Special Notice regarding stacking cannons in gunports Read more... ×
KayaBorealis

bug Tames falling through floors and boats

Absolutely this is really ridiculous, this happens to tames and nps and even regular crew members, this needs to be addressed 110%. We either loose tames because they glitch below stuff, into the water or under buildings. Best case scenario we have to break up building walls and foundations to try and move them. It is beyond annoying and waste of time and resources. 

• Like 1

Noticing NPC fall through the ground, 

some disappear forever, 

I even tried to have them sit in chairs,

some stay in chairs, other get up and spawn into foundations

out of 8,

4 have disappeared and there's nothing in logs.

2nd story, NPC spawn on the ground and then get eaten by wilds.

Also, Cliff Platform bed, travel there and you spawn falling down into the water.

Even made a three story house onto it with a bed at each level. Still fall into ocean.

Edited by iDash

The devs are not going to fix this unless we let them know. Uproar and fight back on what we want is important. This by far is ruining the game for everyone, building big tame pens just so your animals could die. Losing hours and hours of work because the Devs won't notice that this is a big problem and is also an aspect to the game that needs attention on. Farming is eased by tames but how could you farm when your tames just dies because of bad coding or programing?

On 1/30/2019 at 10:00 PM, KayaBorealis said:

Have you tried standing on something tall while whistling it to follow you?

I realise that this sounds like a bizarre suggestion, but sometimes the above actually works!  On 3 occasions yesterday we had a bear load into a ship completely incorrectly (twice into the very bottom of a galleon and once it actually got properly stuck into the rocks of the ocean floor (!)) and on all 3 occasions we eventually got the bear out by 1) setting the follow distance to Lowest, 2) whistling the bear to follow and 3) just moving quite far away/up and in different directions - it eventually just "glitched" back out! 

Not ideal by a long (grape)shot I realise, but until they fix this I thought I would merely post this feedback (as someone who has also asked for feedback on this - we are still waiting devs!) for this one situational fix.  Have not tested it on stuck tames in foundations following server resets - not as optimistic that this solution would work for that situation also.  

ps: it helps to have two people look at the problem and just to check whether it is showing the same glitch on both accounts - sometimes we seem to see slightly different graphic/tame glitches - especially when one player is actually stuck "inside" the tame.  If you are playing alone then of course you are SOL sadly.   

Edited by Kwiver

15 hours ago, Kwiver said:

I realise that this sounds like a bizarre suggestion, but sometimes the above actually works!  On 3 occasions yesterday we had a bear load into a ship completely incorrectly (twice into the very bottom of a galleon and once it actually got properly stuck into the rocks of the ocean floor (!)) and on all 3 occasions we eventually got the bear out by 1) setting the follow distance to Lowest, 2) whistling the bear to follow and 3) just moving quite far away/up and in different directions - it eventually just "glitched" back out! 

Not ideal by a long (grape)shot I realise, but until they fix this I thought I would merely post this feedback (as someone who has also asked for feedback on this - we are still waiting devs!) for this one situational fix.  Have not tested it on stuck tames in foundations following server resets - not as optimistic that this solution would work for that situation also.  

ps: it helps to have two people look at the problem and just to check whether it is showing the same glitch on both accounts - sometimes we seem to see slightly different graphic/tame glitches - especially when one player is actually stuck "inside" the tame.  If you are playing alone then of course you are SOL sadly.   

doesn't work for tames falling through floors/stuck inside ceilings, because they are actually stuck unlike on boats, you could also punch the tames on boats to make them unstuck sometimes, but when they're inside floors/ceilings on land, you have to demolish

Suspected as much - pity...  I did find that the above method also definitely works for tames "stuck in each other" when one has fallen through a floor into another one, but as you say I still have chickens lost in foundations and this has not worked on them. 

Maybe someone else has found a clever workaround for tames stuck in floors?

I can one up all of you... when the server restarts most of my tames that are on ceilings fall down to the first floor...... but some of them teleport all the way out into the middle of the ocean! Yeah. Amazing. 

I think the problem is that server does not wait for structures, ships to load and just loads everything. During loading time simulation of objects should be halted, same goes for accepting connections.

Another possible reason for this is due to "incorrectly" saved positions of animals, where their root vertical position is possibly offset-ed by a small margin enough to penetrate floors. 

Edited by IcyAxe
  • Like 1

Certainly it is the wrong forum, certainly many have already said it and certainly there are many more important things. BUT: Animals constantly "cheat" through walls, through foundations built as walls, even through double foundations built as walls. Whether it's a tieger in the barn or my very carefully enclosed animals are outdoors. THAT ANNOYS ME VERY MUCH!

I apologize for the yelling. But I am very frustrated.

Hi all,

from what we investigated we think that it mostly happen on places where floor are stacked on each other, and it happend either in buildings on ground or on top of water

well not only tames this morning I had an NPC on a boat that was under the boat and I had him last night on the boat sweeping/fixing the boat. I managed to get him back on the boat by have him follow me, but now he keeps on disappearing/reappearing on the boat, it's hard to get into his menus to change behavior or inventory.

