5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's no-ones fault if people get bored with the game, that's just natural. But more content doesn't necessarily mean it will be interesting again.

I never once after 3345 hours of ark got bored same with 14 years of WoW

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 10:26 AM, Hodo said:

No you are right, the plague of locust gamers have been around since the late 90s early 2000s.  All they have done is bounce from one open beta to another, and complain.   Then when the next open beta popped up they went there and left the previous game a husk and the developers scrambling to fix the shit they suggested to change because they had the attention span of a gnat on meth.  

This hasnt changed in 20 years, I doubt it will.  The only thing that has changed is each generation of locusts are willing to pay for the beta now. 

I have never really seen a game that had so much potential die because the devs listened to their player base and actual fixed the game. have you? If so please give specific examples and how the player suggestions that would keep them playing were wrong and negatively impacted the game. 

26 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I never once after 3345 hours of ark got bored same with 14 years of WoW

Just because you never once got bored with Ark or WoW doesn't mean every other game will keep your interest. I've got bored with tons of games over the years, did I ever complain? No, I moved onto more interesting games, or I made the game more interesting for myself.

1 minute ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Just because you never once got bored with Ark or WoW doesn't mean every other game will keep your interest. I've got bored with tons of games over the years, did I ever complain? No, I moved onto more interesting games, or I made the game more interesting for myself.

I agree with you 100% but this was suppose to be part of Arks team and I was deep into that game. They lied to us man they lied!

Why is it that if everything you say is not 110% positive, that you are accused of complaining? If I went on the forums every few minutes and whined and complained incessantly I could see it. But I have only made a couple of comments here and there. All have gone ballistic with people vehemently telling me I am wrong, stupid, etc.  I refrain from accusatory language and name calling (with herculean effort, I must say). Yet, I am met with hostility over my opinion. This type of toxic community will only serve to keep people from playing the game. 

14 minutes ago, Angrytango said:

Why is it that if everything you say is not 110% positive, that you are accused of complaining? If I went on the forums every few minutes and whined and complained incessantly I could see it. But I have only made a couple of comments here and there. All have gone ballistic with people vehemently telling me I am wrong, stupid, etc.  I refrain from accusatory language and name calling (with herculean effort, I must say). Yet, I am met with hostility over my opinion. This type of toxic community will only serve to keep people from playing the game. 

That’s the whole point of him doing it. It’s alright, people should know better at this point. 

16 minutes ago, Angrytango said:

I looked, but didn't see which post upset you. This might be because I've blocked at least one of the toxic posters in this forum. There are only a few toxic posters posting 90% of the most toxic posts here. It is very easy to block them. Just hover you mouse pointer over their name for a post, select "Ignore user". You should no longer see their posts.

Edited by wildbill

I am not sure if you are talking about Scorpion, but in this instance I agree with him. If you go back through the post you will see all the people telling me to shut up and go play another game. Freaking out because I mentioned that I am female. Accusing me of being lazy, boring, stupid..... The list goes on. honest to God. This thread is so old. I can't even believe that it is even still a thing. Haha 

Message to the cool aid drinkers and i quote "No one is complaining because they want to see the game fail. They are complaining because the game is failing them"

How ever when you cool aid drinkers get on and shame people who complain on "OPEN FORUMS" its just that little nudge to either make them just say screw it I quit! or fule thier angry more so in turn your doing the game more harm than people complaining.

CHOKE ON THAT! :skull::skull::skull:

Furthermore, I have to point out... That if the game was all that exciting these days, people would be so busy playing they would not have time to comment on a seemingly innocuous post on the forums. :classic_blink:

LOL. This thread is a very good example of the toxicity of the internet and these forums in particular.

I'm usually very laid back, but forums like this even get me saying things I'd never say to anyone face to face.

I have to admit, I'm just a little bit bored (at work usually) when I post here. Not bored with the game yet, I think I will find stuff to do for awhile yet, but I  only play a few hours each day, I suspect some people either play way more than me (or some not at all that post here).

Here is hoping that there will be something new this week that will make the game more interesting 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildbill said:

LOL. This thread is a very good example of the toxicity of the internet and these forums in particular.

I'm usually very laid back, but forums like this even get me saying things I'd never say to anyone face to face.

I have to admit, I'm just a little bit bored (at work usually) when I post here. Not bored with the game yet, I think I will find stuff to do for awhile yet, but I  only play a few hours each day, I suspect some people either play way more than me (or some not at all that post here).

