I am a female that happens to game. A lot.... Especially in the winter. After work, I game. It is what I do. But sad to say at this point I am just bored with the game. It is not the EA or the broken mechanics. It is just boring. Not enough content? I got off worked and logged in as usual, ready to settle in for the evening. And I was like, ok... Feed the crew and the few tames that I have left that were not killed due to clipping issues and I was like NOW WHAT? And that is when it hit me. There is nothing that I really felt like doing so I logged out. Tame? Don't bother until it is fixed. Land Claim? Ha! Joke. Ok Build? Well the lousy land claim I have has no resources and I am not in the mood to sail forever round trip to bring the mats back to build on my shitty iceberg. Other than that there just really is nothing. It would be great if there was like something to do at the Freeports? Maybe a tavern where players could meet up and play pirate games against each other and NPCs  for in game gold or rewards.  I can see earning rep this way that might get you followers or something. But for now, I think I will go watch a movie. Sigh 

Bored .jpg

• Like 5

You do realize people in the free ports is what caused the first problem with this game? it sounds to me that you are just not interested in the main part of this game, building up. This mechanic is no different to every survival game ever made.

It also seems like you are not bored.. You are just too lazy to put some work in to fix your poor decision of setting up base where there are no resources, where did you expect your resources to come from on an island with none? just like every other game, you need to put the time and effort in to progress, if not, then i suggest you find something else to play.

• Like 3

Try a new server. Lots of unofficial servers where you can build and have resources right on your claim. Some even don't have wolves running all over the place killing all your tames. Took me trying about 10 different unofficials to find the one that was the best match, but none of it was boring 🙂

• Like 1

To Faicorf- This has nothing to do with laziness or poor decision making. Do you think that somehow I spawned on one of the coldest servers on the map and thought, yes! Here! No, I had tried claims in MANY zones. Either the land is claimed or if you go lawless you are on top of each others' crap. Or there is always the option of A. Joining a big company and being someone's slave and not being able to play the game you want. OR B. Renting and paying taxes. (yeah, cause I don't do enough of that IRL) I have 157 hours so far in Atlas and 2,144 in Ark. I think I know what it takes to make it on a survival game and I am certainly NOT lazy. However, I do feel it is relevant to point out that the toxicity of the community on this game will not help its' success in the long run. I posted my opinion. I was making suggestions in the platform that is available for us to do so. I did not need to be insulted by a pathetic fanboy such as yourself who can't seem to make an argument for the game without placing blame on the player. Don't hate the player- hate the game. And before you tell me to just quit if I don't like it. Just don't!  Grow up. Evidently with this many hours into the game I do find some things that I like about it and will continue to watch it as it grows. Some of the functionality just is not there yet. 

I really hope that there is something left to get behind after toxic people like you have their way. 

• Like 4

It is boring there isnt much to do besides going out and discovering places but that is a real chore.....but theyu will be adding more content just gotta keep at it just dont burn out find other struff to do 

Edited by Luxfere
  • Like 1

Boring people, usually get bored first so, stop being a boring person. 😛

But, yeah they right now have the basics in the game, only. They have a good couple years to add what else they plan to add along the way. heh.

I agree though! Get off the pc and go watch a movie or do that going out thing in general for a bit.  MmMm

3 hours ago, Angrytango said:

I am a female that happens to game. A lot.... Especially in the winter. After work, I game. It is what I do. But sad to say at this point I am just bored with the game. It is not the EA or the broken mechanics. It is just boring. Not enough content? I got off worked and logged in as usual, ready to settle in for the evening. And I was like, ok... Feed the crew and the few tames that I have left that were not killed due to clipping issues and I was like NOW WHAT? And that is when it hit me. There is nothing that I really felt like doing so I logged out. Tame? Don't bother until it is fixed. Land Claim? Ha! Joke. Ok Build? Well the lousy land claim I have has no resources and I am not in the mood to sail forever round trip to bring the mats back to build on my shitty iceberg. Other than that there just really is nothing. It would be great if there was like something to do at the Freeports? Maybe a tavern where players could meet up and play pirate games against each other and NPCs  for in game gold or rewards.  I can see earning rep this way that might get you followers or something. But for now, I think I will go watch a movie. Sigh 

I take it you're playing PvE?  This game is really meant to be a PVP focus'd sort of game with politics, alliances, drama, etc.  Find yourself a mid sized group on a pvp server and you will have a good time.  Even ark was never intended to be full of PvE content beyond survival and pokemon catch em all stuff.  The caves were boring at best. The story was near non existent for the majority of its EA period and still is pretty lackluster because in these kinds of games the players are the content.  Without the drama and tension that comes with PVP you end up missing a ton of content.

