Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

Friday night and only 24k players out of 4 servers x 40k players not good

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Wow... another uninformed post about how the game is dying.  

In my experience with sandbox MMOs like this, there is usually a 50% drop in population within the first month.  This is because of the "OOOH SHINY" kids that buy the new game because its new, then the vanish after a few weeks to go back to DOTA, WOW, PUBG or FORTNIGHT because that is what they do.  They generally have Steam game folders packed with hundreds of games that they have played for a few dozen hours maybe a hundred hours.    

When you get older you will understand there is more to those numbers than just a "toxic" community... lol this community isnt anything compared to EVE. Where the devs tell you to HTFU!

People STILL citing EVE. guess what when Eve FIRST came out the numbers were shit. They didnt have 20K people playing it. But they made positive changes and the numbers grew then more and more people got multiple accounts. I think they peaked about a year before I stopped playing. Now theyre back down quite a bit again. But its still the same scenario multiple accounts making it look like a lot more people on.

This game may have already peaked. We will see I guess. but right now in the current pattern the numbers are dropping each and every day more or less.

Private servers are definitely helping and once the mod kit releases that could be a game changer in overall numbers too. But finding a private server that is big enough, has the right settings and isnt corrupt is going to be a severe challenge. But one might exist somewhere by then.

But to these guys I dont think its about overall numbers anyway as long as they can keep the core streamers they have had playing it (after the 'bigger' streamers all left a couple weeks ago) they will be happy. I think as long as they can have 20-30K viewers a day watching theyre going to be happy.(right now there are 9200 people) Not sure of that line of thinking but it makes about as much sense as anything else does.

Burke has left the official and is on an RP that might get him to play another couple weeks then he will be gone and he is the biggest streamer of this game even though he plays in the middle of the night (US) Mehdi is number 2 NA streamer right now he is staying on official but his overall viewer numbers are dropping as he continues to play this but he will still keep some crossover numbers which will help him tread water. Havent seen the Chinese streamer in a few days not sure if he is done or not but he is actually the number one guy overall (*when he is streaming).

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

goggle it "World of Warcraft Subscription Numbers Reportedly Revealed

Key word....

REPORTEDLY

re·port·ed·ly
/rəˈpôrdədlē/
adverb

1. according to what some say (used to express the speaker's belief that the information given is not necessarily true)

11 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Its not fixed... 

explain! i have a neighbour on my isle and he claimed 70% of that island. i wanna sink his ships (PVE server). he is a pure greedy ashole

Elder Scrolls Online is the only game in recent times to have more players playing post launch than at launch. 

Just now, TheCoolGuy said:

explain! i have a neighbour on my isle and he claimed 70% of that island. i wanna sink his ships (PVE server). he is a pure greedy ashole

Then play PvP. You’re the mess everyone is talking about on the forums. 

2 minutes ago, rodarin said:

People STILL citing EVE. guess what when Eve FIRST came out the numbers were shit. They didnt have 20K people playing it. But they made positive changes and the numbers grew then more and more people got multiple accounts. I think they peaked about a year before I stopped playing. Now theyre back down quite a bit again. But its still the same scenario multiple accounts making it look like a lot more people on.

This game may have already peaked. We will see I guess. but right now in the current pattern the numbers are dropping each and every day more or less.

Private servers are definitely helping and once the mod kit releases that could be a game changer in overall numbers too. But finding a private server that is big enough, has the right settings and isnt corrupt is going to be a severe challenge. But one might exist somewhere by then.

But to these guys I dont think its about overall numbers anyway as long as they can keep the core streamers they have had playing it (after the 'bigger' streamers all left a couple weeks ago) they will be happy. I think as long as they can have 20-30K viewers a day watching theyre going to be happy.(right now there are 9200 people) Not sure of that line of thinking but it makes about as much sense as anything else does.

