I have made a few custom maps already and am still currently working on making more. If you want to learn how to do it you can join my stream and follow along, ask questions, and get guidance. There are several other modders and mappers who are in voice chat with me who are also working on this. I can also cover how to setup your map on Nitrado.

Edited by cpjet64
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

So im trying but do 1x1 just not work? Everytime i do it nitrado just reboots it after 30 seconds like its crashing i guess. logs dont tell me either. watching vids now 9 hours >< gonna take a bit

Doing another LIVE STREAM for how to create an Atlas Dedicated Server and Custom Maps. This time I am focusing on making a 1x1 size map. https://www.twitch.tv/cpjet64

• Like 1

Thanks for your effort. Its been really helpful to me and helped make my Christmas better thanks again and hope your holiday is good too!

This is a very misleading thread.  I came here to figure out how to create a map and customize it and instead this thread is just a self promotion to your twitch channel.  There's no direct link to any instructions just your twitch page with has at least 15 previous streams.  I click on one of the videos and all I heard was some heavy breathing followed by "oh look i have almost 200 followers"...  I mean you also said in a reply to your own thread.. " This also includes how to setup a dedicated server from scratch. "  but where???  You don't actually expect everyone to go through all your past streams to find it themselves do you? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Do any of your videos show how to set 2 separate home spawn points? If so which video link? thnx

Guys, this is totally NOT a misleading thread.  I watched until I basically passed out from exhaustion (which cpjet64 should probably have done hours before himself, except he's apparently a machine), and he not only walked us through how to create a new map and how to get it running, he answered every question people had with more patience than I can muster on a good day.  The stream actually crashed at one point, and cpjet64's surprise that we were all still there afterwards is the bit fervid came in on (the hour long video is the tail end of the stream, not the entire session).  I suggest starting with the next to last video (yes, the 7+ hour one, and yes he stated multiple times that he intends to create short walkthrough videos without the Q&A when he gets a chance) and having some patience.  Yes they're long, because he stops to answer people's questions, but they may be questions you've had or will had, so pay attention.  Instructions are in the video; template files can be accessed through the twitch channel commands.  Multiple people got their servers up and running last night thanks to his instructions, so I'd call that pretty legit.  🙂

• Thanks 1

This is about an insane mess! Learn how to set up a stream so that the other fools talking are understandable, or turn them off! And don't make it sound like you have a clue what you're doing when you're doing nothing but trying to learn. You've literally offered NOTHING here!

If you can send me a message, I need some help setting the map up and I can't watch the videos. Keeps saying Twitch machine disconnected, try again later. DM me at Sakura#4975

I will second CICEQI and say CPJET64 is a true hero in helping setup maps and servers, unlike the devs he has helped plenty of people set up their servers and has got the patience of a saint. he was on over 24 hours explaining and learning this himself.

@cpjet64 since you are so amazing, could you confirm if a LAN server is possible or not? It would probably only take you a few seconds to test.

Hey, I am sorry that I am new to streaming I just figured it was the easiest way to get the info to as many people as possible. I will be making videos also. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cpjet64 said:

Hey, I am sorry that I am new to streaming I just figured it was the easiest way to get the info to as many people as possible. I will be making videos also. 

A step by step video would be great.

Take the time to upload this to youtube with the exact instructions and get a million hits GG, other than that, surfin through a 7 hour video sucked. Glad you shared regardless but hot damn..

On 12/24/2018 at 8:19 PM, cpjet64 said:

This also includes how to setup a dedicated server from scratch.

When using your 1x1 map, an error appears after a while.
What could be the problem?

tZUw6VO.jpg

MM4wO1Y.jpg

and

ZGbg90N.jpg

RgDtZGu.jpg

On 2018/12/24 at PM3点33分, cpjet64 said:

我已经制作了一些自定义地图,目前仍在努力制作更多。如果您想学习如何操作,可以加入我的流程并跟进,提出问题并获得指导。还有其他几个模拟器和地图制作者正在与我进行语音聊天,他们也正在研究这个问题。我还可以介绍如何在Nitrado上设置地图。

Could you upload youtube, please? I can't connect twich here.

17 hours ago, DarkEmpire said:

When using your 1x1 map, an error appears after a while.
What could be the problem?

tZUw6VO.jpg

MM4wO1Y.jpg

and

ZGbg90N.jpg

RgDtZGu.jpg

those are all issues with the game itself. sadly there is nothing we can do to fix that atm.

18 hours ago, GrantX said:

Take the time to upload this to youtube with the exact instructions and get a million hits GG, other than that, surfin through a 7 hour video sucked. Glad you shared regardless but hot damn..

Finally made a quick start video for people!!

YOU HAVE TO USE THE ATLASPREPPEDSERVER.RAR that I if you are going to follow this. Otherwise you will probably have config and runtime issues.

18 hours ago, GrantX said:

Finally made a quick start video for people!! I have included the original twitch video and have also uploaded it to youtube due to popular demand. 

https://youtu.be/Sq7KvmGY9Iw

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/354355916

YOU HAVE TO USE THE ATLASPREPPEDSERVER.RAR that I if you are going to follow this. Otherwise you will probably have config and runtime issues.

56 minutes ago, cpjet64 said:

those are all issues with the game itself. sadly there is nothing we can do to fix that atm.

Why doesn't the server crash on standard maps?

I think the problem is in your 1x1 map, or not?

They are a work in progress and remember the official servers are at a much higher release than what unofficial can get. I don't want to seem like an a** but if you don't like it make your own and see if you can do better. If you can then I hope you share the knowledge freely like I have. I am constantly improving the map templates and releasing them through the links I have provided in the streams and videos.

GLHF

I have the 1x1 map and its working great but... i have merchant ships spawning seemingly endlessly. Im wondering if it has anything to do with utc offsets or not. they just keep spawning its like a massive conga line now

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Jayce909 said:

So im trying but do 1x1 just not work? Everytime i do it nitrado just reboots it after 30 seconds like its crashing i guess. logs dont tell me either. watching vids now 9 hours >< gonna take a bit

Message me and Ill help you out made a working 3x3 with powerstones