Grongash

Fountain of youth...

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Ok, lets.

Right now, you own nothing. Until such time as that's changed, you can NEVER own anything.  Every bit of work you do goes in someone else's pocket.  Whether you're able to use those resources is irrelevant, they are not yours. The only difference between slavery and what you're doing is that you can choose to leave at any time. However, the consequences are the same, you'll leave with nothing and likely be forced back into willing slavery for someone else when you can't find a claim of your own. Or, you'll rent land and be perpetually indebted to someone else paying taxes for land and structures that once again, you'll never own.

Heh... kind of like real life?   

No seriously it really depends on the company you are in.  If you decide to start your own company get people to work with or for you, so that YOU are on top.  But that will require work... often more work than it is worth. 

12 minutes ago, Herasea said:

Exactly, there will be more options.

The fountain of youth isn't the all be all way to keep your toon alive, it's one of many options for doing so, it just so happens this i coming out first, nothing more, nothing less. Can player please just listen to what the devs write or say before posting?

they shoulodnt be adding the age debuffs / dying  until all ways to be young are in the game , 

if fiountain of youth is for groups then solo smaller companys are not going to be able tot do it , so they are stuck with lower stats until the devs decided to add the easier options into the game 

1 minute ago, UDO said:

getting to fountain of youj sholdnt be raid content anyway , lots of players play solo and they also need to be factored in when designing games . 

solo players make up a massive percentage of any player base , 

Spose we can disagree and again I generally play these mmos solo or small group. You have options to being able to run it even solo/small group and larger groups need raid content and there are alternitives to make it so you can continue. I personally don't see the problem here.

25 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

I did not forget. Breeding WILL be added. It is not now. Until that time, I'm being punished for not participating in content.

You're not being punished, you can participate by just asking companies to tag along. 

also I'm sure people will announce were it is and everyone can come along and use it.

for what i read, it's doesn't seem like a one time use thing.

Edited by Herasea

1 minute ago, Dags said:

Spose we can disagree and again I generally play these mmos solo or small group. You have options to being able to run it even solo/small group and larger groups need raid content and there are alternitives to make it so you can continue. I personally don't see the problem here.

see my other reply 

they will now have split player bases on pvp that will have those groups that can do the fountain of youth content so now have enhanced stats v's the smaller companys that cannot so are now having lower stats , 

to add one way without the other is splitting the players even further making the larger companys gain even more of an advantage .. 

why players cannot see this is is just being shortsighted or loving the fact they can now gain an even bigger adavntage over small groups ...

Why not just revert everyone back to starting age on this update?  Seriously ridiculous

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UDO said:

see my other reply 

they will now have split player bases on pvp that will have those groups that can do the fountain of youth content so now have enhanced stats v's the smaller companys that cannot so are now having lower stats , 

to add one way without the other is splitting the players even further making the larger companys gain even more of an advantage .. 

why players cannot see this is is just being shortsighted or loving the fact they can now gain an even bigger adavntage over small groups ...

Have read this whole thread or I wouldn't of replyed to it. I still dont see a problem with this. If I want that buff I'll find other small groups and hook up with them and run it.

Soooo you might have to breed with a NPC have a child and keep it safe until you died? that seem worst because what happens if you get raided. lose your child. you hit the age cap and now you are back at 0 lost all your work.

17 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Heh... kind of like real life?   

No seriously it really depends on the company you are in.  If you decide to start your own company get people to work with or for you, so that YOU are on top.  But that will require work... often more work than it is worth. 

Or, you can solo like I do.  In which case it's all mine and I have no one to blame when I screw up except myself and I can take pride in saying I did that.

4 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Or, you can solo like I do.  In which case it's all mine and I have no one to blame when I screw up except myself and I can take pride in saying I did that.

Except when someone bigger comes along and decides they want your stuff... then you are homeless.  

As I used to say in the army.  "The Army of one is great until the army of two or more show up."

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Except when someone bigger comes along and decides they want your stuff... then you are homeless.  

As I used to say in the army.  "The Army of one is great until the army of two or more show up."