Here is hoping that there will be something new this week that will make the game more interesting 🙂

For me, the potential thing that will make the game more interesting would be the straightening out of BattlEye so I can actually log in and play again :classic_cool:

here i am with things for complaining in an add -kick and balanceing.

freeports have much potential like

-trade ( it will come in next update)

-special items orders( stuff like more weapons and amors for amount of gold)

-special animals LvL 1 to buy (not limited by time) make it like events

-taverns with mini games where you can meet up together and play 

make connections there

-quests - mini quest board (you should have to travel by ship to the freeport not die and spawn to add quest que)

-recruiting board for companies

- more shops to buy stuff with gold(alcohol,tools,whatever)

Lawless

-add houses with Npc's same stuff like freeports such a differnt things to get and make

-add companys board

-it's nice for new players to begin there but they will be wiped again and again from Everyone (Limited time to be there just to make the basics than everyone should travel and get lands or make alliance with others Companys like in-game contract to be there for a while

Landclaim

-nothing i can realy complain about because there should be a advantage for all of us

Animals

-it's a waterbased game add water creatures to tame and more for in game ( i know it's diffcult af but hella nice)

-reduce animals spawns on landbase

-reduce animals on landbase!!! It's not tameing game mmo( there's realy to much)

wolfes, horses, bears, lions, snakes just the standard animal

-debuff lions ( they shouldn't agrro 10 meters away and catch you ( there is nothing you can do about)

-where are the dogs and cats and rats? 😄 would be nice to have a pet with special buffs like take the dog for treashure hunting with you 

-point to freeports special events to take a doghouse for your base there can spawn the doggo after placed and reaspawn there after death (just an example)

Islands

-make more content to search for it's boring collecting Discovery points there is nothing realy to look for

- make every Islands for standard ressources (not a huge amount by but like you haven't travel 4 grids for exampel to collect metal,crystals, oil.)

-add Houses Npc's just the best thing you can do ( haven't be on every  island) and claimed island can trade that stuff if they won't let people in (kos)

-make a special pond on Islands where you can fishing( little nice feature)

Ships

-add more high and low cost ships (decoration is well but not the point to have cuz it will get destroyed)

-balance the ship building ( example a galleon with 4 mid speeds sails and two large is  faster than a speedboat) 😄

-trade ships hmm i've saw them two times ( it's nessesary if added NpC's houses on Islands)

-reduce the high of building and limit the amount of canons every special ship can have

-fix the glitching on spawnig by bed

-fix glitching if ships drive over you than you get inside

Weapons

-add more

-make guns more effective against animals and players with armore

-balance the aim (first person you stand  in front of other player and each aim on both heads but the other players aims away your head)

-fix the hitbox

-add harpune

-add switching system between weapons make it more pvp 

-fix the glider (options to took them off without opening items)

Endgame

-powerstone islands are like wtf wtf wtf to much op animals etc. all level 70 and above ( i'd grind them only die and repeat)

-add dungeon to get powerstone and get the op monsters inside there-like the elementarys

-the kraken - dudes debuff pls (next update i think i read something about)

-quests quests quests to get more gold, items, npc's with special skills ect.

- skilltree pls add more special and kick off some things like

- the confusing of it

- add  magic

- kick some  fists type things and merge them with all other compitables -

merge weapons melee firearms arrow-

make piracy more amazing -

merge captingneering with ship building tree

there is realy some things we don't need if it get merged and more balanced

That's all of my ideas and nothing to complain about if you have ideas write it down so the devs can read all and think about

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also start every post with "hello, I´m a male gamer" xD

You need some attention from our horny little kid pirates telling you how nice it would be talking to you?

Fun part is that sandbox games are always boring if you can´t come up with stuff which you want to do on your own. 

I take a bet you haven´t done the following:

- discovered all islands and leveled to max

- build a galleon and defeated a whale 

- fought a ghost ship (not SoTD) and won

- build a trading post and create trading routes with other islands

- tame animals and do treasure hunts for gold

- tame a dragon and go ham on a powerstone island for mythos

- collect all 9 powerstones and summon the kraken and kill him

there is so much more that I can imagine, but in the end I would also rather use my time to complain in the boards that my own imagination is not good enough and that I need people giving me goals. 🙂 way to go "girl" ^^ 

20 hours ago, Angrytango said:

I have never really seen a game that had so much potential die because the devs listened to their player base and actual fixed the game. have you? If so please give specific examples and how the player suggestions that would keep them playing were wrong and negatively impacted the game. 

I can name 2 that come to mind....

Mortal Online, listened to the plague of locusts at launch... dropped a lot of the hardcore features like languages, racial balance, and harder solitary survival.  

Life Is Feudal MMO, listened to the plague again.. catered to the carebears that only wanted to build pretty things by themselves.  Removed all open world PVP, the thing that was most actively used... insisted on forcing major fights into instanced battles, which were buggy, laggy and exploited for a good while.   Removed any chance of destroying your enemy and actually claiming or holding lands and creating a kingdom, no matter how many people you had.  

