INVALID

Unofficial Dedicated Server Info!

Just now, Firedragon said:

I would say, RTFM > first post. It makes no sense to repeat it.

Yes I read first post..

why when I click to install the dedicated server it opens up steams store homepage but doesn't install or even show anything Atlas related? I've tried also searching the steam store manually and can't find it

8 minutes ago, Hyper said:

why when I click to install the dedicated server it opens up steams store homepage but doesn't install or even show anything Atlas related? I've tried also searching the steam store manually and can't find it

It's not published via the Steam app (at least not that I know of), but rather their development platform called SteamCMD. https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/SteamCMD

I'd recommend using a guide as it's rather difficult setting up a server.
This is a pretty good one: https://www.drac346.net/2018/12/how-atlas-works.html

Mates! I need Help, i maked local server, but i cant find it in game. All ports i was opened (((

3 hours ago, Ben Gunn said:

Mates! I need Help, i maked local server, but i cant find it in game. All ports i was opened (((

Most likely because your loop back doesn't work, install microsoft loopback and change ipv4 to your internet ip. Restart server / game and try again.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2019 at 5:49 AM, Newfiedog95 said:

Hey guys I made a few videos on how to install the Atlas servers check them out they should help and can be easier then a written guide for some people 

Atlas Server Installation Guide: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0TwOxC8-YOivCyubY0mhOQIr8ErGh4WP

Hy,

Thank you for your Video and the hard work....

With your Video, i get my Server runing. Grid 4 x 4 with Questline!

There is just one thing that doesn´t work for me...:

The Serverport in the GirdEditer and batch files should have differnts between... minimum 4 Ports

Sample:

Gird 0-0 Port 57561 Gameport 5761

Grid 0-1 Port 57565 Gameport 5765

Without that, i got kickt from the Server, traveling to a other grid...

MisterY

(sorry, for my english - iam from austria)

@MisterY hi . Du brauchst keine 4 Ports zwischen den einzelnen grids platz zu lassen. Ich habe auch bei meinem 57561 beim nächsten  57562 , 57563 ... bis 57569 und ich komm in alle grids, ohne Probleme,  mit meinen Schiffen 

Gruß 

Has anyone else got issue with travelling to another tile (server)? I have a Freeport server which is fine everyone spawns in that location. And max level is 8 which again is fine. Trouble is people are able to claim land which isn’t right. And the moment you sail over to another server which is not set as a home server the game just times out and then you can’t spawn in that region (using bed on raft). Has anyone got a fix with connecting to the other tiles (servers). I’m using redis and all servers are on etc. All ports correctly forwarded. Also the redis database do I need to forward the default port for it? And does anyone know how to install it? All videos I’ve seen nobody covers the install. So summary of my problem. People can claim land in the Freeport (homeserver) and you can’t travel to another tile the game just times out then you can’t spawn at your bed because the raft with the bed on it is lost on the other server which can’t be spawned in. Only way I know is to enable homeserver option in the grid manager, if I do this tho it makes the tile a Freeport which I don’t want. Thanks in advance if anyone knows how to fix this 

Has nobody else have this issue??? Creating a Homeserver (Freeport) so you can spawn then when you travel to another server (not Freeport) and log out you can't join back in?

Are you using a domain name as your IP? I had this problem, and what seemed to be the cause was that I was using a domain name instead of the actual IP

On 1/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, Firedragon said:

Rules to set spawning properly:

• You have to use island known as freeports
  • Zones with freeports have to be home servers
  • You have to add spawn regions in servergrideditor
  • You have to change spawnPointRegionOverride for home server (first island in zone = 0, second = 1, and so on...)

Without properly setting it up, it will be 0,0 !!!

I cannot seem to be able to get my spawn points to work (wich were working perfectly on the 1x1) The spawn points are on 0,1 0,2 and 0,3 and one ok 3,2 but that map is not up yet. I picked the freeport island (ending with an e) End gave them a spawn override wich matches north, east, south and west.
But it spawns me on 0,0 one some PVE island.... 

If you didn't set up properly Spawnpoints, it jumps back to the default 0,0 to allow spawning.

Freeports end with an _E, not _EE - very important.

Known Freeports: Cay_H_WR_E / Cay_K_TR_E / Cay_J_EE_E / Mnt_A_WU_E / Mnt_F_ET_E / Mnt_J_WT_E / Mnt_L_CH_E / Mnt_O_CL

1.png

To set the first Spawn in here to 0 makes it the first one in the list for the Zone of the Island.

2.png

To set the first Spawn in here to 1 makes it the second in the list for the Zone of the Island.

