Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Livestream synopsis, pls.

2 minutes ago, Talono said:

Sooo... summed up they bring a ton of stuff no player is asking for or interested in ?

But they dont touch the really relevant issues for players :

- lag

- tons of alpha creatures

- 6 hours to claim a flag. No claim thanks to daisy chain bug

- game only for megatribes

- offline ship sinking by trolls every night

Pretty sure all of those points were touched on actually

Edited by Heilos

1 minute ago, Talono said:

Sooo... summed up they bring a ton of stuff no player is asking for or interested in ?

But they dont touch the really relevant issues for players :

- lag

- tons of alpha creatures

- 6 hours to claim a flag. No claim thanks to daisy chain bug

- game only for megatribes

- offline ship sinking by trolls every night

They talked a bit about banning 200+ accounts including 2 companies.

Also the Claim System is getting a complete rewrite... They didn't expect as many players as they got and hadn't envisioned the abuse.

6 hours ago, Hodo said:

We have flying suits... need I say more.

Oh and swords weigh 10kg in game... NO SWORD HAS EVER WEIGHED 22lbs!!!!

Ye but a flying suit I can somewhat understand, because it is something that couldve been thought about during the time. I know it’s fantasy and all but that doesn’t mean I would like them to jump that further into the timeline in the beginning of the game. 

10 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Because its a fantasy game, not a pirate sim. There are already magic elements in the game with more on the way... and a magic powered steampunk looking mini sub is one of them apparently. They touched on the back story of Atlas a bit during the stream. Basically the world was more advanced at one point where some form of magic was used to power things in the world. That world fell and things are now more primitive but traces of the old world technology will be present in the game. 

So its basically that bad sy fy TV movie (2 part I think maybe 3) that came out a few years ago where Earth is dead and everyone goes to the giant water planet when theyre resurrected? Riverworld I think it was.... Where is Mark Twain?

Edited by rodarin

6 hours ago, Heilos said:

Pretty sure all of those points were touched on actually

They were, i get the feeling a lot of people didn't actually watch it and assume they spoke about nothing and just partied.

Literally the majority of the stream was talking about the majority of the complaints i see on the forums, but I guess it easier to ignore it than acknowledge it?

A funny example was while watching the VoD i saw comment saying, "you're the problem with the industry, you don't listen to the community", even though at the exact moment one of the team were listing off the complaints people had and answering player questions.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't i guess 😕

• Like 1