Our alliance is always full of things going on.  We are involved in wars, there are politics constantly causing problems and creating solutions.  We sink ships and have ours sunk.  We claim land and lose it, rent it out to smaller guilds, etc.

This early in the EA process there will be a lot of content missing.  I came and went from ark so many times because it would be fun for a bit, then start to get repetitive and boring, then come back for new content releases.  Have about 4k hours on ark in total, ran a few servers of my own, etc.  

1 hour ago, Luxfere said:

It is boring there isnt much to do besides going out and discovering places

What otter nonsense.to say such a thing about an early release game,which just aint true ,even if we decide to ignore state of said game.

Some people are just clueless.If you cant set goals for yourself,join a group who can help you with that.

Unless this game dont suit you,thats another matter,cant argue with that.Call of Duty and World of warcraft are waiting eagerly to collect people like that.

But if you do love challenges and survival games,this game is frekin amazing sandbox.

I have almost 400 hours now in game,let me recap a bit what I did.

First I logged in,terrible lag,rubber banding etc.

but as an mmo vetran Im used to that and set a goal.I read a bit before that the devs give you some guidelines.those wrote ultimatly get a raft and get out,which is what I did.

With great effort,not only the bugs but some player stole my stuff etc,but i just went back in.its like Sylvester stalone said in his last ROCKY film: 

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” 

Anyways,got my raft sailed out,got stuck for like an hour in lag,finally managed to get out of the zone while constantly dieing(chose tundra region and cold just killed me over and over)

The lag was gone with the losers that kept crying over global,and was time for next target:find a place to live,and build a base!

While i was stuck in lag i was multitasking.searching forum for tips and leads. im mostly PVE person,but looked at pvp,and thats when i found this post with a map,showing the different zones,bioms etc and knew I had to travel north if I wanted a warmer place.

kept dieing over and over,tried one island but got eaten by wolves,so i kept onward,finally after 2 zones I made it to the tropics!

The temp was nice,the Islands not so hostile like Tundra. found a nice island,very large.I claimed the eastern side as my own,darcek was here first!that was amazing feeling.then I started working on my base.

After the night seem the devs managed to fix the situation for all the whiners in the starting zone,and i started getting visitors,and all my land was stolen from me,except for one claim..that was painful,but I knew its early access,so I just buckled up continue forward.

later on my food kept vanishing after night,so salt was my next goal.I searched for a location and set sail with a new ship ive built..after that,it was about getting some tames,then it was about building a bigger ship.then there was the fiasko with the SOD that destroyed my ships even one i was only in construction.

So ive rebuild and went out again,next goal was getting g myself a bear,as fiber collecting was a pain,going into lawless,setting a trap and getting few bears.

Next I heard theres Nephta down in the Polar,so i made fur armors and went down there for a crazy day adventure.

I can go on and on,theres just so many stuff to do in this game,so many challenges and wonders to see.and its all just early access lol.

As for me even if I stop playing now,I defently got my 25$ worth gameplay.

Saying there aint much to do here in this game? infuriating

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Angrytango said:

To Faicorf- This has nothing to do with laziness or poor decision making. Do you think that somehow I spawned on one of the coldest servers on the map and thought, yes! Here! No, I had tried claims in MANY zones. Either the land is claimed or if you go lawless you are on top of each others' crap. Or there is always the option of A. Joining a big company and being someone's slave and not being able to play the game you want. OR B. Renting and paying taxes. (yeah, cause I don't do enough of that IRL) I have 157 hours so far in Atlas and 2,144 in Ark. I think I know what it takes to make it on a survival game and I am certainly NOT lazy. However, I do feel it is relevant to point out that the toxicity of the community on this game will not help its' success in the long run. I posted my opinion. I was making suggestions in the platform that is available for us to do so. I did not need to be insulted by a pathetic fanboy such as yourself who can't seem to make an argument for the game without placing blame on the player. Don't hate the player- hate the game. And before you tell me to just quit if I don't like it. Just don't!  Grow up. Evidently with this many hours into the game I do find some things that I like about it and will continue to watch it as it grows. Some of the functionality just is not there yet. 

