Sign in to follow this  
Realist

You are going to need to talk to Jeremy, Jat

I gotta tell you man, this isn’t going to go good. Luckily there are private servers but there has been way more mistakes than ark. This whole trying to be “new” or “fresh” is going on a bad direction instead of a good one.

you already know I have been following ark and atlas very closely, most in a negative way but still very closely. I have seen good decisions as well as plenty of bad ones. I see what players react to positively or negatively.

i was really surprised to hear that there was even a hand gathering talent in the first place. Just like with ark, it’s called melee damage. Melee damage increases gathering rate. Some of these talents are just ridiculous.

the age thing I guess isn’t all that bad because that one is a fresh thing to do. I don’t think the breeding or fountain of youth is a good idea however. If you are going to bother with age then it should just be a permanent thing as life is, or don’t bother with it.

what you guys really need to do here is to take the game down, work on it more and get rid of a lot of the mechanics you have right now.

one other thing you messed up on is tames. This one is actually a big mistake. This is a cant have your cake and eat it too scenario. There were two options here and you guys didn’t do either one. First option was have animals in the game but not have any of them being tamable at all. The second option was if you were going to bring tames into the game then you make them just like they were in ark: resources getting monsters. Your middle ground has a very big flaw and will make a lot more people mad then if you had just picked one of the two options.

@Jatheish I criticize you guys a lot because that is what you need. All of this good job stuff people shove down your guys throat will not help you in the slightest. I know you guys can do good, but no, you are not doing good. Had a lot of fun in ark even though I developed some hate for you guys, but look, even now ark is finally getting s+ and the kibble rework. Very very very late, but even I went to the ark twitter and told them good job which has been about two years since I have done that. I want you guys to stop making mistakes and bad decisions so the game will actually be good, because right now it’s not.

it has nothing to do with EA. It has to do with decision making.

Edited by Realist

9 minutes ago, Realist said:

what you guys really need to do here is to take the game down, work on it more and get rid of a lot of the mechanics you have right now.

I hope they don’t take the game down. Having a blast. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I hope they don’t take the game down. Having a blast. 

Ok

20 minutes ago, Realist said:

I gotta tell you man, this isn’t going to go good. Luckily there are private servers but there has been way more mistakes than ark. This whole trying to be “new” or “fresh” is going on a bad direction instead of a good one.

you already know I have been following ark and atlas very closely, most in a negative way but still very closely. I have seen good decisions as well as plenty of bad ones. I see what players react to positively or negatively.

i was really surprised to hear that there was even a hand gathering talent in the first place. Just like with ark, it’s called melee damage. Melee damage increases gathering rate. Some of these talents are just ridiculous.

the age thing I guess isn’t all that bad because that one is a fresh thing to do. I don’t think the breeding or fountain of youth is a good idea however. If you are going to bother with age then it should just be a permanent thing as life is, or don’t bother with it.

one other thing you messed up on is tames. This one is actually a big mistake. This is a cant have your cake and eat it too scenario. There were two options here and you guys didn’t do either one. First option was have animals in the game but not have any of them being tamable at all. The second option was if you were going to bring tames into the game then you make them just like they were in ark: resources getting monsters. Your middle ground has a very big flaw and will make a lot more people mad then if you had just picked one of the two options.

@Jatheish I criticize you guys a lot because that is what you need. All of this good job stuff people shove down your guys throat will not help you in the slightest. I know you guys can do good, but no, you are not doing good. Had a lot of fun in ark even though I developed some hate for you guys, but look, even now ark is finally getting s+ and the kibble rework. Very very very late, but even I went to the ark twitter and told them good job which has been about two years since I have done that. I want you guys to stop making mistakes and bad decisions so the game will actually be good, because right now it’s not.

it has nothing to do with EA. It has to do with decision making.

I agree with most of this but the " I don’t think the breeding or fountain of youth is a good idea however." to be honest this is not a new concept because Star Citizen is all so on this and there are a few other game companies that are working on this as well. I think its right on time if they pull it off but the fountain is behind a 50+ company battle and tha'ts stupid as f.

