Not sure about anyone else, but I’m going to need more information to understand what you’re trying to say here.

Crew on a ship require 1 gold every X hours. (X depends ship's level of accommodation and what you assign them to) So if you have a crew member on a cannon, they might require 1 gold every 1.2 hours. If you assign them to nothing that would double to 1 gold every 2.4 hours.

On a galleon running 60 crew members that adds up A LOT. So when you park the ship overnight to log out you have to go through and unseat every crewmember one at a time... again... 60 crew. That's annoying. But then the next day before you can take your ship out you need to reassign every single crew member to every position and THAT is an absolute nightmare.

But the amount of gold you save by doing this makes it almost necessary.

What we need is a way to hold E on our ship, unseat all crew members at once, then be able to hold E again and put them all back on their last assignment assuming they havent been reassigned manually since.

Edited by xRogueCraftx
Bad at math

Please add this into the game..... and the whole 1 Gold per hour thing just needs to be one value per hour/per day even, none of this, "Dave is manning a sail so x gold per hour which is same as stood on deck/anchored,even when at sea, 1 gold every 3 hours for example" then the people you assign to cannons want paying more often, whether at sea or anchored, 1 gold per 1.5 hours for example...... too complicated and really hard too track imo, id say 1 Gold per hour (or per day i would prefer) as a start value, half that (or 50% more time before next piece of gold) when docked (anchored), ships levels and points spent into making crew cheaper add another 30 minutes until they want another piece of gold, and NO difference in pay for the task you assign that crew member whilst at sea, the pay is the pay "at sea".... perhaps also a timer should be added on npc crew similar too how the spoil timers work for food items, showing how long until the crew member wants another gold piece, spent points in captaincy and or ship points spent, anchored, or all of the previous, and the timer has the appropriate additional time added, like putting food into a preserving bag.

Edited by Knight2339

3 hours ago, xRogueCraftx said:

Crew on a ship require 1 gold every X hours. (X depends ship's level of accommodation and what you assign them to) So if you have a crew member on a cannon, they might require 1 gold every 1.2 hours. If you assign them to nothing that would double to 1 gold every 2.4 hours.

On a galleon running 60 crew members that adds up A LOT. So when you park the ship overnight to log out you have to go through and unseat every crewmember one at a time... again... 60 crew. That's annoying. But then the next day before you can take your ship out you need to reassign every single crew member to every position and THAT is an absolute nightmare.

But the amount of gold you save by doing this makes it almost necessary.

What we need is a way to hold E on our ship, unseat all crew members at once, then be able to hold E again and put them all back on their last assignment assuming they havent been reassigned manually since.

this is exactly why i have not gotten any crew. I do not get enough gold to to keep them paid. They just are too expensive. They should just get a set amount per day or days. ex 1 gold for a RL day. no matter what they are doing. They should also get their own food (ie you should not have to feed them) or at the very least they should get their food from the pantry locker or preserving bag

On 1/19/2019 at 4:44 PM, Fopfumaster said:

this is exactly why i have not gotten any crew. I do not get enough gold to to keep them paid. They just are too expensive. They should just get a set amount per day or days. ex 1 gold for a RL day. no matter what they are doing. They should also get their own food (ie you should not have to feed them) or at the very least they should get their food from the pantry locker or preserving bag

they eat out of hte larder

On 1/19/2019 at 6:44 PM, Fopfumaster said:

If you have a small crew and can get a grapple you can pull in the crates you find at sea. I can more then support my small crew on the gold I pull in from these crates alone.

That said I would love to be able to unseat my crew in one go and than stick them back to where they were before. Like assigning a job, to them, and they remember that job. Maybe when unseated they could even move about the ship, sweeping, and looking like they're doing various tasks.  Then you tell them to get back to their posts and they all move back into place, rather manning the sails or working the cannons.