30 minutes ago, Angrytango said:

You only have 15 hours in game?  

And complain.... I made one statement that I did not find the game exciting ATM and you flip out and make it all personal . If anyone gives women a bad name it is you as you are ridiculously emotional. 

You might want to check your reading comprehension and go re-read that post and check the gyazo link. And you prove the point of giving us a bad rap. Because apparently you don't have much comprehension in reading, so this game is obviously way above your tiny fragile female head. OMG I'm female, I need halp! You need to actually learn how to play and quit thinking your way is the only way to play. I'm not saying mine is the only way, but I can say I play a helluva lot smarter than you. 

FYI since reading is obviously not your strong point here, I have 15 more hours than him, which means I have 358 hours gametime. I def know how to play. How 'bout you?

18 hours ago, Angrytango said:

I am a female that happens to game. A lot.... Especially in the winter. After work, I game. It is what I do. But sad to say at this point I am just bored with the game. It is not the EA or the broken mechanics. It is just boring. Not enough content? I got off worked and logged in as usual, ready to settle in for the evening. And I was like, ok... Feed the crew and the few tames that I have left that were not killed due to clipping issues and I was like NOW WHAT? And that is when it hit me. There is nothing that I really felt like doing so I logged out. Tame? Don't bother until it is fixed. Land Claim? Ha! Joke. Ok Build? Well the lousy land claim I have has no resources and I am not in the mood to sail forever round trip to bring the mats back to build on my shitty iceberg. Other than that there just really is nothing. It would be great if there was like something to do at the Freeports? Maybe a tavern where players could meet up and play pirate games against each other and NPCs  for in game gold or rewards.  I can see earning rep this way that might get you followers or something. But for now, I think I will go watch a movie. Sigh 

Bored .jpg

Had a good laugh at this, especially the part about the iceberg.

not laughing at you but with you, even if you weren’t laughing. Sucks the devs did this to their game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Angrytango said:

You only have 15 hours in game?  

And complain.... I made one statement that I did not find the game exciting ATM and you flip out and make it all personal . If anyone gives women a bad name it is you as you are ridiculously emotional. 

No... they have over 300 hours in-game... The post was stating they had 15 MORE hours than the troll they were feeding. I'm not even sure if I'm spoon feeding you at this point... You can't read and link together 2 posts from the same person.. 

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Im not clicking that link! Its prob a virus just post a pic or steam friend me. Im sure you prob have less than 20 hours into the game. Doesn't matter there is so much player back lash i dont see Atlas moving forward. Its shame could have been a great game with out the trolls and the lack of devs listening to the players. HENCH BEING BORING!!! Jade Play Games and Angry Joe have done videos about the game failing and I hear Fire Spark is working on putting up one about its broken.

Oh you meant that video.. rofl i took it down myself as stated. Im sorry my awesomeness offends you maybe not look HAHAHAAAA

Gyazo links are not a virus... it is legitimate software that allows you to screenshot a certain area of your screen, i'm beginning to think you are just a troll at this point.. who the hell doesn't know about Gyazo..?

And they have 300+ hours for the record... just click the link, Gyazos are 150% percent safe.

15 hours ago, Angrytango said:

To Faicorf- This has nothing to do with laziness or poor decision making. Do you think that somehow I spawned on one of the coldest servers on the map and thought, yes! Here! No, I had tried claims in MANY zones. Either the land is claimed or if you go lawless you are on top of each others' crap. Or there is always the option of A. Joining a big company and being someone's slave and not being able to play the game you want. OR B. Renting and paying taxes. (yeah, cause I don't do enough of that IRL) I have 157 hours so far in Atlas and 2,144 in Ark. I think I know what it takes to make it on a survival game and I am certainly NOT lazy. However, I do feel it is relevant to point out that the toxicity of the community on this game will not help its' success in the long run. I posted my opinion. I was making suggestions in the platform that is available for us to do so. I did not need to be insulted by a pathetic fanboy such as yourself who can't seem to make an argument for the game without placing blame on the player. Don't hate the player- hate the game. And before you tell me to just quit if I don't like it. Just don't!  Grow up. Evidently with this many hours into the game I do find some things that I like about it and will continue to watch it as it grows. Some of the functionality just is not there yet. 

I really hope that there is something left to get behind after toxic people like you have their way. 

I think for the most part he is right.  He just phrased it wrong.  It isn't laziness, it is lack of imagination.  This may not be the game for you.  You may enjoy games like Star Trek Online or World Of Warcraft or even Elder Scrolls Online more.  Why?  Because they are theme parks, they have storylines and quests and things to keep you busy while you grind through the content.   A game like this that doesnt have much of a story or really any quests, you kind of have to set your own goals, create your own quests.  And that is increasingly difficult as a solo player.   

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I think for the most part he is right.  He just phrased it wrong.  It isn't laziness, it is lack of imagination.  This may not be the game for you.  You may enjoy games like Star Trek Online or World Of Warcraft or even Elder Scrolls Online more.  Why?  Because they are theme parks, they have storylines and quests and things to keep you busy while you grind through the content.   A game like this that doesnt have much of a story or really any quests, you kind of have to set your own goals, create your own quests.  And that is increasingly difficult as a solo player.   