All my animals are gone . 9 tigers , 2 bears, 3 cows and a pig . The pig I seen fall under the world last night , the rest are just magically gone when I logged on today

On 2/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, Movix said:

Hi all,

from what we investigated we think that it mostly happen on places where floor are stacked on each other, and it happend either in buildings on ground or on top of water

Cool - so that means we should keep tames only in buildings where the surface is flat (so that one does not have to build more than one foundation deep) and it must not be above land or above water.  That narrows it down to... wait... nowhere being safe?

Logged in after yesterday's patch to find a brig ported (still moored mind you) one zone away.  As I got over there to fetch the ship, a shark ate one of our chickens (which must have been ported out of our barn - it was nowhere near the ship originally mind you) and we are also missing a rhino - has not appeared as killed in the logs, so it is either invisible somewhere or drowning somewhere - spent an hour sailing looking for it... 

What is worse is that I submitted two tickets for this in "Live Game Support" yesterday.  No response.  Me thinks the name is a serious misnomer, as there is nothing Live about it, nor has there been any Game Support so far on this topic. 

Going to quit this game and submit request for refund if they don't fix this issue now shortly - there is really no point in playing a game and accumulating assets when they are being randomly ported away into the ocean, fall through the earth, get stuck in floors constantly or get killed from behind/underneath/through walls. 

How many more customer/player votes does it take in the number 1 bug post before someone from Grapeshot responds - even if only to acknowledge the problem? (which is SERIOUSLY SHOCKING that you guys have not even done that - nevermind assurances or a timeline for this to be worked on!)

C'mon guys - do the decent thing and respond to your players on this... please. 

Edited by Kwiver

I wish there was something substantive I could offer up here to help nail down the root cause, or fix, but for now I'll simply add my two cents to the thread. This is something that Atlas Shrugged has seen happen to a large number of tames over the past couple weeks. It certainly is a frustrating issue, and I imagine it'd be quite the setback for some folks. Sometimes they're able to be saved, and other times, they're gone forever....

Tames are special; be it for personal or functional reasons. Folks are pretty darn passionate about the things they've tamed and it is certainly a setback when it your tame just disappears out of thin air. I'm hopeful this will be resolved in time though.

Left bear overnight on the highest platform in our base. Thought it disappeared like most of our bears before (For example one was later levitating a hundred meters above our base and another one disappeared suddenly on a beach while riding it) but found it later outside our base. When mounting it, it switched/glitched to the previous location. When moving a bit forward it jumped back outside the base again.

One of our Elephants glitched through the ceiling. would place all the tames on the natural ground but there it would die by a wild spawning like snake, tiger, wolf for sure within the perimeter of the base.

Youre developing a very ambitious and addicting game. Many bugs are gone since release. Keep up the good work. 😉

I have a bear stuck in a brigantine, can I break the bottom deck of a boat or not without sinking the boat? I will break one side of the boat after, I want to recover my favorite bear 😞

(J'ai un ours coincé dans une brigantine, je peux casser le pont inférieur d'un bateau? Je vais casser un coté du bateau après, je veux récupérer mon ours favori 😞  )

1886663442_ours2.thumb.jpg.56c440eaadc1d4e2a591befebbf8095a.jpg

Edited by AliciaB

I'm seriously considering just shooting my 5 tames today because it's too annoying to go and round them all up every few hours when the servers reboot. This is quite obviously a load order issue. Structures > NPCs (including animals) > trees and crap.

7 animals lost to this shit already, and seriously considering to just give up.
Days of work, gone in minutes when trying to move an animal to another island.

By all means keep pumping out more shit features and not fixing core mechanics

So my experience with tame so far since the game launch. If we build a elevated pen so wild animal doest spawn in it. The game glitch our tame thru the floor to left it under the pen with no protection and or just make it dissapear if it were elevated by a foundation. But even with an elevated foundation (2-3 stack of foundation or more) theres still a chance for wild animal to spawn in it. Set animal to neutral to protect themself is no use if alpha shows up and start biting thru the wall(if wasnt spawn inside the pen already) and slowly kill our tame one by one that were trying to protect themselves. Set them to passive is fucked either way. Putting them on the ship is a gamble too. Everytime you press the button Move to Ship you have to pray so that your tame doest just fly straight to the planet stole ya tame.  So TELL ME DEV. HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO KEEP OUR TAME THAT WE FOUGHT SO HARD TO GET ALIVE? I would love to hear your enlighten word.

16 hours ago, AliciaB said:

I have a bear stuck in a brigantine, can I break the bottom deck of a boat or not without sinking the boat? I will break one side of the boat after, I want to recover my favorite bear 😞

(J'ai un ours coincé dans une brigantine, je peux casser le pont inférieur d'un bateau? Je vais casser un coté du bateau après, je veux récupérer mon ours favori 😞  )

1886663442_ours2.thumb.jpg.56c440eaadc1d4e2a591befebbf8095a.jpg

This happened to me today.

Go to the top of the crows nest, use a spy glass to look at the bear and whistle follow (T). This popped the bear up to the top deck for me. Actually worked for two bears. I read of this in the forums, so it has worked for others too.

• Like 1