Burke has left the official and is on an RP that might get him to play another couple weeks then he will be gone and he is the biggest streamer of this game even though he plays in the middle of the night (US) Mehdi is number 2 NA streamer right now he is staying on official but his overall viewer numbers are dropping as he continues to play this but he will still keep some crossover numbers which will help him tread water. Havent seen the Chinese streamer in a few days not sure if he is done or not but he is actually the number one guy overall (*when he is streaming).

Yes. But I’m not surprised. Early game is always fun. A couple of days ago I saw Timmac build a schooner for 4 hours (tuning in every now and then) that’s boring as hell. The streamer count will never return. 

1 minute ago, Percieval said:

Then play PvP. You’re the mess everyone is talking about on the forums. 

shut up you nolife loser. nobody wants to talk to you. remove yourself

Those of us who prefer PvE, at least while learning the game, see that other player as a coward too scared to play his preferred game on PvP with the big dogs.

shut up you nolife loser. nobody wants to talk to you. remove yourself

You admit that it’s true? 

3 minutes ago, rodarin said:

Never know, Fortnight struggled after launch then grew... PUBG was big... fell, then grew again, now is stable.  

As for Streamers... I dont watch streams, they make no sense to me unless I am wanting to see if a game is decent before I buy it.   Even then I watch Youtube.  

Streamers are part of the problem... most are what I call "locusts" and they go from fresh new product ot the next product for the viewer numbers.  And that is it.   They hope to make it big and sit at home all day playing games in their little rooms.  

Just now, Percieval said:

You admit that it’s true? 

i dont even know what are you talking about mr no life 24/7 forum spammer. get a life loser

i dont even know what are you talking about mr no life 24/7 forum spammer. get a life loser

I’m laying on the couch watching football, I’m having a blast. But yeah, you know where I was talking about. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m laying on the couch watching football, I’m having a blast. But yeah, you know where I was talking about. Thanks. 

4000 spam posts in the next 2 weeks? possible for you right? spamming forum and watching football. now we all know what a low iq retard you are. thank you for that information.

1 minute ago, TheCoolGuy said:

4000 spam posts in the next 2 weeks? possible for you right? spamming forum and watching football. now we all know what a low iq retard you are. thank you for that information.

Haha, atleast I'm not a griefer like you are. You're the toxic people are talking about over the last 3 weeks. What a shame they 'half-patched' it.

26 minutes ago, rodarin said:

no kidding but when the launch numbers were a joke and this is a B2P game that old thought process isnt the same as when everyone played the first 30 days because the box price included the first 30 days for free. if the game was any good at all numbers would have probably gone up. They actually ptobably should have because they 'fixed' the biggest issue of the initial complaints...performance. More or less. People spreading out and going all around helped some but performance as a whole definitely got better. But I guess technically numbers did go up for the first week. They peaked at a little over 58K, since then the numbers have gone down and down and the closest they go to 50K (once they failed to reach that number) is 44130 since that spike they havent broken 40K. Now theyre barely getting above 30K. Tonight should be the biggest spike as there is a massive storm coming through the whole east half of the US and its a Saturday. sitting at about 500 less than the 24 hour peak right now at barely over 30K. Last Sat and Sun did much better than Fri, that was the 44130 I mentioned above.

This game isn't launched, it's EA, The fact it peaked at 58k, for me is a shock. I wasn't expecting more than 5k - 10k imho.

The numbers are droping cause people just don't understand what EA is, they threw money at a game in desperation for new game to play then got upset and expected the Devs to insta fix everything and the game to run better than some AAA titles do.

There's 2 years to go and imho they've changed a lot in a few weeks. Complaints and criticism are welcome, but threads that just spread doom and gloom or tell the devs they're F-ing stupid, do nothing at all,.

People will leave, but will be back again down the road, i just wished people thought about that before throwing money at a game imho

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheCoolGuy said:

I think its funny how you call yourself "THECOOLGUY" and you are losing your cool.  GJ on getting trolled.  

• Like 1

Just now, Hodo said:

I think its funny how you call yourself "THECOOLGUY" and you are losing your cool.  GJ on getting trolled.  

