Jump to content

  • 122
KayaBorealis

bug Tames falling through floors and boats

Question

Can you guys finally fix the animals and crewmembers and even players falling through boats and floors? Every serverrestart our tames, crew (and we sometimes as well) are dead because they fall either through two or three decks or two or three floors, animals as well as crew, and it's starting to get old. I know this isn't ark, but you're using a lot of the same code, and I've only seen this happen in ark once or twice in over 1300 hours. Please fix this!

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I have a bear stuck in a brigantine, can I break the bottom deck of a boat or not without sinking the boat? I will break one side of the boat after, I want to recover my favorite bear 😞



(J'ai un ours coincĂ© dans une brigantine, je peux casser le pont infĂ©rieur d'un bateau? Je vais casser un cotĂ© du bateau aprĂšs, je veux rĂ©cupĂ©rer mon ours favori 😞  )

1886663442_ours2.thumb.jpg.56c440eaadc1d4e2a591befebbf8095a.jpg

 

Edited by AliciaB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm seriously considering just shooting my 5 tames today because it's too annoying to go and round them all up every few hours when the servers reboot. This is quite obviously a load order issue. Structures > NPCs (including animals) > trees and crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

This an issue we're working on and trying to resolve and it extends beyond tames with players also falling through the structures. Sadly it's more of a complex and difficult one to get the bottom of, but it is certainly one of our higher priority issues.

Thank you! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Today when i logged in into our base 80% of our animal disappeared - 5 elephants / 2 shielhorns / 5-6 bears / 1 giraffe / 1 rhino  and some other that i can not remember   ......no logs / no trace of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

One of my bears disappeared this morning. Nothing in the log. I went out of render distance and then came back. The bear was back, I think right where I left him.

2 hours ago, P4TM4N said:

second bear killed boarding ship with no saddle or bag left behind.

To you an anyone that reads this. Do not load a tame onto a ship using the radial "move to ship" menu. Apparently especially if it is on follow. This will fail, somewhere around 10% of the time with your tame being dead.

Much safer to get on the ship, then whistle follow (T) and it will follow you on just like an NPC. Unlike an NPC, tames are big enough to get stuck in decking, so whistle follow from a location free of stuff built on the deck to avoid it getting stuck.

Edited by wildbill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/9/2019 at 2:51 PM, AliciaB said:

I have a bear stuck in a brigantine, can I break the bottom deck of a boat or not without sinking the boat? I will break one side of the boat after, I want to recover my favorite bear 😞



(J'ai un ours coincĂ© dans une brigantine, je peux casser le pont infĂ©rieur d'un bateau? Je vais casser un cotĂ© du bateau aprĂšs, je veux rĂ©cupĂ©rer mon ours favori 😞  )

1886663442_ours2.thumb.jpg.56c440eaadc1d4e2a591befebbf8095a.jpg

 

I hope that you managed to fix this without breaking the side of your ship Alicia - as previous posters suggested, two fixes that often seem to work include 1) raising/dropping anchor often "pops" mounts to top deck and 2) putting follow distance on Lowest, whistling the bear onto follow and then running to different vantage points on your boat (higher points in different directions). 

These approaches have definitely worked for us in the past - hopefully it can save folks a few tames. 

Edited by Kwiver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, Kwiver said:

I hope that you managed to fix this without breaking the side of your ship Alicia - as previous posters suggested, two fixes that often seem to work include 1) raising/dropping anchor often "pops" mounts to top deck and 2) putting follow distance on Lowest, whistling the bear onto follow and then running to different vantage points on your boat (higher points in different directions). 

These approaches have definitely worked for us in the past - hopefully it can save folks a few tames. 

Yes I got it back, merci 🙂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Cytoxx said:

Same problem... everything was fine the last few days, but this morning most of my tamed pets got stuck in my double flooring of the enclosure built above water.

Was forced to partly destroy the building to dislodge my pets.