I really hope that there is something left to get behind after toxic people like you have their way. 

I am far from a fan boy of this game, I am furious with how the devs how handled the launch and all the issues that came with it, not to mention how they have handled the recent black butterfly debacle. I have extremely little faith in the dev team, so come on and try again claiming i'm a fan boy. If you don't like something, don't use it, there is nothing childish about saying that.. Would you constantly eat food you didn't like? would you constantly attend sporting events of which you don't like the sport? I am not being toxic, I am responding to how you worded your post. (cant be bothered to sail = fault of your own part) (choosing where to set up base = your choice/your fault) you chose to set up there, nobody forced you to. I don't care how many hours you have in ARK, you cant be bothered to put in the effort, so that comes down to you being either A). Lazy, or B). you have a care bear entitled attitude towards games in which you feel you should be rewarding for doing anything that required next to no effort what so ever. Your decisions create your experience in this game, for instance, which island you attempt to build on, your choice.

If the game does not interest you, despite you not going out to actually find something to do, then you have only your self to blame.

And why even mention the fact that you are female, that information is completely irrelevant to your little crying rant of you can't be bothered to put any effort in. Were you hoping to get some sympathy points because you have a pair of breasts or something?

And responding to your remarks about you being toxic, I said "it seems you are not bored, just lazy"..key words there "IT SEEMS" you know, that is just an opinion based on how you worded your little rant, if you don't want people to get that impression, maybe you should look at how you worded your post and word it differently. You then turn around and call me a "pathetic fanboy" and then have the audacity to complain about the toxicity of the community in the breath as throwing insults at somebody who didn't agree with you. So tell me, who is the toxic one here? When you just insulted somebody for posting their opinion based on your poorly worded rant (if the impression I got is not what you intended to portray, then yes, it is poorly worded... God forbid you take responsibility for any of your actions, Miss "Female gamer who games a lot..".), If you got offended by somebody calling you lazy for you not wanting to put the time in, what would you rather me say?
"don't worry princess ill gather your mats for you?" "let me spend my time playing for you because you don't want to put your own time in?" I guess you really were hoping for sympathy points for being female..

So again, if you do not like this game, do not play it.. It is more childish to think you are entitled to demand things change because YOU are bored (cant be bothered to do anything)

So lose your self entitled attitude and either play the game, or don't stop expecting people to cater to your lack of drive and initiative..

TLDR:

Either put the work in and play the game, or don't play it, It is as simple as that. I don't play games I don't like, SHOCKER ISN'T IT!... It is not childish to tell somebody to stop doing something they don't like, it is childish to expect a company to change something solely because YOU don't like it or can't be arsed to rectify your poor decisions on where to establish your base .. smell the coffee and calm down sweetheart your entitled attitude is showing..Take responsibility for your own decisions and stop expecting the world to cater to you.

12 hours ago, Angrytango said:

You could always go tame some seals... I mean penguins.

Killing_fur_seals,_St_Paul_Island.jpg

• Haha 1

First off, who cares if you're a female? Seriously, you give us female gamers a bad rap with the "I'm a female and I'm bored" crap.

Secondly, this game is not a solo adventure. We have a small company, but you know what we did? We started trade runs, got our ships blown out of the water, lived on Lawless for a good long while as we established our trade runs. Made contacts. When it got bad, they offered a hand out to us. So yes, we pay taxes, but we are protected and can do our thing now. And we have our own slice of land in a non polar zone. But I worked very hard at getting us to that point and the crew had a blast wiping the group off the island that needed to go. There are a ton of options out there for you if you want to take them, but just logging in and saying "I'm bored" means you really haven't explored your options or found others to make life a bit easier to help you. Lawless gets a bad rap, but you can truly establish yourself if you are smart and willing to reach out.

Edited by EleLL
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

You could always go tame some seals... I mean penguins.

Killing_fur_seals,_St_Paul_Island.jpg

This picture is offensive and should not be on these forums.

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

This picture is offensive and should not be on these forums.

You're offensive and should not be on these forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, EleLL said:

First off, who cares if you're a female? Seriously, you give us female gamers a bad rap with the "I'm a female and I'm bored" crap.