Get ready for the trolls they will be hot on your post all though I like it and i have been saying most of this all along with close to 400 hours into the game now.

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I agree with most of this but the " I don’t think the breeding or fountain of youth is a good idea however." to be honest this is not a new concept because Star Citizen is all so on this and there are a few other game companies that are working on this as well. I think its right on time if they pull it off but the fountain is behind a 50+ company battle and tha'ts stupid as f.

Get ready for the trolls they will be hot on your post all though I like it and i have been saying most of this all along with close to 400 hours into the game now.

Yeah, I will probably just ignore them this time around. 

And it’s all good we can disagree sometimes. I like the idea of death being permanents one of my favorite ark servers were hardcore servers. Hardcore meaning if you die you go back to level one. The reason why it is so good is because it’s actually true survival. A lot of people on here say other people want easy mode but they want easy mode as well lol. People couldn’t just run around not caring about consequences.

second favorite mode was no tame servers. 

You go hardcore or no tame and you just left easy mode and went to veteran.

Everyone is different and enjoys different things. Everyone also plays the game differently.

Personally I gather, by hand and not with tames, and build. 90% of the time i'm naked, with nothing but my gathering tools. I have never gone sailing, never built a boat, and probably will never see the end game content. But it's still fun to me, and will continue to be fun.

Personally my thoughts on permadeath, are it's a good thing. It gives the game longevity. Instead of maxing yourself out and being bored, you now have a mission.. either find the fountain, or start over.

For tames, I do feel they need some use, but before they get that use they need to fix the entire taming system. Everything is just trap it behind doorframes, and tame away with no risk. Why should there be any rewards without any risk? 

Overall I feel they have done an exceptional job on the game, and I look forward to the future.

Damn guy knows better than their whole development team and trying to talk to Jad on a personal basis. Guys give him a consulting job because clearly he knows better than everyone else.

4 minutes ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Damn guy knows better than their whole development team and trying to talk to Jad on a personal basis. Guys give him a consulting job because clearly he knows better than everyone else.

I’d rather have consults that play the game. The devs are not doing that let’s not make it more xd

1 hour ago, Realist said:

As someone who has been pushing for them to scrap the age mechanic, it would be even worse if they made death permanent.. Save that for hardcore servers.

An age mechanic doesn't belong in a pirate game.. It is just so dumb.

You're right though, in general? The game suffers from serious convolution; they're trying to do too much at once, and the vision of the game is getting lost in the process. 

I think to fix this convolution they should

- Remove age mechanic, make it a slider in the character creator

-Cut down the tedious chore that is the vitamin system, as someone suggested, change it to : nutrition (fruit veg), protein (all types of meat), and hydration (water). 

-Tames?.. I'm not even sure if tames belong in a game like this tbh… I'd have preferred if they gave us more tools and stuff, like a wheelbarrow to move large amounts of stuff..  Horse riding is fine, but everything else is a bit...Crews are enough, they should just expand on crews and scrap beast taming outside of horse taming.

-Simplify the melee combat; remove all this stupid lock on nonsense, and this standing still to attack.. It just doesn't work. Even Arks basic melee combat is better than this convolution.

Edited by Adfax
  • Like 3

I feel like they havent play any games in the past.   I come from starting Playing with Warcraft 3 and age of empire... god those were the best...  Moving on... The important of making a game is to balance toward an end goal not to balance toward alpha tribes.   

Nerf wild animals so that they are in line with player power and that their levels only increase stamina only when wilded but tamed have random point allocation when tamed.  

Easiest way to do this now.... Is  to remove all Alpha animal buff and their spawn ... Next is to instill gathering resource animal that matches with pick / hachet at level 30 level.. every level after 30 tames increase harvest rate by .1  so every ten level it's multiplier will go up.  Next is that if you do harvest with the right animal on the right things it give a weight reduction. 

Next,  Make cargo saddle able to have a resource chest with weight reduction.   Next is to Make Predator Have inter changing Aggro radius such if it hungry it eats something... if it full it will run from you.    

