Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

Friday night and only 24k players out of 4 servers x 40k players not good

Do the math the numbers are dropping and fast. Its not all the devs fault a big chuck of this drop is YOU the toxic community. 

friday numbers drop.jpg

Edited by Scorpionshawn

its only natural, the numbers will go up on bigger patches again and decline again.

also the amount of land/space on a official servercluster cannot take 40k players, of course people drop out if it is too cramped to play. i guess 10k is the max a official servercluster can take to maintain a healthy environment but at 5k its probably the best balance of player density.

maybe they can manage to host multiple maps on one server later (for example 4 maps merged into one server grid with 150 player limit) and host more and lower density servers to give more space to players. it works extremely well on private servers to cut player and npc numbers per map by 75%. private servers can already handle 4 times as many island on a map without running into trouble on the ram usage it seems a good way for the officials as well.

Edited by Linea

There are as many people in piqua Kentucky than there is in this game right now and no besides people who live there ever heard of that place lol

Edited by Scorpionshawn

Well, i was very short before leaving as well.

But finally the insanity of the devs seems to have been cured.

Overweight fix was a good move and allowing beds in lawless bases too.

If they follow this path and start fixing alpha packs, fast freeport decay, claiming and offline ship sinking/stealing this can still become the game of the decade.

Important is that they patch PRO player fun and not like in december making players life pure hell and doing their best to drive them away from Atlas.

Edited by Talono

13 minutes ago, Talono said:

Its not fixed... 

Weve been waiting a week for a GM to remove all the Shipyards the chinese used to lock us all in a harbor. While were waiting they are bringing SOTD in with rafts hitting them with Hatchets using them to destroy all of the boats in the harbor they blocked. GM's have done nothing. 

Edited by Malfunktion

3 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Its not all the devs fault a big chuck of this drop is YOU the toxic community

nah dude this is really all the devs fault. terrible launch, each patch makes the game worse, nothing being done about cheating... the community is toxic because the development decisions are toxic

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, strawman said:

nah dude this is really all the devs fault. terrible launch, each patch makes the game worse, nothing being done about cheating... the community is toxic because the development decisions are toxic

Not every patch makes the game worse, it adds new problems but certainly doesn’t make the game worse. And there is something going on against cheating. If we must believe them they’ve banned 300 people so far and wiped some companies. Why they’re not doing anything against BB is beyond me. 

8 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Not every patch makes the game worse, it adds new problems but certainly doesn’t make the game worse

i'll give you that v14 didn't make the game worse but the patch that added SOTD, the tame nerf, the firearms nerf, now the elephant nerf - patches are not something to look forward to in this game

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, strawman said:

i'll give you that v14 didn't make the game worse but the patch that added SOTD, the tame nerf, the firearms nerf, now the elephant nerf - patches are not something to look forward to in this game

The patch that added the SOTD was good, it was a few patches later when they tweaked the resource respawn rate when some places had a lot of SOTD and others almost none. Gladly they fixed that. And all the others except for the elephant nerf I can understand.

5 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Do the math the numbers are dropping and fast. Its not all the devs fault a big chuck of this drop is YOU the toxic community. 

Do you even play the game anymore?  All I ever see from you is OMG DOOOOOM THE GAME IS DEAD OMG drama posts.

While I agree this specific forum has a lot of toxic and self entitled players posting on it, that's hardly the reason players are leaving.

AS I said in other posts about this..

It is how Early Access usually goes..

Start with a big burst of people who jump on the hype train then a ton leave because they have no idea what Early access is about.. a few more leave because they just don't like the game.

Then you are left with the core base of players who enjoy testing and finding bugs and also enjoy the game.. pop will average out and increase when the devs release big game changing patches and then drop back down.

ITs the same with nearly every Early access game.. there are some exceptions of course but not many.

3 minutes ago, Caldrin said:

AS I said in other posts about this..

It is how Early Access usually goes..

Start with a big burst of people who jump on the hype train then a ton leave because they have no idea what Early access is about.. a few more leave because they just don't like the game.

Then you are left with the core base of players who enjoy testing and finding bugs and also enjoy the game.. pop will average out and increase when the devs release big game changing patches and then drop back down.

ITs the same with nearly every Early access game.. there are some exceptions of course but not many.

Yes, but people don’t seem to understand that. They expect this game to maintain launch numbers. 

Same when extinction launched, they had 80-90K players now theyre back at 40-50K. That’s just how it goes. 

Edited by Percieval

Problem with a lot of these theories is the game never got above 60K so there was never even a 'burst' of players. There were probably a thousand or so refunds (despite the mass bombing on Steam) which is still a very high number. Game peaked at 58K and change and hasnt broken 50K in 2 weeks. Low end numbers have also tanked. SO people from all time zones have left it.

But I dont think this game sold 100K copies if it did it wasnt many more. For an MMO (EA or not) is laughable. Especially one that has been bought and promoted so much on twitch. And where over 200K people were watching various streamers on the night it was supposed to originally launch. Now most of those streamers (who have played through worse) are citing stuff thats been going on since launch as to why theyre now suddenly going to private servers and abandoning officials. I suspect thats no coincidence and their 'contracts' are up and theyre just looking to finish them out or make it seem like theyre not getting paid.

But its another example of decent ideas horrible implementation and horrible changes.

People knew though. But with Wildcard being in the mix thats no great feat.