Which is why I'm on the PVE server. In theory, that should never happen.

Don't you get the point here? Neither of us is right and neither of us is wrong. But you demanding that everything be done for your groups IS wrong.  I play the way I want to play and I respect the way YOU want to play. If changing the game to fit my needs is going to severely and negatively impact the way you play the game then don't make the change.  It's that simple.  But don't sit here and say, 'Oh well, they shouldn't do that because you play solo and this isn't a single player game and since I don't play that way, screw you.'

Or did the Army not teach you to respect others?  The Marines sure taught me that.

Edited by Jean Lafitte

2 minutes ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Which is why I'm on the PVE server. In theory, that should never happen.

Don't you get the point here? Neither of us is right and neither of us is wrong. But you demanding that everything be done for your groups IS wrong.  I play the way I want to play and I respect the way YOU want to play. If changing the game to fit my needs is going to severely and negatively impact the way you play the game then don't make the change.  It's that simple.  But don't sit here and say, 'Oh well, they shouldn't do that because you play solo and this isn't a single player game and since I don't play that way, screw you.'

Or did the Army not teach you to respect others?  The Marines sure taught me that.

No the Army taught me to win fights, not wait for the Navy to bail me out.

😛

And you are on PVE, that is the perfect server to do just what you are doing.

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

No the Army taught me to win fights, not wait for the Navy to bail me out.

😛

And you are on PVE, that is the perfect server to do just what you are doing.

No, you have to wait on the pretty boys in the Air Force to FUBAR it.

Good, then don't say it's on me when the dev's have the spawn rate cranked up to the point that it's insane. I should NOT have to join a company in order to be able to walk out my door without dying incessantly.

What happens when the character dies and takes over the kid? Does the kid start at level 1 again or does it keep it's skills and levels? I guess it's early to answer that question (or I have not found the answer) but it will make a big difference to how valuable the fountain of youth will be.

"- Characters over age 90 get an old age debuff that slightly reduces stats (shown in char panel)"

My thing with this fountain of youth thing is this. I, like many others, am over 90 years old, so i get a debuff now on my skills (on top of all the nerfs to all the other things they just added in for guns, bows, armor weight, damage etc...) how is that fair. So now we are forced to go to a power stone area with our company and risk loosing all our shit just so we can get back to 20 and remove said debuff.

The "Fountain of Youth" (currently represented as a magical particle effect) appears in a single Golden Age Ruins across the ATLAS, near the Power Stone Container"

Also yea everyone on the entire server of supposedly 40k players are going to be gunning for the exact same server and the exact same spot, bravo great job awesome critical thinking, the server load, performance, fps and everything is going to be ass, and that is if it doesnt crash everyone every 10 seconds. I mean we lag hard and crash from a merchant trading ship being in our sector Jesus.

Please atlas devs think things through when putting out new content. For example maybe, since we have 15 letters worth of servers, 5 different fountain of youth locations spread across the atlas with the quest leading you to the nearest one. Might be better, just a thought, and not make the cluster of spawns such ass so people can actually do them. 

The whole aging is idiotic.  What point does it serve in the game?  If there was some huge game mechanic tied to this thing that opened up lots of new avenues of gameplay, it *might* be different.  Might.  But it does nothing wonderful at all.   Instead of a promise, it's a threat -  do this or you lose everything.   Idiotic.

Sure, right now everybody is arguing about whether smaller groups and solos have the right to reset their age and get the buff at the fountain of youth.  I think something as core as that shouldn't be endgame content for mega groups.  But that's not the real problem.  The real problem is at some point they'll flip the switch so your character dies, and then if you're not a mega corp. your only choice is to screw some creepy NPC in a game and have a baby?    (And call it "breeding" like you're some level 36 sheep)

Is there not even one woman on this dev team?  What kind of squicky repellent mind came up with this brilliant idea?

This has got to be the creepiest game mechanic ever.  And it's not like it's optional once the switch gets flipped.

We used to be held hostage by griefers sinking our boats.  Now it's the damn devs - screw the NPC or die and lose all your levels and all your stuff.

FFS

• Like 1