2 hours ago, crowngamingx said:

wolfes, horses, bears, lions, snakes just the standard animal

I was going to go through and help you out by correcting your spelling but decided there is WAY to many errors to go over each one.

So here is a short list to help you out, and I understand not everyone speaks English as a first or second language.

-Really not realy

-Wolves is the plural of wolf.

-Harpoon, not harpune

-aggro not agrro

I am going to leave out the fast typing fat finger mistakes.  

As for your list... there are a few I can agree with but a few I just dont like... 

-Nerfing the Kraken.... flatout NO.   It is supposed to be hard, nearly impossible, not something you should be able to do solo.

10 hours ago, Mephos said:

I also start every post with "hello, I´m a male gamer" xD

You need some attention from our horny little kid pirates telling you how nice it would be talking to you?

Fun part is that sandbox games are always boring if you can´t come up with stuff which you want to do on your own. 

I take a bet you haven´t done the following:

- discovered all islands and leveled to max

- build a galleon and defeated a whale 

- fought a ghost ship (not SoTD) and won

- build a trading post and create trading routes with other islands

- tame animals and do treasure hunts for gold

- tame a dragon and go ham on a powerstone island for mythos

- collect all 9 powerstones and summon the kraken and kill him

there is so much more that I can imagine, but in the end I would also rather use my time to complain in the boards that my own imagination is not good enough and that I need people giving me goals. 🙂 way to go "girl" ^^ 

HAHAHAHAAAAAAA WHAT A JOKE!

First off if the fact she pointed out she is a female gamer and it shouldnt be and issues than why are so many of you pointing out that she said she is a female gamer.

Fucking haters! Also all the shit your talking about is for big companies and no one cares. dot dot dot yup no one

8 hours ago, Hodo said:

I was going to go through and help you out by correcting your spelling but decided there is WAY to many errors to go over each one.

So here is a short list to help you out, and I understand not everyone speaks English as a first or second language.

-Really not realy

-Harpoon, not harpune

-aggro not agrro

As for your list... there are a few I can agree with but a few I just dont like... 

-Nerfing the Kraken.... flatout NO.   It is supposed to be hard, nearly impossible, not something you should be able to do solo.

Get a god damn life bud!

Was that proper English? 

Edited by Scorpionshawn

8 hours ago, Hodo said:

-Really not realy

-Harpoon, not harpune

-aggro not agrro

It is funny how someone can come up with a valid point, but apparently either not be a good speller or typist and people go off on the spellcheck. Come on man! Leave his spelling alone. it is not so bad that you can't see the point he is trying to make. The fact that you were so kind to keep it to a short list of corrections is just condescending. If you want to negate the things he said because you do not agree with his opinion, fine. As you did. Otherwise go be an English teacher or something. Not everyone is good at spelling. It doesn't make them completely incapable of a valid argument. Get over yourself! 

4 hours ago, Angrytango said:

It is funny how someone can come up with a valid point, but apparently either not be a good speller or typist and people go off on the spellcheck. Come on man! Leave his spelling alone. it is not so bad that you can't see the point he is trying to make. The fact that you were so kind to keep it to a short list of corrections is just condescending. If you want to negate the things he said because you do not agree with his opinion, fine. As you did. Otherwise go be an English teacher or something. Not everyone is good at spelling. It doesn't make them completely incapable of a valid argument. Get over yourself! 

Don't worry he is a gentlesir white knight hoping to get some e-points with her. Its rediculous that someone things their gender gives creedance to their opinion; personally I thank you for pointing that out, as a male gamer.

6 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Don't worry he is a gentlesir white knight hoping to get some e-points with her. Its rediculous that someone things their gender gives creedance to their opinion; personally I thank you for pointing that out, as a male gamer.

Ahhh, back on that are we? But still you are proving my point that you are not coming with up with a valid rebuff for the fact that LOTS of people are getting bored with the game. I could resort to the insult hurling and say you are probably a fat, pimply woman-hater living in your momma's basement and couldn't get a date in a whore house with a fist full of dollars. But that would mean I am stooping to the level of others on here. SO I shall refrain. Good day:classic_biggrin:

Game has gone to garbage now instead of being a pirate game its turning into farmville.

7 hours ago, IsilithTehroth said:

Ah, persons calling other people white knights. Why don’t you just stop being a child. 

Yeah, got bored too. Defeated many SoDs, farmed almost 20k gold, got green, blue and purple gear, made a full stone house and port for our schooner and sloop, got some animals, realized inteligence sucks... even tho was warned by forums that inteligence sucks (63 hp was surely much better than that + 0,1% more of armor or whatever lol). Our only future is some slight improvements like slightly better planks or slightly better gear and tons of farming for that... but well, in pve it doesn't matter much.

• Like 1