I suppose if someone had a full sized map and a few thousand people who were consistent it could come close to the potential that movie they called in game footage promised. But right now its a broken mess thats getting hacked and exploited all over the place. I told people who thought Battle Eye was  going to 'fix' things wouldnt. If anything its gotten worse.

• Like 1

No game EVER maintains launch numbers.  People who use the argument that "numbers have dropped since launch" are idiots.  😄

5 hours ago, Coggage said:

No game EVER maintains launch numbers.  People who use the argument that "numbers have dropped since launch" are idiots.  😄

no kidding but when the launch numbers were a joke and this is a B2P game that old thought process isnt the same as when everyone played the first 30 days because the box price included the first 30 days for free. if the game was any good at all numbers would have probably gone up. They actually ptobably should have because they 'fixed' the biggest issue of the initial complaints...performance. More or less. People spreading out and going all around helped some but performance as a whole definitely got better. But I guess technically numbers did go up for the first week. They peaked at a little over 58K, since then the numbers have gone down and down and the closest they go to 50K (once they failed to reach that number) is 44130 since that spike they havent broken 40K. Now theyre barely getting above 30K. Tonight should be the biggest spike as there is a massive storm coming through the whole east half of the US and its a Saturday. sitting at about 500 less than the 24 hour peak right now at barely over 30K. Last Sat and Sun did much better than Fri, that was the 44130 I mentioned above.

5 hours ago, rodarin said:

Problem with a lot of these theories is the game never got above 60K so there was never even a 'burst' of players. There were probably a thousand or so refunds (despite the mass bombing on Steam) which is still a very high number. Game peaked at 58K and change and hasnt broken 50K in 2 weeks. Low end numbers have also tanked. SO people from all time zones have left it.

But I dont think this game sold 100K copies if it did it wasnt many more. For an MMO (EA or not) is laughable. Especially one that has been bought and promoted so much on twitch. And where over 200K people were watching various streamers on the night it was supposed to originally launch. Now most of those streamers (who have played through worse) are citing stuff thats been going on since launch as to why theyre now suddenly going to private servers and abandoning officials. I suspect thats no coincidence and their 'contracts' are up and theyre just looking to finish them out or make it seem like theyre not getting paid.

But its another example of decent ideas horrible implementation and horrible changes.

People knew though. But with Wildcard being in the mix thats no great feat.

I suppose if someone had a full sized map and a few thousand people who were consistent it could come close to the potential that movie they called in game footage promised. But right now its a broken mess thats getting hacked and exploited all over the place. I told people who thought Battle Eye was  going to 'fix' things wouldnt. If anything its gotten worse.

I agree with this statement 100% I dont want to see the game fail but the devs are casting a small net and not a wide one. That is prof with every troll backlash when someone points out issues with this game. Its not damage control its just damage!

11 hours ago, Talono said:

Well, i was very short before leaving as well.

But finally the insanity of the devs seems to have been cured.

If they follow this path and start fixing alpha packs, fast freeport decay, claiming and offline ship sinking/stealing this can still become the game of the decade.

Important is that they patch PRO player fun and not like in december making players life pure hell and doing their best to drive them away from Atlas.

Yeah they need to fix the stuff but it would never even be game of the month let alone game of the decade. They would literally have to do everything differently and make a new game for it to be that good

5 hours ago, Coggage said:

Really? What about Red Dead 2? World of Warcraft? Star Citizen? 

12 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

friday numbers drop.jpg

Wow... another uninformed post about how the game is dying.  

In my experience with sandbox MMOs like this, there is usually a 50% drop in population within the first month.  This is because of the "OOOH SHINY" kids that buy the new game because its new, then the vanish after a few weeks to go back to DOTA, WOW, PUBG or FORTNIGHT because that is what they do.  They generally have Steam game folders packed with hundreds of games that they have played for a few dozen hours maybe a hundred hours.    

When you get older you will understand there is more to those numbers than just a "toxic" community... lol this community isnt anything compared to EVE. Where the devs tell you to HTFU!

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Considering Red Dead 2 is not a MMO it isnt even comparable.  

WoW, Blizzard has NEVER released their subscription numbers.  So you cant count that.

Star Citizen... LOL is Vapourware.   And isnt even an actively released game yet.  Sure there is a playable mode, and a server, but it is constantly wiped.   

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/578080,582010,700030,570#All

Aside from DOTA2 and PUBG none of the 4 random games I chose have had a player increase since launch.  

I chose DOTA2, PUBG, Monster Hunter World, and Life Is Feudal MMO.   

7 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Were those in a 2 year EA development? ARK had a drop. ARK has still a 50% drop after each DLC hype. The only thing you’re proving here is that this game goes exactly as expected. 

6 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Considering Red Dead 2 is not a MMO it isnt even comparable.  

WoW, Blizzard has NEVER released their subscription numbers.  So you cant count that.

Star Citizen... LOL is Vapourware.   And isnt even an actively released game yet.  Sure there is a playable mode, and a server, but it is constantly wiped.   

https://steamcharts.com/cmp/578080,582010,700030,570#All

Aside from DOTA2 and PUBG none of the 4 random games I chose have had a player increase since launch.  

I chose DOTA2, PUBG, Monster Hunter World, and Life Is Feudal MMO.   

goggle it "World of Warcraft Subscription Numbers Reportedly Revealed