INVALID

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

Anyone know what you should set for '"DatabaseConnections": null' ? I'm guessing I have to put the localhost IP (if all servers are on the same machine)?

All I get is "Failed To to load or parse entries from ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json", yet the file is there and hopefully configured fine. I fear that something has been missed in the Wiki's explanation.

Edited by Ixel
  • Like 1

Apparently I can't edit my previous post so I'll have to make a new one.

I've got around the above issue, however I have a new problem.

OJcF9gz.png

Fatal error!

VERSION: 5.9Ā 
ShooterGameServer.exe!AShipPathManager::BeginPlay() (0x00007ff6c0a08a19) + 40 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shippathmanager.cpp:78]
ShooterGameServer.exe!ULevel::RouteActorInitialize() (0x00007ff6c1a39556) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\level.cpp:1981]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UWorld::InitializeActorsForPlay() (0x00007ff6c1bc1e00) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\world.cpp:3402]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UEngine::LoadMap() (0x00007ff6c1b8ef8d) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:10364]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UEngine::Browse() (0x00007ff6c1b7854b) + 43 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\unrealengine.cpp:8896]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterGameInstance::CheckConnectString() (0x00007ff6c0a6fd49) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:2904]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterGameInstance::StartGameInstance() (0x00007ff6c0a7c8ea) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shootergameinstance.cpp:335]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UGameEngine::Init() (0x00007ff6c19cd6b6) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\engine\private\gameengine.cpp:735]
ShooterGameServer.exe!UShooterEngine::Init() (0x00007ff6c0a68aef) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\projects\shootergame\source\shootergame\private\shooterengine.cpp:396]
ShooterGameServer.exe!FEngineLoop::Init() (0x00007ff6c05f71bc) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2109]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMain() (0x00007ff6c05f6cb2) + 12 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:128]
ShooterGameServer.exe!GuardedMainWrapper() (0x00007ff6c05f6dba) + 5 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
ShooterGameServer.exe!WinMain() (0x00007ff6c05fc7fa) + 17 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:209]
ShooterGameServer.exe!__tmainCRTStartup() (0x00007ff6c289392d) + 21 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffea68c8364) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffea91fe851) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffea91fe851) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

:skull:

8 minutes ago, FritandoOvo said:

:skull:

Regarding that error, I think I got round that by deleting the shipping path (in the small grid example file) that was outside of the four maps. The other error I had was simply due to me forgetting to change one of the passwords for redis. All four servers are now online for me, except every time I join I keep getting asked to install Battleye even though it's installed.

Ā 

Tell me please. Where should these files be located? and where to get them?
Ā 

• ServerGrid.json
  • ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json
  • ServerGrid/*.jpg (Map images for display)
  • Like 1

I got this error while starting server, someone can give readyforuse config or not?
Ā 808bc958b8.png

14 minutes ago, Ixel said:

Regarding that error, I think I got round that by deleting the shipping path (in the small grid example file) that was outside of the four maps. The other error I had was simply due to me forgetting to change one of the passwords for redis. All four servers are now online for me, except every time I join I keep getting asked to install Battleye even though it's installed.

How did you delete the shipping path on the small map ? I cant find a actualĀ  shipping path.

Where do you set the password for redis ?

5 minutes ago, Ravenswarm said:

Yay it's working! Now to figure out how to switch the Battle Eye off...

What ports did you need to open to get it working?Ā I see port, gameport and seemless dataport in the config. Did you need to open all of them to the internet?Ā 

I opened port and gameport to the internet. Set the router to do port forwarding on those 2 only. I made a .bat file to run the exe with the parameters. Remember to set the port numbers the same there as in your config.

Ā 

Edited by Ravenswarm

1 minute ago, Ravenswarm said:

I opened port and gameport to the internet. Set the router to do port forwarding on those 2 only. I made a .bat file to run the exe with the parameters. Remember to set the port numbers the same there as in your config.

Ā 

Thought that maybe the case, cheers

53 minutes ago, Ixel said:

Apparently I can't edit my previous post so I'll have to make a new one.

I've got around the above issue, however I have a new problem.

OJcF9gz.png

Might I ask how you got past the redis error?

Ok so what I did after running RedisĀ was...

Opened the grid editor and opened the large example map. I then went to Project>Edit and edited the details there. After that I exported the map image as well as the "local export" which gave my the files I needed to put in the ShooterGame folder. I then edited the ServerGrid.json and changed the server name, ip and the ports. After that I created a .bat file to launch the game and put the same ip (my internet ip, not local) and the port numbers in there. Running the .bat file starts the server.

4 minutes ago, Ravenswarm said:

Ok so what I did after running RedisĀ was...

Opened the grid editor and oļ»æpened the large example map. I then went tļ»æo Projecļ»æt>Edit and edited the details there. After that I exported the map image as well as the "local export" which gave my the files I needed to put in the ShooterGame folder. I then edited the ServerGrid.json and changed the server name, ip and the ports. After that I created a .bat file to launch the game and put the same ip (my internet ip, not local) and the port numbers in there. Running the .bat file starts the server.

Where is the Grid Editor?

6 hours ago, Morgrhim said:

You can run more than one 1x1 on a VM or physical server given the proper resources. Nothing stops you from running more than one instance of the server. You can link multiple VMs/Servers together, as they require a redis database, and you can host that on its own separate server/vm. Then each Atlas instance uses that redis server for its dbs.

I love the things you are saying here. I need to research this more, any starting points you recommend that you found useful?

Do i need to edit this info here?

Ā 

%MapName%%GridLocation%?AltSaveDirectoryName=%AltSaveDir%?MaxPlayers=200?ReservedPlayerSlots=50?QueryPort=%QUERYPORT%?Port=%PORT%?SeamlessIP=%MACHINEIP%?MapPlayerLocation=true%AdditionalMapArguements% -log -server -culture=en -NoCrashDialog -NoBattlEye

Ā 

IS there an exmaple of how it shud look not sure wat to put in by the MapName and GridLocation etc

I'm guessing you would need a Redi for each server you wanted to run. So I would have two separate folders (one for the redi and one for the actual game files, correct? (Example; RediRootFolder/RediServer1 & RediServer2 so on.., THEN ServerRootFolder/AtlasServer1 & AtlasServer2 and so on...)

Managed to get the server loaded up and working without errors, the server never appeared in the game list, opened up ports req , still nothing..

So giving up until additional setup info is available or rental options get better for my location.

There are two examples in the MapĀ Editor, the small and large. I heard someone say they used the large and then someone say they used the small, so which one to use? Also, what edits did you make or settings did you change (uncheck)? I'm assuming you uncheck "Show Ship Paths", but anything else to change before exporting?