Sign in to follow this  
Tarvald

Mod Suggestions

Hey guys, I'm just going to jot down ideas as they come to me. I can't mod worth a damn so I'll just suggest some.

# U.I+
> Something to make the skill-tree look more appealing, laid out better, something where you can see where all the branches lead to. Just a cleaner setup/page for it would be nice. Also "Tier" icons instead of all these separate icons)

# Farming+
> Just more emphasis on farming in general, less "Go out and get 10,000 berries" and more, own some cows, chickens, pigs, plant crops till them etc.

# Farming Plots+
> Also, can we get some small "field" size plots, like 10x the size of the regular plots that can hold as much, I'd like to have the immersion of farm lands instead of little shit wood boxes everywhere with a single plant in them)

#Cooking+
> Just more balance to cooking, more meals with buffs, more ingredients from animals than just the standard meats, and primes. Also more items from plants basically just more depth)

# Stacks+
> Just larger stacks, not necessarily dropping the weight, I just want clean looking cabinets)

# Spawns Re-balanced
> Since the Devs won't do it, and we've been complaining about 100 Wolves spawning on our doorsteps for about a month now, I'm hoping someone could attempt a fix. Note different zones and islands have different spawn rates so it would be quite the attempt to fix)

# Buildings+
> This one is a big one for me, could someone maybe make towers and such and have them as pre-fab structures. A defensive assortment would be a great place to start. Also, higher wall pieces, 4x Height would be fantastic.)

#Ships
> Okay so this one is another important one, Galleons can be pumped out by a 5 man group in 6 hours, and they're like this because the PvE community uses them for Cargo, and the PvE community needs big ass Cargo ships, so if someone could make more larger Cargo ships for PvE that can be hammered out in 6-10 hours, while also making PvP ships that take days to weeks to hammer out but with more PvP impact that would be great)

# Armor+
> More Armor sets, more importantly better armor sets. Layered gear, Plate with fur underneath etc.)

# Melee+
> Someone please fix melee)

# Trade+
> This one is two part.)
> First, some sort of place-fab building that goods can be placed in by the owner, and purchased from for gold by "Listed" players or Allies)
> Second, Free-Port Auction Houses (NOT CONNECTED) that anyone and everyone could sell goods out of, with gold gained from sold goods going back to another pre-fab structure, while goods purchased must be sailed out of the Free-Port, so Piracy content is created)

# Piracy+
> Ships of the damned are kinda gay, unless you're 13 and hitting your edge-lord emo stride, all this "Damned" stuff is very edgy. I'd rather see more NPC "Pirate" ships while making SoTD much more rare, but hard experience to fight)

# Sea+
> Fix the Sea, I'm sorry but 100+ of those (Bigger than Great Whites) sharks would not be in a 50 yard radius of eachother at all times)

# Regional Animals
> Polar: Polar Bears, Tropical: Panda Bears, Tundra: Grizzly Bears, Temperate: Black Bears etc)

# MMORPG+
> Weapons, Gathering tools, more tiers we have Stone, Metal, but what we really need is, Stone, Tin, Bronze, Iron, Black-Iron, Refined-Iron, Crystal, Gem (Gem tools can be spec'd per the Gem material used to make them, higher rates, less stam use etc)

# Flags+
> Larger Claim Radius, less flag spam, but more important claims, set fight times (think EvE) structures built inside claim can only be attacked for a 6-10 hour period set at "server time" by the owner, prevents off-line raiding, encourages quality PvP content. Time set to attack can only be changed once a week so as to prevent never being able to be attacked)

# Rental Empires+
> An in-depth re-imagining of the tax and claim system that allows for the creation of "Rental-Pires" where territory can be handed and off-handed to outfits underneath the umbrella of the owning corporation with ease, placing more political emphasis on the game)

# Alliances & Allies +
> A fix to Alliances & Allies, Alliances no longer have limits but are broken down into categories and types. Showing a re-imagining of the current system.)
> Main Alliance -  Shows members in Blue)
> Alliance Friends - Shows members in Purple)
> Coalition - 2 or more Main Alliances Allied (Shows in Orange)
>A new Alliance U.I would need to be created)

# Chat+
> Better Chat system, tabs, General, Local, Help, Alliance, Friends, Coalition. Also better more visual friendly text)

# Alert+
> Better System Alerts, as well as making Alert boxes smaller as not to take up 80% of the screen)

# Management+
> More resource sheets, claims lists etc. Also U.I to declaim remotely and or trade claims with Alliance members remotely)

Anyway, I'll keep adding as I go.

Hello, a lot of this things you said should or lets say MUST be added by the devs rather than mods, I think it's devs job to bring us all of this things you'r saying since it's TOO much for mods.. I can't imagine a mod that big with everything or a lot of mods (maybe will need to have more than 10).. Would love to see a lot of this in game @Jatheish maybe?

1 hour ago, dtmaster said:

@Tarvald load the Devkit and make this self..

In the first line, I said I am horrible at modding, so I'd toss suggestions.