Valcrog1164

Thoughts/Problems

I have a few thoghts to ask about. Let me know what you all think about it?

1) Way to many NPC Spawning? This could be causeing server stress problems.

2) Cant get anywhere in Freezing areas because you cant find Fiber?

3) Respawning puts you anywhere and everywhere except where you need to go even if you have a bed.

4) Beds are pointless until after you claim your own land and not the starting zone.

5) Character Loss is fixable as long as you dont try to create the character and ALT+F4 out when you get that screen.

6) Spawning in the middle of the water/underwater and far away from land

Edited by Valcrog1164

5 minutes ago, Valcrog1164 said:

I have a few thoghts to ask about. Let me know what you all think about it?

1) Way to many NPC Spawning? This could be causeing server stress problems.

2) Cant get anywhere in Freezing areas because you cant find Fiber?

3) Respawning puts you anywhere and everywhere except where you need to go even if you have a bed.

4) Beds are pointless until after you claim your own land and not the starting zone.

5) Character Loss is fixable as long as you dont try to create the character and ALT+F4 out when you get that screen.

6) Spawning in the middle of the water/underwater and far away from land

1) The amount of animals could impact marginally, but I don't believe at the level of impact you're inferring

2) In ARK (As a reference), freezing areas were considered higher tiered regions, and took some kit building (leveling) to be prepared enough to withstand the conditions. In your case, not being able to make clothes in a freezing area is one of it's environmental hazards. Dress accordingly before going to these areas

3) I think you need to have claimed land to properly use a bed

4) They are useless in the starting zone, but it made sense for them to make it craft-able to include in your exploration survival kit of success. Starting zones are not meant to be permanent residences 

5) Glad to hear! What happened though?

6) I only experienced this in the lawless regions without a raft. I think, those are in fact raft spawn points- but I could be wrong. Either way, I agree the spawns are pretty far out for swimmers

Well ARK is different as far as how many NPC's spawn. There are a lot more on these servers than on any ARK server when it first got released. As for Character loss It seems to be random with a death and can happen anytime just use the trick I mention above for a temp work around. As far as #2 I was having that problem only because I couldnt find Fiber to make anything at all but I was able to find everything else.

1 minute ago, Valcrog1164 said:

Well ARK is different as far as how many NPC's spawn. There are a lot more on these servers than on any ARK server when it first got released. As for Character loss It seems to be random with a death and can happen anytime just use the trick I mention above for a temp work around. As far as #2 I was having that problem only because I couldnt find Fiber to make anything at all but I was able to find everything else.

Ya,  fiber does not grow often if at all in freezing areas- you need to bring the fiber (or heavier clothes) from elsewhere (temperate, tropical, etc) before u go to freezing

1 minute ago, Valcrog1164 said:

Then they shouldnt let those areas be starter areas lol talk about failure from the start.

I would say in a future patch, they should denote that it's a more difficult region, or note the basic environment dangers of each zone

The ability to access a freezing region could connect a noob with his company that lives there for example

1 hour ago, Valcrog1164 said:

Then they shouldnt let those areas be starter areas lol talk about failure from the start.

Like someone else stated, those areas are for the ‘skilled’ players that want some kind of ‘challenge’. 

For the spawn one. You can also place a bed on your raft. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Like 1

i have no claimed land and can now use a bed.

I say one big problem is eating. It is far to frequent imo like feeding a 10ton bear :classic_biggrin: