Sign in to follow this  
Archsenex

Player Shops in Freeports - How will this reconcile with how quickly ships sink in freeports?

With the advent of player shops in freeports, will the decay rate of ships in free ports be reduced?  I'd be... concerned, about a design that requires me to move my very material expensive ship into a freeport in order to unload cargo for sale, or purchase, and then a server update occurs or other thing that prevents me logging in for 4 hours and suddenly I have nothing.

Will ship decay in freeports allow this to not be a very, very risky system to participate in?  I'm honestly terrified of taking my Galleon near freeports for this and run crew on smaller ships.

Or they could just turn off decays everywhere during updates. But delaying it is also an option if that doesn’t allow new bugs and exploits to come in. 

5 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

Not being able to log in for 4 hours? How? And when has this ever happened? Lol. 

At least twice to my knowledge, and at least twice to me personally 

Just now, Badkebab said:

Nuts, I’ve never had a login issue. 

16 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

Not being able to log in for 4 hours? How? And when has this ever happened? Lol. 

It's one of those things that a lot of people dismiss right up until they're here on the forums wondering why they need to spend another 4 days rebuilding a ship.

28 minutes ago, Dappypally said:

Did you try to logon during the world rollback the other night?

Some of us haven't been able to logon since they implemented BattlEye, because BattlEye doesn't work with Windows Insider builds   One would hope that this is fixed soon... It'll be hell to pay when the changes in the Builds become the public release in April. 😄

Edited by Hambo

Why should they turn off the decay, that's there to keep the lag low. Come, set a shop/buy stuff, get out, tis all. No staying for the night or chatting.

it makes absolutely no sense to limit player shops to freeports...

if sleeping players did break the zone shops will do so for sure.
there should be a shop counter item you can build everywhere where you can build to sell your stuff when having an npc use the counter.

Decay shouldn't be a problem if you get in, do your business and get out again, If you are that concerned for your bigger ships, take a smaller one in instead?

4 hours ago, Dappypally said:

Yes it has.

Best action would be to deactivate accelerated decay in the freeports, so they will become a place for players to trade, chat and have fun.

Without worrying about decayed ships all the time.

Just seems very strange to do something to attract players to Freeports after such a heavy handed step to force them away

well it be intresting to go there to find resources you need + some ports will become natural places to go as they are between biomes , or cant be botherd to get , tho they need to do something about places to dock or it will be pretty shut down to get into the ports 

The number of ships anchored there per player could be limited or a „hangar“ solution could be implemented, where your ships are stored as a pure vector in a matrix till you pull them out of the hangar again.

Thats how EVE is managing that. And Pirates of the Burning Sea as well.

Edited by Talono

6 hours ago, Talono said:

The number of ships anchored there per player could be limited or a „hangar“ solution could be implemented, where your ships are stored as a pure vector in a matrix till you pull them out of the hangar again.

Thats how EVE is managing that. And Pirates of the Burning Sea as well.

The problem is, this game is ran on a potato and can't handle more than 20-30 players without ping skyrocketing.

12 hours ago, Badkebab said:

rubbish nev er been that long unless they have taken the servers down like they did the other day for the server compromise 

10 minutes ago, UDO said:

rubbish nev er been that long unless they have taken the servers down like they did the other day for the server compromise 

You obviously weren't around when some people could play and others were locked out of the game for 12 hours at a time. 

Feel free to search the forums before calling people liars, it will save you from looking like a nob

The decay issue is a big problem for the trading. If trading was possible outside Freeports it would be another matter.

There are a 117 ways you can lose the ability to login before ship is destroyed. And they are anything from technical to real life.

17 minutes ago, Shintai said:

The decay issue is a big problem for the trading. If trading was possible outside Freeports it would be another matter.

There are a 117 ways you can lose the ability to login before ship is destroyed. And they are anything from technical to real life.

Yeah i’ve vouched for some kind of placable trading centre for on your island or a large flag and you can put the market down. Freeport trades can give a lot of problem if people port their ships and get kicked out, losing their ship to decay. 

Well, i better dont raise flags on my island. There is a 1000+ player chinese tribe on it. They are absolutely awful in PVP but i have not enough arrows to kill all of them over and over.😂