Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Livestream synopsis, pls.

Jat said during the stream there will be a Captains Log on Monday covering everything they went over.Ā 
Ā 

44 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

For those of us that couldn't (didn't) watch the livestream, pls write it up in a captain's log.

Ā 

Thanks.

Posted a list, check bottom of the page 4 before it gets censored or something, kappa.

Mean, no in captain's log but in the deadline about stream questions.

Since they unpinned that thing, here is the link to get back to it:

Ā 

Edited by Nightstrasza

Here is what I got from the livestream...

LOTS of spamming in chat by children.

Devs prattling on about stuff no one asked for, like more bad SotD designs... a small and a larger version to go with the current medium speed boat yacht design.

Oh.. and they showed human babies... for human breeding and said it will be based on the current breeding system... LOL.

Not much other than them trying to look.... "piratey" and act cool....Ā  There was one in a bad dollar store Jack Sparrow costume, another wearing a cavalier hat and a musketeer fencing cloak.... yep... no clue.

• Haha 1

The new skin system for armors.

A new bounty system will be added.

Figureheads for ships.

A cave PVE dungeon for a new mainline quest.

A submarine for salvaging and exploring underwater.

new monsters crab and camel type

Talked about added ally markers being teal for claimed area in the map.

This is what I can remember from being on at my lunch.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, KingLlama said:

The new skin system for armors.

A new bounty system will be added.

Figureheads for ships.

A cave PVE dungeon for a new mainline quest.

A submarine for salvaging and exploring underwater.

new monsters crab and camel type

Talked about added ally markers being teal for claimed area in the map.

This is what I can remember from being on at my lunch.

I was listening to it but I didnā€™t know if the submarine was for official or the dev kit. Do you know this?Ā 

10 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I was listening to it but I didnā€™t know if the submarine was for official or the dev kit. Do you know this?Ā 

Official.Ā 

The sub will be added to the official game, possibly in Feb.

Ā  Subs are exploration only, no torpedoes.

One thing I learned is that in game lore there was a "Golden Age", where everything ran on magic, much like IRL everything runs on electricity.Ā  Apparently 'magic' will be rediscovered over time in Atlas.

30 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Devs prattling on about stuff no one asked for, like more bad SotD designs... a small and a larger version to go with the current medium speed boat yacht design.

Oh.. and they showed human babies... for human breeding and said it will be based on the current breeding system... LOL.

Not much other than them trying to look.... "piratey" and act cool....Ā  There was one in a bad dollar store Jack Sparrow costume, another wearing a cavalier hat and a musketeer fencing cloak.... yep... no clue.

Chat part i agree with, the Dev part not so much.Ā 

the first part was literally talking about player concerns, they're looking into what are the best solution to, balancing weapons, fire arrows, melee, pistols, balancingĀ wild creatures and other things. Basically showing that they are listening, they just can't kneejerk react to peoples concerns as it could make things much worse down the road.

Ā 

Ā 

23 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Official.Ā 

Why the hell are they going to put in submarines to a pirate/medieval setting? This is ridiculous. In the pirate times there were diving bellsĀ and oxygen spaces. No crappy submarines.

Edited by Percieval

7 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Why the hell are they going to put in submarines to a pirate/medieval setting? This is ridiculous. In the pirate times there were diving belts and oxygen spaces. No crappy submarines.

Because its a fantasy game, not a pirate sim. There are already magic elements in the game with more on the way... and a magic powered steampunk looking mini sub is one of them apparently. They touched on the back story of Atlas a bit during the stream. Basically the world was more advanced at one point where some form of magic was used to power things in the world. That world fell and things are now more primitive but traces of the old world technology will be present in the game.Ā 

Edited by MaxPower
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Because its a fantasy game, not a pirate sim. There are already magic elements in the game with more on the way... and a magic powered steampunk looking mini sub is one of them apparently. They touched on the back story of Atlas a bit during the stream. Basically the world was more advanced at one point where some form of magic was used to power world. That world fell and is now more primitive but traces of the old world technology will be present in the game.Ā 

Jesus christ.Ā 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Jesus christ.Ā 

Also, they (at least in future plans) will be implementing Sea beds and "Trenches" as a whole new game biome.Ā  The subs allow exploration and will not have offensive capability, until someone writes a mod, that is Ā :classic_cool:

38 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Jesus christ.Ā 

We have flying suits... need I say more.

Ā 

Oh and swords weigh 10kg in game... NO SWORD HAS EVER WEIGHED 22lbs!!!!

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

We have flying suits... need I say more.

Ā 

Oh and swords weigh 10kg in game... NO SWORD HAS EVER WEIGHED 22lbs!!!!