Devs, this REALLY needs to be solved asap! How I am supposed to put my pets out of harms way - any suggestions???

I've seen a few suggestions, but they mostly seem to ignore that tames can and will fall through the floor to the lowest level of a building.

So for now, I only know one sure thing, that is go ahead, put the tames on an upper floor, but have a plan to get them out of lower floors if they fall through. In a base, that is open a gate or break a few walls. On a ship, anchor/un-anchor and whistle follow from above the deck, like in a crows nest.

For a base, make sure where they fall into is safe. For me, that is putting a fence around the building they are in that keeps wild creatures away from the walls of the tame enclosure. It is extra work, but the only way to keep them safe that I know of.

Unfortunately this bug does prevent me from building a base over water, I just don't feel that would be safe, although I've not tested it.

If anyone else has ideas that take this bug into account, and still keep your tames safe, share them please.

Of course, you could also take the route a few are, and that is to stop playing the game until some of these issues are resolved. I'm not ready to do that yet, but might if this just becomes too frustrating. I think the work arounds if followed can keep us playing and having fun though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

How can you even be thinking of adding content with these floor/ground bugs in the game? This makes the game fundamentaly unplayable when all the tamed animals you have farmed one day is gone when the servers has been down. I know this is early access but shame on you guys! Get your prioreties right ffs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Ballaballa said:

How can you even be thinking of adding content with these floor/ground bugs in the game? This makes the game fundamentaly unplayable when all the tamed animals you have farmed one day is gone when the servers has been down. I know this is early access but shame on you guys! Get your prioreties right ffs!

I think they have different people working on bugs and content, and this one in particular is hard to fix i don't even think they can fix this, like ever, maybe for ships, but not for land structures, but then again, i still doubt it, i think this will never get fixed, like ever, i'd like the devs to change my mind or prove me wrong i really do, but yeah very unlikely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have been victim to this type of bug on more occasions than I care to think about .. I have lost a total of 6 bears on the EU official PVE server, and even more on the EU PVP official server when I played there before. It seems like there is always a risk, for me, that when either ordering a tamed creature to follow, or command it to board a ship, there is a likelihood that it will just get stuck between the structure of the ship and end up dying or just simply disappear before the much dreaded and almost insolent 'your creature was killed!' message pops up in red. I cannot express how frustrating this has been for me. I truly have developed a love-hate relationship with this game, as I did with ARK before. I have 178 hours on ATLAS and 917 hours on ARK but often wonder how I have persevered through such game-breaking bugs; I guess I must really be a fan of the developers and games themselves, which makes it even more painful when these things occur. Please, please, implement some means to address this and stop breaking our collective hearts - I am appropriately posting this on valentines day in the hope that my message is more poignant. Thank you in advance.

losttameagain.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, tsiken said:

I have been victim to this type of bug on more occasions than I care to think about .. I have lost a total of 6 bears on the EU official PVE server, and even more on the EU PVP official server when I played there before. It seems like there is always a risk, for me, that when either ordering a tamed creature to follow, or command it to board a ship, there is a likelihood that it will just get stuck between the structure of the ship and end up dying or just simply disappear before the much dreaded and almost insolent 'your creature was killed!' message pops up in red. I cannot express how frustrating this has been for me. I truly have developed a love-hate relationship with this game, as I did with ARK before. I have 178 hours on ATLAS and 917 hours on ARK but often wonder how I have persevered through such game-breaking bugs; I guess I must really be a fan of the developers and games themselves, which makes it even more painful when these things occur. Please, please, implement some means to address this and stop breaking our collective hearts - I am appropriately posting this on valentines day in the hope that my message is more poignant. Thank you in advance.

losttameagain.jpg

This thread is about tames falling through structures, ships or bases and dying.

I think you are talking about them getting killed when loading on a ship.BTW, this is a known bug too, i've posted the work around for that in other threads. You should never have a tame dying when loading it onto a ship if you know what does and doesn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×