and write it down for all of us.

Just now, Inuiet said:

Could be, but if you have it running. Than you know what you are talking about.

So share some screenshots and write it down for all of us.

I sort of have it running I currently keep getting timed out. Looking into fixing it know then I will make a video tutorial for you all 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Veruse said:

I sort of have it running I currently keep getting timed out. Looking into fixing it know then I will make a video tutorial for you all 🙂

That's nice because we all want the same 🙂

• Like 1