Sign in to follow this  
Dragonchampion

(DEV RESPONSE) The reason for the removal of elephant wood weight reduction, and what we might see to make up for it.

Their reasoning is wrong and they need to admit that instead of buffing general carry weight on elephants and making them the optimal tame for all gathering situations

Lets hope they change their minds on this, especially with the 2x event coming up (Why is this not in the patch notes anyway?)

Yes , they at least should have compensate by adding more weight but NOOOO , they give us nothing ! PvE got the shaft again .

Right now a human can have same carry as an elephant and even better than giraffe , what the hell is that . 

Whoever made wacky change on Ark is clearly taking charge here .

Simple answer to this nonsense is to just put a large tame debuff on boats carrying large tames. Slow the boat down if you are hauling tames around. This stupid stuff combined with the horribad breeding biome restriction is making a portion of the game completely stupid to even look into.

Weren't they just talking about knee jerk reactions?  People getting a little extra weight on boats is not the kind of exploit you nerf taming into the ground over....

Edited by Archsenex

really straight forward. Removed the weight reduction. increase base weight to x4 current weight. whilst they are messing with elephants they should really sort out the stamina. real life elephants walk miles to find water. My elephant has a light jog for 17 feet and needs a 5 minute stamina break.  would love for them to either double the stamina or double the recharge rate.

what about rhino then is that going to get same treatment ? as that has always been useless tame

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

Weren't they just talking about knee jerk reactions?  People getting a little extra weight on boats is not the kind of exploit you nerf taming into the ground over....

Thats what I'm Saying...  Man these guys are saying one thing and doing the exact opposite.

59 minutes ago, RamboMcCoolio said:

really straight forward. Removed the weight reduction. increase base weight to x4 current weight. whilst they are messing with elephants they should really sort out the stamina. real life elephants walk miles to find water. My elephant has a light jog for 17 feet and needs a 5 minute stamina break.  would love for them to either double the stamina or double the recharge rate.

All tames need a TLC or what ever pass honestly.  Other than the Ele, Bear, rhino. which are ok not really that great.  Every thing else is just MEH and not worth the time even taming.  Let alone the dam points just to ride them.  Better to spend those points on everyone learning explosive barrels and just jihadi everything.

I guess the game isnt grindly enough for them.  We all need to quit our jobs to farm for 10min of fun apparently.

Edited by Choppstick

lol Jihadi pirating, that would be a site to behold. 20 pirates board a ship, 1 cannon shot blows them to pieces along with the ship. kinda sounds like fun 🙂

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

You must be new into gaming...

don't get mad bro, it's a sarcasm.

2 hours ago, diazkincade said:

Simple answer to this nonsense is to just put a large tame debuff on boats carrying large tames. Slow the boat down if you are hauling tames around. This stupid stuff combined with the horribad breeding biome restriction is making a portion of the game completely stupid to even look into.

It's not needed. Tames on boats was never an issue. Elephant weight reduction removal is just a stupid fix to a non-existing problem.

considering how only those who skilled tame riding can farm with them, the tames should have some certain viability

rhino should be for stone/metal, elephant for wood/thatch, bear for fiber is kinda fine (fiber doesnt weight much after all)

tames shouldnt be the center of attention like in ARK, but shouldnt be useless as well!

Over 3 hours yesterday with two us taming a high level Elephant and hauling it right across the map to find that as of this afternoon I have nothing better than a garden wheelbarrow with a trunk. FFS, stupid STUPID decision @Jatheish @Dollie this needs to be re-thought. I know you don't want taming to be a major part of the game, but if you're going to screw over every single animal that actually has a use, then you may as well remove taming (or even animals) completely.

15 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Maybe weight reduction for certain animals should be added to the Beastmastery skill tree?

but then if u dont take them all tames remain rubbish so good idea but not rally good for long term happiness

This is bullshit. If you dont want taming to be a major part of the game then just fucking remove it and buff player gathering.
As it stands, there's no reason to bother taming anymore, most tames beyond Bear and Elephant are already useless...
FFS

7 hours ago, Maxi said:

Gotta love PVE "fixes" FING the game for everyone else.

You can't really say it's PVEers versus everyone else - it's PVEers versus PVPers.  Funny thing is, you rarely find any PVEers who want to log into a PVP server to do things that mess with the PVP players, while it's very easy to find PVPers running around the PVE servers making life miserable for PVE players.  

But to answer your comment, it's because you shouldn't have one set of rules of both PVP and PVE versions of any game, it's foolish.  They are not the same game with a few limits added, they are different game experiences and styles with different goals and reasons to play.  You can't tell me it's hard to have different mechanics in place for them, that argument is just an excuse for developers not putting more time and work into creating both versions of their games.  I don't expect that at EA launch, but after a lot of work has gone in they should be able to start working toward good experiences for both types of players, it makes financial sense and they are doing this to make money.

I cant believe they would do this, i understand the premise from the get go to not make atlas focus on tames like ark but then why allow you to go through the insanely difficult and tedious process of sailing for specific food, sailing for specific islands to find tames, the arduous taming process only for them to not be worth a damn. This nerf for elephants needs to be reversed plain and simple and rhinos need a stone reduction, and we need something for thatch as well (giraffe?), otherwise take out high level taming all together and increase the rates to 2x over baseline permanently. If this isnt done you guys are going to turn alot of people off from playing your game that JUST CAME OUT, and i will be one of them.

22 hours ago, tateybread said:

This is bullshit. If you dont want taming to be a major part of the game then just fucking remove it and buff player gathering.
As it stands, there's no reason to bother taming anymore, most tames beyond Bear and Elephant are already useless...
FFS

You need to get a horse, they are great for exploring 😉 decent stamina, good speed and a pretty good weight on the higher levels.