ūüďĘSilos non functioning on lawless servers Read more... √ó
KayaBorealis

bug Tames falling through floors and boats

Also fix the wild animals being able to hit thru doors and walls and yes fix the floors and foundations so our tames do not fall thru them anymore, what is point of making animal pen if we can't put our tames in pen.

All 2nd story tames fell to first floor.  The only reason they were on the second floor in the first place was to protect from wild creatures killing them through walls and foundations.  Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't.  Thinking that storing them only within large gates and on the ground is best.

DEAR DEVS!!! Do so if the pet cannot reach the owner, after some time or distance the pet teleports to you.

Same.  We built our barn on Pillars because of the excessive spawns at the time and because stuff was spawning in the base, so we raised it off the ground. Now  everytime I log on there's at least one tame half way through the floor (mostly the elephants), and occasionally a bear will be on the actual ground outside under the pen, even though I logged  out with him inside.

Sorry I made a thread about this myself with screenshots, did not realise this thread was here, should have looked first. You may merge it if necessary 

Next issue, which is kind of related, now if an animal falls through a floor or a deck, they are bugged forever, for example shoulderpets don't sit on your shoulder properly anymore. It keeps giving the option to pick them up, while you see them on your shoulder, but if you move, you'll see they're not actually on your shoulder but they're floating behind you, with no way to "de-attach" them but to relog... They auto-detach on relog, but the next time you pick them up it does the same thing again... Grrrr! 

@Jatheish Can the dev team look into this please? Especially the stuff falling through the floor. It's so frustrating to lose hours of progress because everything falls through floors and decks, even crew-members that come from freeports!! Thank you! 

Edited by KayaBorealis

Posting just to get this thread more attention, nearly every time the server restarts it costs our group 9-25 stone floors/ceilings due to tames getting stuck inside. When multiple patches come out in rapid succession, as they often do, it quickly gets very expensive and tedious. This is greatly exacerbated by the fact that, if you don't have your tames in a pen with a minimum of 2 stone wall tiles deep and 2 foundations of stone thick, the first alpha that wanders along is going to glitch inside and wipe your entire tame pen.

Its because they keep shutting the servers down and not a hard save, then shut down the servers.

They also are doing what we knew would happen, data loss. Why on earth do they do stupid things like this is beyond me. Do major daily patches not 10 hard starts a day.

So dum

This is because they improperly set the meshes to be non solid to i guess save on polycount/lower the lag.,

I noticed they said they just did a so called update to reduce something with ship hulls  but soon after update MANY people are reporting stuck over boats/rafts which is because we are for some reason not making contact  with the surface or slightly falling through the surface.

There should not be ANYTHING clipping through surfaces,make everything a solid except for water surface of course.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:01 AM, OhForFSakeWB said:

Also fix the wild animals being able to hit thru doors and walls and yes fix the floors and foundations so our tames do not fall thru them anymore, what is point of making animal pen if we can't put our tames in pen.

Yes this is a big problem and looks bad in game but i fear/think the problem is how they set the objects in game and if they do it properly will create more lag.They should have realized that before implementing ideas.

My tames are either falling through floors  or now getting stuck in walls and buildings. Add that to the new cost to replace said floors/walls and or builds and it hurts a bit. Please note the Star in the bottom Image is were said Elephant was previously sitting.

73cf83a8d408dab19a124b9cc128f6d5.jpg672c577deae4c5bea23535b0f85d82cd.jpg

Elephant Pen.jpg

Edited by Beliena

Please fix these bugs with tames, structures, and boats. The admins on the server I play on are having to fix this multiple times per day. I didn't want to bug them with fixing my bear the second time this occurred, so I fixed it myself using the knowledge from the first time it happened.

First, on unofficial, with slightly boosted rates and a few special settings. Doublee is the name of the server cluster.

Two nights, two cases of my bear getting bugged:

1. I had just finished a new Schooner. I was taking it to the local freeport island to get some crew for it. I anchored in the harbor of the freeport....finished my business there, and tried to turn around. My bear, which was parked in the middle of my main deck, was stuck in place. The boat was moving underneath her. I tried to move her on the boat, which I was able to do, but when I jumped off of her, she snapped back to the original position she was stuck at. I could not get her to follow. I lost all ability to interact with everything on my ship. I ended up dying, and I got the ability to interact back, but the bear was still bugged. I could not move my ship without the bear moving off the boat because she was stuck in that position and would not move with the boat. It required an admin to hop on the bear and teleport the bear off the boat, then bring it back, unclaim it and allow me to reclaim it. I then moved the bear onto the schooner....and it was fixed.

2. (just got done with this) I went treasure hunting with my bear. I went to one island, ran around a bit on my bear, and found that the treasure was up on a cliff, so I returned to my ship and threw away the treasure map (I don't bother with cliff treasures). No problems with getting the bear on the boat and moving with the bear on the boat. I run over to the next island which is in the same zone a short distance away. I get off the boat with my bear and go find the treasure, defeat the damned, get the treasure. I return to my boat, load up my bear. I then try to turn my boat around so I can leave. The bear remained in the same position like the previous time. I then proceeded to try unclaiming and reclaiming the bear, no dice...still bugged. I then tried removing the small handling sail on the boat which the bear was next to...no dice, still bugged. I then remove three ceiling tiles below where the bear is standing. I try to ride her, but notice that I have the option to move her onto the ship. I move her to the ship. The bear sinks down to my lower deck by the cannons. At this point the bear was unbugged and I could move with her attached to the ship. I then proceed to sail back to my base.

