Dragonchampion

I cannot defend the removal of elephant wood weight reduction.

If they want this to be a different game they are failing. If you don't want animals to be the end game for pvp and combat that's fine. But if you want this to be a pirate game focused on exploration and ships make gathering easier. Give the animals weight reduction. Make them good for harvesting and carrying. I don't care if my elephant an rhino can take on mythical creatures it's not what they are for. But they should have enough health and weight to help me gather materials so it doesn't take me a week to replace one sunken ship. I played for 5 hours yesterday just gathering resources so I could defend our base against wild animals so I didn't have to worry about getting attacked at my house. Give the elephant back his wood reductions, give the rhino metal and stone weight reduction, make the giraffe actually better than gathering thatch by hand. Let us have assistance in building up for those small groups that aren't 200+ people in one company.

Especially before you release an alternative like that crab to transport heavy loads. 

4 hours ago, asukarei25 said:

having 300+hrs in their are many things still wrong with tames and other issues. but nerfing elephants weight reduction better come with a huge weight carry buff to the animals. if not they will be completely and utterly useless.. so I say everyone who reads this needs to upvote this post to make sure they hear your cries. but this nerf is a catch 22 (damned if you do, damned if you don't) I really honestly don't see anything positive coming from nerfing the elephants unless there is some sort of counter balance, which is not included in the patch notes btw. so I say to all who will read this.. upvote this to the top so the dev's know this is a VERY BAD move. they say they read the forums.. lets find out. 

Bump

PATCH V15 "- Removed Elephant having weight reduction for Wood."

literally, elephants are now useless bro

they nerfed the elephants, they are useless now. we gonna trade our elephant for some hatchets. anyone interested? they were pretty bad, but now they are useless. bad stamina and no weight reduction anymore

kind regards

• Like 2

I lost 1 Sloop and almost 1 Schooner on the way to get Wheat, It took us really many hours to get Elephants .... We already lost 2 because of stupid op Alphas... instead of nerfing Alphas they nerf one of the only usefull tames in the Game. Thanks a lot, now I will respec and only use Tier 2 riding and taming and stick with Wolfes and Bears.

the elephant's carry weight is already less than the bear's so tell me why does it make sense to let a bear carry more then a elephant? the elephants are perfect right now they're not overpowered and they're not underpowered they're in the perfect spot and if you remove the wood weight reduction they become as useless if not more so then the giraffe and rhino. 

• Like 1

Can we at least get an alternative of some sort so we can carry a decent amount of material? Like some sort of cargo wagon or anything that can carry a decent amount of weight. Making it more and more difficult for the solo and small groups of players to gather materials. I run out get 500 on wood or stone and have to go straight back. At least with the elephant I could almost come back with 2000. I just don't understand all these weight nerfs and no other solution to carry heavy materials.

Yah I don't understand the purpose of these animals if they can't carry more weight then my own character again. Can a dev please explain to us what your thought process on these weight nerfs are? 

Useless Devs with useless ideas, Waterspouts still don't work for most players, you cannot fill water skins or canteens, and now this Elephant Nerf, I mean why the f I cant carry 1000 wood in my Elephant with 800 weight!!!!!???????????????

1 hour ago, conditionalChaos said:

If they want this to be a different game they are failing. If you don't want animals to be the end game for pvp and combat that's fine. But if you want this to be a pirate game focused on exploration and ships make gathering easier. Give the animals weight reduction. Make them good for harvesting and carrying. I don't care if my elephant an rhino can take on mythical creatures it's not what they are for. But they should have enough health and weight to help me gather materials so it doesn't take me a week to replace one sunken ship. I played for 5 hours yesterday just gathering resources so I could defend our base against wild animals so I didn't have to worry about getting attacked at my house. Give the elephant back his wood reductions, give the rhino metal and stone weight reduction, make the giraffe actually better than gathering thatch by hand. Let us have assistance in building up for those small groups that aren't 200+ people in one company.

ever since man used animals to help them build harvest or haul. why shouldn't pirates do the same to fix or build their ships.

it doesn't make any effing sense when a bear can carry more than an elephant from the get go. so yes, give the elephant some weight reduction on wood or raise it's carrying weight but then it can  carry even more of anything.

this nerf is completely bogus and is just another indication for copy 'n paste actions. take the Mammoth from ARK re-skin it and bam: there's your elephant.

tame more horses and lvl them in weight when you got an elephant to gather. since it's yield is higher and there's no wear and tear on it use it for logging and haul your harvest with horses. little more clicking and a bit slower in general but let the horses bring the servers down :)

If there is anything they should nerf? Those frkkin vultures! And not just their agro, but nrs too. Holy shit, they are bad now 🤨

2 hours ago, The Avatar DC said:

Assuming they were supposed to have it Elephants dont have wood weight reduction anymore

Not a bug, read the patch note of the v15

"- Increased harvest amount of fur and milk from Sheep and Cow to incentivise taming and better compete with natural resource gathering amounts. Updated max yield timings to scale with creature level, similar to other creature abilities, instead of food value."

and in this case, that doest work.

all I gotta say is wow... I wasn't expecting this to be the #1 upvoted topic in just 1 day... these upvotes speak HUGE volume to what the community is all about.. all I can say is wow guys. thanks for the support I really hope the devs listen to this and really think to themselves about "yeah I think we screwed up on this one"