Dragonchampion

I cannot defend the removal of elephant wood weight reduction.

After spending 4 hours travelling to get an elephant and using it ONLY for gathering wood, and almost having it die to an alpha Snake, I cannot in good faith call the "nerf", for that's what it is, to elephants a good thing, or defend it at all.

This is a foolish choice that completely ruins the reason to tame an elephant. Sure, you can maybe hold a stack more than a player, but what's the point? The bear holds more weight and can defend itself far easier than an elephant, is faster, has a better turn radius, and is a far, FAR easier tame.

Please, if there is ANY chance to go back on this decision, please, do it. Elephants were the reason I didn't mind not finding any axe blueprints. I knew I could just use my elephant instead.

Edited by Dragonchampion
  • Like 20

1 minute ago, Dragonchampion said:

Please, if there is ANY chance to go back on this decision, please, do it

no chance, devs are crashing this plane with no survivors

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Me on their official discord 

maximiliousToday at 11:29 PM

playerbase asks for stone weight reduction for rhinos... devs remove wood weight reduction for elephants 4Head BIG BRAINZ
  • Like 6

I was shocked about this too! The irony was, I was wondering why the rhino has no reduced weight for stone and was hoping they would add it soon but now this? Pls don´t do it!!!

• Like 2

Yes I traveled to find wheat seeds.  Took the trek up north. got the elephant {long tame} Brought him back home.. had a alpha snake spawn in where it shouldn't in a closed in barn...... Went back up with my wheat. got another.. got him home to use.. got like 3 loads, and now its nerffed. Come on guys if you don't want us taming plz just remove it from the talent trees!

• Like 3

I'd swear they use blindfolds, darts and grain alcohol to come up with their 'ideas' for 'fixing' things.

• Like 3

I am Loving this game, But they are rly turning me off from it.. And that sucks bad. Like i said just take taming out if they don't want us using them..

Edited by Peggy Piggns
  • Like 2

They will not revert the nerf , this is the same in Ark , people got upset when dev suddenly nerf a tame that nobody asked for and they know we can't do anything as they already got the money .

Carrot and stick gent .

1 minute ago, Malfunktion said:

What was their reasoning?

"ATLAS isn’t a taming orientated game. Yes, we have it, and we plan to expand on it, as well as introduce more creatures for you add to your arsenal, however, the creatures themselves are meant to be supplemental and not the main focal point."

2 minutes ago, Nari said:

"ATLAS isn’t a taming orientated game. Yes, we have it, and we plan to expand on it, as well as introduce more creatures for you add to your arsenal, however, the creatures themselves are meant to be supplemental and not the main focal point."

Creatures help me get sailing not chopping wood simulator. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nari said:

oh, it isn't supplemental when it helps you get wood/resources easier and, yes, faster also ?

what is their understanding of supplemental then ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfunktion said:

Creatures help me get sailing not chopping wood simulator. 

I'm in the same boat buddy. I want there to be a point to carrying over these mechanics. You asked for their logic, that is it.

The game would be great if the randomly whimsical Devs didn't try to fix or improve things. 😄  EVERYTHING they have "adjusted" breaks at least one extra thing and the adjustment never helps in the first place.

• Like 2

The animals do not farm far enough, whether bull, rhino, elephant or giraffe. The only meaningful taim seems to be the Bear and the Wolf. Judging by the effort, this is a pity and only leads to a frustrating gaming experience.

15 minutes ago, Lilith said:

The animals do not farm far enough, whether bull, rhino, elephant or giraffe. The only meaningful taim seems to be the Bear and the Wolf. Judging by the effort, this is a pity and only leads to a frustrating gaming experience.

and cow for the milk 😛 

supplemental for tames is just that htey help us farm not do less than we can ....

if i didnt have so much time wasted farming i would have completed my brig by now and be out sailing the bloody thing adventuring etc , but no got to spend 2 - 3 days just famring for it and doing nothing else 

• Like 2

Yea I really don't get the point of this update to elephants and was also hoping there would be some slight increase to rhino weight and reduction on stone and metal. I realize they said they didn't want this game to be "all about taming" which I get but it's really not, the tames are used to increase productivity so you can build a base, cannons, mortars, ships etc quicker and get to sailing. Now it's a step backwards and it's all about taking a bunch of extra trips back and forth to the trees. I wish they would fix the breeding system as well. Not everyone wants to just spend their time sailing and shooting fire arrows at peoples boats when people are offline.

I have seen talk about using them for combat as a big use but imo they are alright-ish at best in combat, I certainly wouldn't use an elephant,  but with the current meta of fire arrows I wouldn't use any mounts except for wolfs/tigers and maybe bears for the offline cannon cart raid meta, it also doesn't take much for an alpha to kill them... or for a few wild high level animals for that matter.

• Like 1

On our server we don't want to change to much. But I guess we may just have to set the weight stat to silly levels and do 5x gathering to offset this. No point in spending a couple days to build a scooner to go out and have some fun pvp in after giving us the ability to do it in a couple hours, not days with tames.

• Like 1

Beautiful... pages over pages about concerns the playerbase has for example about alphas, wildlife, flags or exploits... and the reaction seems to be to add an alpha Dolphin 😛 

Edited by Grongash
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Grongash said:

Beatiful... pages over pages about concerns the playerbase has for example about alphas, wildlife, flags or exploits... and the reaction seems to be to add an alpha Dolphin 😛 

they've been blindfolded ever since they've released ARK as Early Access. their learning curve in regard of playerbase is a flatline at best. imho it's a steep southward one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Same conclusion as on Ark. Only play on own servers and revert the supid decissions of the dev with mods... 

sad but true

• Like 3

Have to agree here this is one of the dumbest things they've done yet.  Tames are "ALREADY"  Pretty MEH.  Help some but nothing like ARK.  Now more of a nerf.  Why not just remove tames all together.  Its not just this weight nerf on the ele.  Look at all the taming aspect nerfs in this patch.  Its already a PITA to tame.  Some are even soul sucking monsters that once done are one of those I just wasted that time.  And now there going to make it even MORE tedious and soul sucking.  DIDNT they just say in the live stream they didnt wana make things more tedious or 2nd Job ish...  WTF

Good news though they might have finally fixed the ostrich.  So you don't have to back into things to attack them...

Edited by Choppstick
  • Like 2

Time to respec and abandon Taming, sadly.  I was up to Tier 3 but was hanging on until they improved the durability and utility of the tames...  Well, THAT ain't going to happen.  What an utter and complete waste of a skill tree!

• Like 2