Both times as I approached my base after the bear was unbugged, the bear appeared to teleport to the sloop parked at my dock. The first time, once I got in the position to anchor, I dropped the anchor, and the bear teleported back to my schooner. The second time, once I got in the position to anchor, I didn't drop the anchor. Instead, I jumped on my dock and let the auto-anchor happen. The bear did not teleport back to the schooner...it stayed on the sloop. I went over to the bear and tried to move it around the sloop, but it would not move and was stuck in place again. I had the option to move it to the schooner again so I took it. The bear then became unbugged and I could ride it off the schooner.

I'm now contemplating building a special platform on my ship so that I can place the bear on it in order to unbug it next time without dismantling the main deck.

Please fix all these issues with tames and their interactions with structures and boats.

Recover your tames when they fall below decks!

So, I figured out how to recover them. Now... when you have a tame on board and you raise the anchor, they sometimes fall through the deck.

I figured out that if you drop the anchor, they will often pop back up through the deck.

Sometimes I have had to drop the anchor, raise it back up... and then simply rotate the ship left or right without opening sails.

They can pop back up through the floor that way. Just play with it a little and they will pop back up.

I'm not sure about NPC crew, but even company members have been dropped down a deck or two from raising or lowering the anchor as well.

Hope this helps with some of the frustrations. My poor bear was stuck in an incomplete Galleon and I ended up removing several decks before I figured this trick out. 

3 bears in one server restart.  @Jatheish & devs - SERIOUSLY - PLEASE FIX THIS or else there really is no point in doing anything else in this game to do with tames. 

image.png.98269a70d4b2f02a9ac8cc926617ebfd.png

• Thanks 1

I'm personally not familiar with the structure in which UE4 works. But it seems as tho some animals have an overly exaggerated hitbox size (ie. collision physics). I do know however that if certain objects overlap each other to a large enough degree they will pass through each other without collision. Hence the discovery of exploits and such where someone figures out a way to overlap enough by any means allowing them to do something the game wasn't wanting you to do. As stated before i am not familiar with "collision physics" among UE4 but i could understand that by reducing the physics shape/size would increase loading time and reduce lag. But it feels as though having an object/animal such as a bear with a large hitbox and a ceiling tile and/or foundation with just a small collision barrier at the top/walkable surface wouldn't be a good idea because the large collision object will overlap the smaller one and allow it to pass through it until the object fully renders upon loading in or server restarting. Maybe by adding a collision to the mesh itself not as a component of the object might help.

It seems to only happen when the server is restarted and everything is loading in again for the first time or if your character itself is loading into the game. "Object 1" loads/renders before the other and since the second object isn't fully loaded, the object begins to move/fall through and stops once the second object renders briefly after, causing "object 1" (bear for example) to stop moving while inside "object 2" (floor tiles).

This is just my 2 cents, but im sure i'm probably wrong.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, Kristoff Rivers said:

We had the issue plenty of times as well, but one bug really topped everything.

After two server restarts we had one bear that teleported away from our platform and rendered invisible.

Hi. Are you still on lawles server? Funny to see you on the forum as well. Greats to scarlet. Maby make a allince? Kira sun

i don't think they know how to fix this, this thread has a lot of votes and has been here for ages and its not fixed, i'd like the devs to prove me wrong, but i seriously doubt it, they just can't

• Like 1

@Jatheish What seems to be the problem? Why don't we get updates or acknowledgements of this issue? Do you feel we're entitled? If you don't have a solution then simply say (we are aware of this issue but don't currently have a solution but are working on one.) Man that was tough to type out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I keep getting tames falling thru the ships when I tell them to get on the ship. And last night I actually had a bear that I told to get on my ship carrying 3k gold die. The message that popped across my screen was that I killed the bear. At the time I was walking down the stairs to get below decks on my ship carrying 2k gold, so yes overweight, and I knew the bear was bugged (again).  This is the first that has died, but I have had 2 or 3 bug out by getting stuck either on the railing and disappearing forever, or falling thru the deck never to be seen again.  Really am getting tired of having to train new ones at least once a day because of this.

• Sad 1

Confirmed. Both NPCs and Players are clipping through ship structures to end up in the sea. 

Spoiler alert for people new to Grapeshot/Wildcard...

These guys are primarily the creative types, they can make neat looking creatures and environments, but they use a 3rd party for a lot of the game nuts & bolts so to speak: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/what-is-unreal-engine-4

So, I'm afraid that we're more likely to see them add in new stuff (e.g. fountain of youth bs, bounty systems, ruining stone structures, and dozens of more creatures and armor skins, etc), before you will see any fixes to the way the game actually operates. Clipping, teleporting up under a ship, things falling through the ship floor, that's probably here to stay for a while.

I love the concept of the game and enjoy many aspects, but they've proven to be approaching development the same way they did with ARK.

Edited by Maticus

Yes upon the last update...we lost 4 parrotes three sheep 4 bears....you want us to tame and use tames but this is getting old old old. What use is it to tame animals if we can't breed them without going elsewhere and all wilds are tiny levels. Only to have them disappear on us?

Edited by Shailiekat

Oh yeah 4 chickens and a monkey or three went missing too. WTH?

Edited by Shailiekat