Walt disney didnt have the imagination that is needed to make this game enjoyable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McGimp said:

Walt disney didnt have the imagination that is needed to make this game enjoyable.

I am sorry, you must have hated Ultima Online also?  Because there was nothing to do.  

The problem isnt the game, it is you.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I am sorry, you must have hated Ultima Online also?  Because there was nothing to do.  

The problem isnt the game, it is you.

Sure, me and the other 75% of players who have quit i guess. Once i quit its not a problem for me any longer. Still a problem for the game though. As the player numbers keep ticing down.

But hey, maybe its part of the devs “vision for the game” to create something undesirable to the majority of players who try it.

how is ultima online doing these days by the way?

Edited by McGimp

Who said there's nothing to do in Atlas? In the 45 hours or so that I've been able to actually play the game (I.E. The halcyon days before BattlEye) I have completely mastered the process of reaching level 8 in a Freeport, building a Sloop and sailing off to be killed because I found no place to land and continue levelling.  Oh, there was also that one incident being trapped between the SotD and level 165 Drake... 😄

3 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Sure, me and the other 75% of players who have quit i guess. Once i quit its not a problem for me any longer. Still a problem for the game though. As the player numbers keep ticing down.

But hey, maybe its part of the devs “vision for the game” to create something undesirable to the majority of players who try it.

Think of it as a culling process to winnow out the non-dedicated "beta" testers :classic_cool:

Lord have mercy! Don't say ANYTHING that is not 100% legit blowing rainbows and sunshine up everyone's butt that defends this game. Otherwise they will turn it into a personal attack. TBH, laughing at the people who so vehemently defend the game to the point of absurdity is more entertaining than actually playing. And funny, that I have not been insulting to anyone else at all. So much negativity and emotion over my opinion. With all these personal attacks at people, continue to watch the game numbers dwindle. Instead of valid, fact based responses, they rely on personal attacks because that it all they got. 

6 minutes ago, Hambo said:

Think of it as a culling process to winnow out the non-dedicated "beta" testers :classic_cool:

Yes, those of us too simple minded to realize the true genius of this gaming masterpiece. We should be thankful the devs even deigned to grace us lowly simpletons with the opportunity to give them money for this game.

shame on us really guys. Shame.. shame..

Edited by McGimp

13 minutes ago, Angrytango said:

Lord have mercy! Don't say ANYTHING that is not 100% legit blowing rainbows and sunshine up everyone's butt that defends this game. Otherwise they will turn it into a personal attack. TBH, laughing at the people who so vehemently defend the game to the point of absurdity is more entertaining than actually playing. And funny, that I have not been insulting to anyone else at all. So much negativity and emotion over my opinion. With all these personal attacks at people, continue to watch the game numbers dwindle. Instead of valid, fact based responses, they rely on personal attacks because that it all they got. 

I refer to the people who bought into the fallacy that they were getting a completely fleshed out, ready for the public game.

I myself cannot play the game at all right now because I also beta test for Microsoft as a Windows Insider and BattlEye "doesn't support" non-release Windows 10.  Microsoft is aware of "Anti-Cheat" software issues, and Jat replied that they have made the issue known to BattlEye.  I'm sticking with the game instead of demanding a refund.

The problem is that Insider Builds have a habit of becoming Release Updates twice a year, in April and October.

How many people will be happy when all the BattlEye 'protected' titles stop working on Windows 10?

Edited by Hambo

Man, I am sorry you can't get on. That is pretty lame. I know a lot of people are pretty upset about the BattleEye issue. Sounds like you had a great time before that though. Haha

1 minute ago, Angrytango said:

Man, I am sorry you can't get on. That is pretty lame. I know a lot of people are pretty upset about the BattleEye issue. Sounds like you had a great time before that though. Haha

I've been in this position before.  When I was testing Vista I had to convince the devs of the games I was playing that the only problem with their game was that Microsoft had changed the directory structure and moved the default application folder location.

7 minutes ago, McGimp said:

Well you and the other locusts can go away.  All you are is a plague on most games anyway.   You show up, get unhappy because of some dumb reason like the game isn't easy enough for solo-players, or it is to big, or it is to hard, or mega corps/companies/guilds crush you everywhere you go.   So you take to the forums and complain about how bad it is and how hard it is.. you spam Steam with negative reviews, on the several Steam accounts you have set up. 

As you can tell I have never cared for your style of "gamer" you are nothing but a plague on the industry.  

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Well you and the other locusts can go away.  All you are is a plague on most games anyway.   You show up, get unhappy because of some dumb reason like the game isn't easy enough for solo-players, or it is to big, or it is to hard, or mega corps/companies/guilds crush you everywhere you go.   So you take to the forums and complain about how bad it is and how hard it is.. you spam Steam with negative reviews, on the several Steam accounts you have set up. 

As you can tell I have never cared for your style of "gamer" you are nothing but a plague on the industry.  

okay bud. The game being unfriendly to solo players is TOTALLY the only issue here. Youre completely right. As to the negative review remark.. reviews only have value if there is some sort of dichotomy. What good would they be if people could only see the positive aspects of a game, especially when there are so few positive things to talk about with *some* games. 