Please translate 22lbs to the entire rest of the world which uses metric insteed.

Just now, Nightstrasza said:

Please translate 22lbs to the entire rest of the world which uses metric insteed.

10 kgĀ 

A typical cutlass or even a saber didnt weigh more than 1-2kg.Ā Ā 

Just now, Hodo said:

10 kgĀ 

A typical cutlass or even a saber didnt weigh more than 1-2kg.Ā Ā 

We see, thanks. And didn't know, we know some weapons, but for us it feels like armors and weapons could weight alot. However... let's be honest,many weights of things in this game are pulled out of the ass, materials being heavie than crafted item or in reverse etc.

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

That spamming was people wanting them to address the issue of cheaters within the game, which they never did address as far as i'm aware, it is hardly being children when we want answers to such a serious issue and theirĀ response to that, wasĀ banning the question instead of taking 10 seconds to answer it, They admitted to reading twitch chat, so they chose to ignore 80% of their stream that had legitimate concerns about the integrity of the game. If they did address this in the short amount of time I missed of the stream, then disregard my reply, but if I'm correct and they did not. It shows an extreme lack of respect for their community.Ā Not to mention the fact they said they "dont know" why people have an issue with wild creatures, which means they are ignoring all the feedback from every post mentioningĀ (there are ample posts on the official forums providing this feedback, I have made one of these posts myself and also brought it up in the official discord)Ā them being overpowered, which wasĀ being brought up since launch..Which considering it is up to us that their game survives, is an extremely poor move.

Edited by Faicorf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Faicorf said:

That spamming was people wanting them to address the issue of cheaters within the game, which they never did address as far as i'm aware, it is hardly being children when we want answers to such a serious issue and theirĀ response to that, wasĀ banning the question instead of taking 10 seconds to answer it, They admitted to reading twitch chat, so they chose to ignore 80% of their stream that had legitimate concerns about the integrity of the game. If they did address this in the short amount of time I missed of the stream, then disregard my reply, but if I'm correct and they did not. It shows an extreme lack of respect for their community, not to mention the fact they said they "dont know" why people have an issue with wild creatures, which means they are ignoring all the feedback from every post mentioning this (there are ample posts on the official forums providing this feedback, I have made one of these posts myself and also brought it up in the official discord)Ā them being overpowered being brought up since launch..which considering it is up to us that their game survives, is an extremely poor move.

They did not mention anything other than saying they banned 300+ ppl somewhere at the beggining of the stream so no, didn't miss anything, ppl kept spamming about cheats and had their messenges deleted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

They did not mention anything other than saying they banned 300+ ppl somewhere at the beggining of the stream so no, didn't miss anything, ppl kept spamming about cheats and had their messenges deleted.

Did they say if these bans took place after all the events from yesterday, regarding people spawning whales on ships and other things. Or where these bans put forward before yesterday? I missed the part when they said they banned 300 people. so disregard my above post regarding the cheating.

Edited by Faicorf

Just now, Faicorf said:

Did they say if these bans took place after all the events from yesterday regarding people spawning whales on ships and other thingsĀ or where these bans put forward before yesterday? I missed the part when they said they banned 300 people. so disregard my above post regarding the cheating.

No..., or don't remember, they said they gonna leave a vod so might try cheking their stream and lurking for the first half hour or something. They talkt for like 20 minutes about some stuff no one cares, then they started with bans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

No..., or don't remember, they said they gonna leave a vod so might try cheking their stream and lurking for the first half hour or something. They talkt for like 20 minutes about some stuff no one cares, then they started with bans.

Ok thanks for that. All I saw from their stream was nothing but feature creep of stuff the majority of people didn't care about ( like cosmetic skins and such) when I feel the majority of us now want stuff in game to be fixed before they add more problems to the pile.

1 hour ago, Faicorf said:

Ok thanks for that. All I saw from their stream was nothing but feature creep of stuff the majority of people didn't care about ( like cosmetic skins and such) when I feel the majority of us now want stuff in game to be fixed before they add more problems to the pile.

As they also mentioned in the stream, they have multiple production groups... One works on new content, one works on bug reports, one works on new art, etc.

Another thing they talked about at length is that they will not do knee-jerk fixes... Every suggestion has to be thoroughly discussed to make sure a small fix here doesn't cause bigger problems elsewhere in the game or even conflict with future planned systems yet to be written.

Sooo... summed up they bring a ton of stuff no player is asking for or interested in ?

But they dont touch the really relevant issues for players :

- lag

- tons of alpha creatures

- 6 hours to claim a flag. No claim thanks to daisy chain bug

- game only for megatribes

- offline ship sinking by trolls every night

• Like 1