I think he meant that he was 'cool' instead of keeping his cool. Well he proved both wrong didn't he.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hodo said:

the only guy who is getting trolled is you by my name. lol owned.

If BattlEye ever gets off its' butt and decides to upgrade its product to work with Insider Builds I'll be playing every day.

Today's Insider Build is April's Spring Release... I'd hate to see the gaming world in May if this isn't fixed, considering how many titles use BattlEye.

Also, given that Microsoft is dropping all support for Win7 next year, Games that use BattlEye will soon become Win8.1 only games.

numbers will go even more down as more people get other things to play,  next 2 months alot of good games coming out, the thing that will bring back people is when they announce a wipe then its another land rush ,but thats ways off it seems as so many issues atm they need to iron out : claims-overlapping-way too much aggro on some places-pve griefing-bad reporting system-they are not banning people that have been reported over and over-overweigth/sinking of ships (yes it still happens) , and more

Also yes early acess and they said 2 years of development , so its gonna be a bumpy ride , play and do what you like and well if its dead its dead at least till a major update and influx population comes in again to see the new stuff

6 minutes ago, Herasea said:

This game isn't launched, it's EA, The fact it peaked at 58k, for me is a shock. I wasn't expecting more than 5k - 10k imho.

The numbers are droping cause people just don't understand what EA is, they threw money at a game in desperation for new game to play then got upset and expected the Devs to insta fix everything and the game to run better than some AAA titles do.

There's 2 years to go and imho they've changed a lot in a few weeks. Complaints and criticism are welcome, but threads that just spread doom and gloom or tell the devs they're F-ing stupid, do nothing at all,.

People will leave, but will be back again down the road, i just wished people thought about that before throwing money at a game imho

EA isnt the excuse for everything. ARK was massive (once people heard about it) but the performance and optimization for that game was horrendous (especially for PCs that werent mid to higher end). It still isnt that well optimized but its obviously better after 3 or 4 years. So to think the makers of that game (with the same jaded people good and bad) couldnt sell a couple hundred thousand copies of an MMO (the first MMO in forever that was made by a developer with any sort of qualifications) is pretty naive.

As I said I thought they would sell 200 maybe 250K copies. I dont think they sold 100K, and if they did I think a thousand or more refunded due to the issues. Its an MMO and it released GLOBALLY simultaneously. Meaning anyone anywhere could buy it you didnt have to wait for some trash Korean game to be 'westernized'. They also put it immediately 5 bucks off. Which for some people is a big deal and a 30 dollar game for 25 is worth it just to have in the library.

People also dont understand that EA also means 'playable' and during most games who have this sell just about all the copies theyre going to. I highly doubt that when ARK 'officially' released the numbers suddenly ballooned. In fact I think they got lower. Even with 'new' content and 'new' servers. So launch day was a disaster the new update in Oct saw a much larger spike in population and the expansion this past Nov saw pops double and they reached the highest numbers they have ever seen (for a very short time).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheCoolGuy said:

the only guy who is getting trolled is you by my name. lol owned.

I don't think you fully understand what that word means.  Please just stop.  

13 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Do the math the numbers are dropping and fast. Its not all the devs fault a big chuck of this drop is YOU the toxic community. 

friday numbers drop.jpg

The game is too hard. We lose to much and gain too little.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stabby said:

The game is too hard. We lose to much and gain too little.

Its your fault your not in a company big enough to have a fair shot how does that make you feel?

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Its your fault your not in a company big enough to have a fair shot how does that make you feel?

It makes me feel... like... laughing at your stupid guild name and pointing out the fact that you only have one member. Kthanksbye.

lawl.jpg

1 minute ago, Stabby said:

It makes me feel... like... laughing at your stupid guild name and pointing out the fact that you only have one member. Kthanksbye.

lawl.jpg

Dont judge him for having a RP company.   And they are ninjas... you cant see the others in his company otherwise they wouldnt be good ninjas!