Sign in to follow this  
Maxi

- +50% tame damage resistance

Why don't you just remove tames from the game already? you literally keep making tames more trash after each patch.

Jep, might as well. I read wolves are getting a nerf in HP and damage as well. I don't see the need for it, they already die quite easily if you are not careful. I actually tamed two very nice high level wolves last night. And now they are about to be nerfed into ground. Seems @Jatheish is just out to chase tamers away from this game. The breeding system is already horrible as well.

I was lured in by the taming skilltree being added. If I knew it would just get marginalized and marginalized I wouldn't have bought this game.

And what kind of stuff do we get as an alternative?

I) A stupid debuff when our characters reach 90 (they already age rediculously fast) so we are forced to do a boring Fountain of Youth quest. I am not playing this game for the questing but to build and tame. I have plenty of other games in which I can go "quest". If anything I would rather see this aging thing removed. It's just a blatant rip off from Chronicles of Elyria which was superficially glued to  some random Ark assets.

II) Being forced to sail from grid to grid exploring identical island for 50 extra levels. I feel very inspired now to explore a world that looks mostly the same just to get more skillpoints to invest in worthless skill lines.

This game already has a 67% negative review score on Steam, I don't see that improving,

Edited by Wolff

7 minutes ago, Wolff said:

Jep, might as well. I read wolves are getting a nerf in HP and damage as well. I don't see the need for it, they already die quite easily if you are not careful. I actually tamed two very nice high level wolves last night. And now they are about to be nerfed into ground. Seems @Jatheish is just out to chase tamers away from this game. The breeding system is already horrible as well.

I was lured in by the taming skilltree being added. If I knew it would just get marginalized and marginalized I wouldn't have bought this game.

And what kind of stuff do we get as an alternative?

I) A stupid debuff when our characters reach 90 (they already age rediculously fast) so we are forced to do a boring Fountain of Youth quest. I am not playing this game for the questing but to build and tame. I have plenty of other games in which I can go "quest". If anything I would rather see this aging thing removed. It's just a blatant rip off from Chronicles of Elyria which was superficially glued to  some random Ark assets.

II) Being forced to sail from grid to grid exploring identical island for 50 extra levels. I feel very inspired now to explore a world that looks mostly the same just to get more skillpoints to invest in worthless skill lines.

This game already has a 67% negative review score on Steam, I don't see that improving,

We love the wolf nerf, they can be nerfed into having 1 hp as much as we care. However they buffed tames by adding 50% more damage resistance, don't understand why is that so bad, thy tame wilt not die now from a single bite of an alpha atleast.

5 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

We love the wolf nerf, they can be nerfed into having 1 hp as much as we care. However they buffed tames by adding 50% more damage resistance, don't understand why is that so bad, thy tame wilt not die now from a single bite of an alpha atleast.

Who is "we"? Are you like the Borg? 😉 Maybe you had too many playthroughs as a Hive Mind in Stellaris? 😄 Otherwise, I don't know who "we" should refer to, nor do I care. Also, I am pretty sure it should be read as everything taking 50% less damage from tames. But after reading this I do agree that it is ambiguously worded.

Edited by Wolff

It's almost as if the DEVs want us to focus on building ships and sailing them instead of staying on land and taming.

I'd actually not mind if they took tames completely out of the game and just left the NPC Crew. It fits the games setting. But if they are going to leave taming in, then they should keep them effective and viable as an option for land defenses or raiding on other islands.

As it is right now, it seems like all the DEVs but one are trying to get rid of taming, but they really need this one DEV to stay so they left them in. However, they are slowly convincing that DEV to give up on taming.

12 minutes ago, kolpo said:

Isn't this actually a buff? +50% resistance for our tames?

Yup it's definitely worded as a buff.

"+50% tame damage resistance"

Edited by Vaenix
Added Patch Note

Devs must be doing something right when the player base starts bitching about buffs.