INVALID

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

2 minutes ago, Veruse said:

I would never recommend running gameservers on vms.. unless it was for testing or temporary. Especially now that dedis come cheap af now.

There is a difference between a VM and a VPS. I'm running multiple Dell servers in a rack that use Proxmox for virtualization. I use VMs for everything. There is literally no reason not to as long as you know what you're doing. When I talk about VMs, it's because I'm using my own hardware, not renting a dedi from another host.

I'd also be willing to bet that if the devs were inclined to share, you'd find that a 1x1 "server" for their grid... is a VM.

Edited by Morgrhim

Just now, Morgrhim said:

There is a difference between a VM and a VPS. I'm running multiple Dell servers in a rack that use Proxmox for virtualization. I use VMs for everything. There is literally no reason not to as long as you know what you're doing. When I talk about VMs, it's because I'm using my own hardware, not renting a dedi from another host.

My mistake sorry.. Im just used to seeing people trying to runs ARK servers on OVH SSH VPSs...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, T3RMINA1 said:

thanks JATHEISH much appreciated, just setting a server up now, any idea when some more information will be available on the JSON file for more config, or how to change harvesting rates, XP that sort of thing?

Edit your GameUserSettings.ini the settings are in that file actually.

1 minute ago, boss_man said:

this doesn't clearly explain how to use it,  what do you do with redis and is it required to launch the dedi ? any help would be appreciated, thanks

You just launch the built in redis server included in the folders (if you are on Windows) and the game server connects to it. 

NVM, I was able to generate the ServerGrid.ServerOnly.json file via the ServerGridEditor tool.

i cant seem to get the redis server working?

F:\Atlas\AtlasTools\RedisDatabase>redis-server.exe redis.conf
[3788] 24 Dec 20:40:00.832 # Creating Server TCP listening socket *:6379: listen
: Unknown error

any ideas?

Yeah I got it to finally load the game data and connect out to steam sockets, but then that error popped up for me to after it loaded everything. Looks like some hard coded values in here or something?

image.png.54f5b45780c97f6517d175f5ea759298.png

Edited by Yasuno

I managed to get passed that error and it finished loading all the way. But I don't see my server in the unofficial server list.

Well, now i know what im doing with my other 4 Server blades. Ive got 4 HP proliant 390p Gen 8s, each with 32 cores and 364gb ECC DDR3 Ram and about 6TB storage for each. Ill just slap a 1 TB SSD for server.exe's and i use HDD for raid backup/saves.

I Will be trying to hit at least 50grids lol

5 minutes ago, Yasuno said:

Me las arreglé para pasar ese error y terminó de cargar todo el camino. Pero no veo mi servidor en la lista de servidores no oficiales.

How did you solve it? could you please provide it?

Got Redis going, exported files from the Island Editor and started the server. Seems to be running but not seeing it in the server list. Any ideas what the grid location needs to be set to? Default ok?

Linux server?

Also why isn't there the possibility to set neighbours of unused servers to sleep? This would highly reduce the price of hosting own servers with a lot of space?!

Edited by [S]TRIKER

10 minutes ago, Inuiet said:

Open ServerGrid.json with notepad++ and edit.

@YASUNO

I can't seem to even set the Server Name, no clue where it is reading it from.