Secondly, this game is not a solo adventure. We have a small company, but you know what we did? We started trade runs, got our ships blown out of the water, lived on Lawless for a good long while as we established our trade runs. Made contacts. When it got bad, they offered a hand out to us. So yes, we pay taxes, but we are protected and can do our thing now. And we have our own slice of land in a non polar zone. But I worked very hard at getting us to that point and the crew had a blast wiping the group off the island that needed to go. There are a ton of options out there for you if you want to take them, but just logging in and saying "I'm bored" means you really haven't explored your options or found others to make life a bit easier to help you. Lawless gets a bad rap, but you can truly establish yourself if you are smart and willing to reach out. o

Not everyone wants to beg for a hand out rofl but more power to ya.

Just now, Jean Lafitte said:

You're offensive and should not be on these forums.

What is your problem with me? Is there some personal issues? 

Dude, you are worse than she is with your craptastic constant posts bitching and griping. I didn't have to beg. Simply had to put a halt to our trade to rebuild and they offered. Then again you'd know that if you actually spent time playing instead of whining all the time.

• Like 1

You are telling me that you got a handout and say that I am giving female players a bad rap? Mkay. Well, I don't stand on the welfare line. Nor the chain gang. And I don't want to be forced to "find others" to do my playing for me. I am in a super small company of people that I know IRL.  It is what it is. Lawless gets a bad rap because it IS a bad rap. Being crammed in with others on top of you and struggling for meager resources is just unfun. But hey, we are  allowed our own opinions. Enjoy your handouts. Some of us would just rather not. And if you read my OP I said that part of it is that taming and such is broken ATM. Most of my tames got wiped due to clipping issues so for now, I decided to wait on that. Maybe if you would try harder to see a point instead of being defensive we could get somewhere. 

1 minute ago, EleLL said:

Dude, you are worse than she is with your craptastic constant posts bitching and griping. I didn't have to beg. Simply had to put a halt to our trade to rebuild and they offered. Then again you'd know that if you actually spent time playing instead of whining all the time.

I can post my time in the game its 343 hours not sure what you have.

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

What is your problem with me? Is there some personal issues? 

Crying the servers should be wiped because you can't win, abusing the forums to post your political views, abusing the forums to advertise yourself repeatedly, argumentum ad hominem... shall I keep going?

1 minute ago, Jean Lafitte said:

Crying the servers should be wiped because you can't win, abusing the forums to post your political views, abusing the forums to advertise yourself repeatedly, argumentum ad hominem... shall I keep going?

What forum did i post about political views?

where is the prof of any of this??? please keep going

Edited by Scorpionshawn

@AngryTango: No, you'd rather complain how it's boring. You'd rather do it solo then do anything at all. Go live in the polar expanses where there is nothing, then yes, it's boring. At least we're playing and building contacts and doing what we can. You call it welfare, I call it having a small company that knows it's limitations. To you Lawless is worthless, your property is worthless, you're bored, but whatever we're doing is welfare... Mkay, well I get to play and not be bored and do what I enjoy doing. And just an fyi, we earned our little spot and it has a very nice low tax rate due to that. So unless someone plays as you do, they are on welfare or bored. See, you went to polar because you can't defend yourself. You went to polar because it was the only land available to claim. You went to polar because in reality you want everything handed over to you and when it's hard work, then it's boring. You can call it welfare if that helps justify it in your brain, we call it self-preservation and allows us to focus on what we want to do: play the game.

@ScorpionShawn see Jean Lafitte's comment, it's apropos. And I have 14 hours more than you. 

Just now, EleLL said:

@AngryTango: No, you'd rather complain how it's boring. You'd rather do it solo then do anything at all. Go live in the polar expanses where there is nothing, then yes, it's boring. At least we're playing and building contacts and doing what we can. You call it welfare, I call it having a small company that knows it's limitations. To you Lawless is worthless, your property is worthless, you're bored, but whatever we're doing is welfare... Mkay, well I get to play and not be bored and do what I enjoy doing. And just an fyi, we earned our little spot and it has a very nice low tax rate due to that. So unless someone plays as you do, they are on welfare or bored. See, you went to polar because you can't defend yourself. You went to polar because it was the only land available to claim. You went to polar because in reality you want everything handed over to you and when it's hard work, then it's boring. You can call it welfare if that helps justify it in your brain, we call it self-preservation and allows us to focus on what we want to do: play the game.

@ScorpionShawn see Jean Lafitte's comment, it's apropos. And I have 14 hours more than you. 

You have more hours post a pic of it