Dakar

mod Indiaman (BlackPearl and Queen Anne's Revenge)

EDIT : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1646246826

Hi, to my first mod I decide to make an indiaman ship. For exemple, the BlackPearl and the Queen Anne's Revenge from Pirates of the Caribbean are two Indiamen.

Here is a description :

"An Indiaman is a ship of the variable type (galleon, frigate, brick ...), chartered or armed by the English East India Company  or the Dutch East India Company. The Indiamen were designed to carry both passengers and cargo, while having the ability to repel the attack of corsair: their design made it a category of ship apart. At the time of the Napoleonic Wars, some Indiamen carried considerable armament; they were often painted to look like warships.The Indiamen were the largest merchant ships of current construction at the end of the eighteenth and the beginning of the nineteenth century."

Current Stats :

• 3 upper decks
  • 2 lower decks
  • 38 canons max (2 in the bow of the ship, 24 at lower decks and 12 at upper decks)
  • Captain's cabin (with windows)
  • Smaller than a galleon, but bigger than a brigantine
  • Sail units : N/A

What the mod will add?

• Indiaman ship
  • New figurehead
  • More to come

I’m modeling the ship si it's not ready at all, but I can show you some screenshots of my work.  ! STILL IN DEVELOPMENT !

BlackPearlAtlas.thumb.jpg.82550073118dc9b071d1bec00aa31570.jpg

BlackPearlAtlas2.thumb.jpg.102bbfb0878cfd481151978dcdf208f1.jpgBlackPearlAtlas3.thumb.jpg.15155b6cb82ffdac9fd35a744da54673.jpg

Edited by Dakar
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Thanks ! You will see more when the dev kit will be on epic game launcher (3 days to download from the .zip, with a very low and unstable connection :D)

• Like 1

Hey !Little update : trying to sculpt the figurehead of the blackpearl 😉 

Rendu.thumb.jpg.bfac5d17ec4125c5d84d98755b6d52a9.jpg

Edited by Dakar
  • Like 3

Hey ! Another update ! 

I started the game integration but I have a problem. I created all the blueprints related to the ship, I copied those of the galleon, and I change some parameters to fit to the indiaman, but I may have neglected an essential parameter ... The fact is that I managed to create an engram in Advanced Shipwright, but could not create the hull of the ship in the shipyard. If someone kindness to help me, would be very nice to him or her!

• Like 2

have you put the bp for the hull to the shipyard inventory and have you set the inventory in the hull bp primalitem_ship_yourshipname bp as crafting requiement?

ps: If you need someone to test I will be happy to provide. Hope I could help you. if there are other problems can also write me.

Edited by dtmaster
  • Thanks 1

How are you going to do for the ship emergency ladder that is usually bound to the top rear part of the ship ? Wondering considering the shape of this one ^^.

But anyway excellent work on this one, looks really nice and fits the game perfectly ! You're definitely gifted, that's the kind of mod I want to see, tired of those easy no vitamin, super stacking mega weight increase mods... x)

• Thanks 1

Thank you all of you ! 😄 The mod is on a good way ! The first release should not be long 😉 

Edited by Dakar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raving Templarson said:

Have you had the same issues uploading the mod to the workshop 

What problem ? I've noticed nothing

22 hours ago, Dakar said:

What problem ? I've noticed nothing

Any ETA in releasing the ship to the masses ?

I don't prefer to give an ETA and finally push it back because I would have badly dosed the remaining work . Just keep in mind that currently the mod is functional, we have to make adjustments and bug fixes now!

Edited by Dakar

looka much better than any ship in the game so far.... hate the shapes and what people do with the ships

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello, good afternoon ... it's a spectacular job. I'm a construction sick and since I've been playing I've tried to make different designs, but I've never seen anything so amazing and something as desired as Black pearl and anne revenge, there is some MOD link, I would appreciate You could provide it to test it, thank you very much. I await your news DAKAR.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1