To make it work for the Zone you have to define it correctly.

3.png

You have to add a proper name and the "Parent Cell" (Zone) where it is.

In my sample i have it in 0,0 (A1), if your Home Server is somewhere else, you have to add it accordingly to it.

ex. 0,1 for A2 or 1,0 for B1 and so on.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:33 PM, MisterY said:

The Serverport in the GirdEditer and batch files should have differnts between... minimum 4 Ports

Server port do NOT have to be 4 apart.

The requirement is 1 ONE port seperation.

Gird 0-0 Port 57561 Gameport 5761

Grid 0-1 Port 57563 Gameport 5763

Can anyone point me to any documentation or videos which explain what I can and what I must NOT change in my map after its been used by players?

For example, can I now add any new islands? Can I add more trade ship routes? I don't plan to remove any existing islands, just mainly want to add a few more but I dont want to risk busting my DB.

Edited by PitMonk
spelling!

Hello. About Server requirements. I tested on my Dedicated Server i7-7700K, 64 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD, 250 mb/s up-down port. Grid are 2x2. Here are result:

Untitled.thumb.png.2f17c13a05e8e25372aa4b5d57297ee7.png

So i think CPU requirements is around 2.6-3.2GHz it's normally. But for big grid map, i recomended Xeon CPU with many cores (as you know Atlas server need 2 cores per server), like 

CPU:  Intel  Xeon E5-1650v3 - 6/12t - 3.5GHz /3.8GHz
RAM:  128GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz 

Around €90-€95

This configuration can host 6*6 grid server and be cheap than my i7-7700K (€115-€120)

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, Sadsnow said:

Has nobody else have this issue??? Creating a Homeserver (Freeport) so you can spawn then when you travel to another server (not Freeport) and log out you can't join back in?

I have a 2x2 server set up. I logged out one another region/server and when I tried it says "Host connection lost" 3rd time was the charm for me..  I was able to log in that region.. All I can say is keep trying to login mine eventually logged me in after 3 tries.

On 1/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, odies said:

Hello. About Server requirements. I tested on my Dedicated Server i7-7700K, 64 GB RAM, 480 GB SSD, 250 mb/s up-down port. Grid are 2x2. Here are result:

Untitled.thumb.png.2f17c13a05e8e25372aa4b5d57297ee7.png

So i think CPU requirements is around 2.6-3.2GHz it's normally. But for big grid map, i recomended Xeon CPU with many cores (as you know Atlas server need 2 cores per server), like 

This configuration can host 6*6 grid server and be cheap than my i7-7700K (€115-€120)

You are running 2x2 servers and is only consuming 9 GB of RAM? WTF

I am running 2x2 servers and its consuming almost 20 GB of RAM. 

105518fa4eae7d7aa9500dbfdf75aa5e.png

Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2x Xeon 12cores total of 24cores / 21 GB of RAM / 150GB SSD / 1 Gbps network speed.

well, i have working one grid pretty well with a home server (not my PC), now i'm struggling to find how to configure and customize things out and i think there is no info at all... any place to find info? i think i can host a 2x2 well, even a 3x3 with low player count...

Specs of the server:
*Inet 600/600mb
*CPU AMD Fx8350
*32GB RAM DDR3 2000Mhz
*SSD Samsung
*NVIDIA trash® graphics card

On 1/16/2019 at 7:37 AM, theprocss said:

You are running 2x2 servers and is only consuming 9 GB of RAM? WTF

I am running 2x2 servers and its consuming almost 20 GB of RAM. 

My server hot have players. I make small islands to all grid. So i think it's normal.

Anyway i order 

2x Intel Xeon E5-2690v2 - 20c/40t - 3 GHz/3.6 GHz
128 GB RAM ECC
2 x 960 GB SSD
250 mb/s

PLEASE ALL BE AWARE THE UPDATES FROM WEDNESDAY ONWARDS HAVE MASSIVELY INCREASED SERVER UTILIZATION CAUSING ISSUES FOR ALL HOSTS.

More Information. My computers server was still on version 11 of the Atlas Dedi Server and this runs Perfect; 1.5-5% CPU and 2.2-2.5Gb RAM.

image.thumb.png.8b0aad81e8eef6e0fab581fc29b41d5f.png

Whilst an Updated server on V14 runs at this;

image.thumb.png.6599d361c88b18a291235d9f11be3db9.png

BOTH are idle with 0 players connected.

FIX THIS PLEASE!! MY 9 SHARD SERVER NOW CRASHES WITH ONLY 3 RUNNING.

• Like 2