And for the record, whether players who are unhappy with this game are good or bad for the gaming industry is irrelevant. We are here, we arent going anywhere, developers need to adapt or watch as their profits find their way to another game.

As far as i see it, i ahvent been unreasonable with my complaints, i havent been aggressive or unfair with my critiques. The devs arent children and i wont speak to them as if they are. When i feel they have screwed up i am going to call them out i refuse to pander to what you feel is their delicate ego. If they dont want to be called out they should probably start listening to the community("toxic" or not) and stop condemning them.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:11 PM, McGimp said:

okay bud. The game being unfriendly to solo players is TOTALLY the only issue here. Youre completely right. As to the negative review remark.. reviews only have value if there is some sort of dichotomy. What good would they be if people could only see the positive aspects of a game, especially when there are so few positive things to talk about with *some* games. 

And for the record, whether players who are unhappy with this game are good or bad for the gaming industry is irrelevant. We are here, we arent going anywhere, developers need to adapt or watch as their profits find their way to another game.

As far as i see it, i ahvent been unreasonable with my complaints, i havent been aggressive or unfair with my critiques. The devs arent children and i wont speak to them as if they are. When i feel they have screwed up i am going to call them out i refuse to pander to what you feel is their delicate ego. If they dont want to be called out they should probably start listening to the community("toxic" or not) and stop condemning them.

No you are right, the plague of locust gamers have been around since the late 90s early 2000s.  All they have done is bounce from one open beta to another, and complain.   Then when the next open beta popped up they went there and left the previous game a husk and the developers scrambling to fix the shit they suggested to change because they had the attention span of a gnat on meth.  

This hasnt changed in 20 years, I doubt it will.  The only thing that has changed is each generation of locusts are willing to pay for the beta now. 

boring is the best word. the game is now like a sleeping giant. nothing to do realy. have all powerstones (too much op animals) beaten the kraken(wtf you have to bring 3 dragons and 10 brigs with you) . the new content with the fountain is like a wtf forget about thing. building is shitty af. lags are everywhere (early acess) but where is nothing to test for there is nothing to live long. best part in the game the battles ( mechanics are so worst in 2018-2019 even tekken 1 has better perfomance)  you  travel for 1-2 hours to find one ship to sink. glitching through everywhere sucks. i quit until it's something new or better and i bet there won't be a endgame.

only the game is a farming simulator

Make more content will safe your life

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crowngamingx said:

boring is the best word. the game is now like a sleeping giant. nothing to do realy. have all powerstones (too much op animals) beaten the kraken(wtf you have to bring 3 dragons and 10 brigs with you) . the new content with the fountain is like a wtf forget about thing. building is shitty af. lags are everywhere (early acess) but where is nothing to test for there is nothing to live long. best part in the game the battles ( mechanics are so worst in 2018-2019 even tekken 1 has better perfomance)  you  travel for 1-2 hours to find one ship to sink. glitching through everywhere sucks. i quit until it's something new or better and i bet there won't be a endgame.

only the game is a farming simulator

Make more content will safe your life

I agree with everything said. Be ready for the trolls to defend the game telling you that its your fault your bored.

You guys can defend this game to death or hate it, it doesnt matter....

Truth is while a good game it is, well... boring. 

There is not much to build only 4 ships and the sea is basically empty except for the plethora of SoTd which imo look stupid and are more annoying than anything. 

Yes yes EA and all but simply put in its current state the game is sorta boring. 

I mean even lamps... ffs you have to take each lamp down move it to a smithy to repair them even lamps are tedious and boring cmon man

• Like 2

@OP you know what it's ok not every game is for everyone.. myself I hate the dark souls games the bore the hell out of me.. we are all different and that's what's good about the world.

honestly I was done with the game when they Released FoY without any secondary way to decrease age.   In fact they dont even know how to balance a game for good they are too full of themselves.... I bet if they took one good look at the forums and looked at where the complaint was.... they either tell us were wrong or remove said feature and Ask the community on ways to tackle the problem. .

5 hours ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

You guys can defend this game to death or hate it, it doesnt matter....

Truth is while a good game it is, well... boring. 

There is not much to build only 4 ships and the sea is basically empty except for the plethora of SoTd which imo look stupid and are more annoying than anything. 

Yes yes EA and all but simply put in its current state the game is sorta boring. 

I mean even lamps... ffs you have to take each lamp down move it to a smithy to repair them even lamps are tedious and boring cmon man

Instead of complaining that is boring, lets hear suggestions of what you would like added to the game to make it more interesting. If you read stuff from the devs, you would know they plan to make plenty of changes in the next two years that it is EA. They are also going to listen to the players to see what they want and incorporate some of that stuff into the game. 

I'm actually surprised that the game even has as much content as it does. I mean, it was just released to EA and still has two years to go before it is "finished". I admit, I'm occasionally bored too, but then I think of something I haven't done yet and I'm busy for a few days working on that. I might be playing at a slower pace, and those in this thread may have rushed too fast to end game and found there isn't much of that yet.

Edited by wildbill