Next on Ship you want more PvP action and less offline this is really simple.   make anchor ship no longer able to take damage unless if it hasnt been moved in 2 day time with the movement having to be at least 100 yard.  So move the boats when you can to avoid offliner.  

You want to nerf and buff in the direction of making player happy not for your BDSM self inflicted pain fetish.    

one more thing Balance each feature before Adding... with each new adding make sure its core to your game balance beliefs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adfax said:

As someone who has been pushing for them to scrap the age mechanic, it would be even worse if they made death permanent.. Save that for hardcore servers.

An age mechanic doesn't belong in a pirate game.. It is just so dumb.

You're right though, in general? The game suffers from serious convolution; they're trying to do too much at once, and the vision of the game is getting lost in the process. 

I think to fix this convolution they should

- Remove age mechanic, make it a slider in the character creator

-Cut down the tedious chore that is the vitamin system, as someone suggested, change it to : nutrition (fruit veg), protein (all types of meat), and hydration (water). 

-Tames?.. I'm not even sure if tames belong in a game like this tbh… I'd have preferred if they gave us more tools and stuff, like a wheelbarrow to move large amounts of stuff..  Horse riding is fine, but everything else is a bit...Crews are enough, they should just expand on crews and scrap beast taming outside of horse taming.

-Simplify the melee combat; remove all this stupid lock on nonsense, and this standing still to attack.. It just doesn't work. Even Arks basic melee combat is better than this convolution.

Yeah, I am sure most people would disagree with me about the age. I just brought up a couple quick points, since there are so many bad decisions already. I have seen these guys evolve in some areas and devolve in others. 

Mans yes, as I said with tames there was only 2 good options and they tried to make a third that was worse than the 2 they should have chose from. There is no middle ground for this subject only either or

2 hours ago, Dragoon14th said:

I feel like they havent play any games in the past.   I come from starting Playing with Warcraft 3 and age of empire... god those were the best...  Moving on... The important of making a game is to balance toward an end goal not to balance toward alpha tribes.   

Nerf wild animals so that they are in line with player power and that their levels only increase stamina only when wilded but tamed have random point allocation when tamed.  

Easiest way to do this now.... Is  to remove all Alpha animal buff and their spawn ... Next is to instill gathering resource animal that matches with pick / hachet at level 30 level.. every level after 30 tames increase harvest rate by .1  so every ten level it's multiplier will go up.  Next is that if you do harvest with the right animal on the right things it give a weight reduction. 

Next,  Make cargo saddle able to have a resource chest with weight reduction.   Next is to Make Predator Have inter changing Aggro radius such if it hungry it eats something... if it full it will run from you.    

Next on Ship you want more PvP action and less offline this is really simple.   make anchor ship no longer able to take damage unless if it hasnt been moved in 2 day time with the movement having to be at least 100 yard.  So move the boats when you can to avoid offliner.  

You want to nerf and buff in the direction of making player happy not for your BDSM self inflicted pain fetish.    

one more thing Balance each feature before Adding... with each new adding make sure its core to your game balance beliefs. 

Even though I like the grind, I see where you are coming from on a lot of the issues. 

I don’t want to force anyone to play hardcore even though I am hardcore.

this is also another reason why they messed up so badly. These map clusters are so big that there is no way they can make a hardcore server, small company server, or no tame server. 

When ark made all the different types of servers, a lot of the fighting stopped. The problem is here different people like different types of gameplay and everyone is stuck on one cluster so there will always be fighting about what the game should be like. They really 💩 the bed by mapping one huge map instead of multiple types of maps.

people will always prefer their own type of gameplay. So grapeshot/wildcard has already failed in that aspect. They can even get the things done that they said like huge battles because of the way the grids are set up. At the very least there should have been half as many servers that could hold double the amount of players.... but no, they had to start the hype train and make the map as big as possible even though that stopped them from being able to execute one of their biggest selling points.

they haven’t learned yet, but eventually they will be forced to learn

2 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Thanks