Sign in to follow this  
Migolcow

Game is set up for major Naval battles the servers cannot handle

As per the title.   Every time our tribe goes after another or is under attack by a substantial force, the lag spikes up to 255 and we see the waves constantly reversing course with the lag.     The game just cannot take it.     Given that this is the same engine as ark and the lag issues haven't been solved there in the past 5-odd years, I have to ask if the large naval battles idea is just a false promise that can't be delivered.    Am I wrong?    Anyone with more server know-how than me able to refute that notion?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Migolcow said:

As per the title.   Every time our tribe goes after another or is under attack by a substantial force, the lag spikes up to 255 and we see the waves constantly reversing course with the lag.     The game just cannot take it.     Given that this is the same engine as ark and the lag issues haven't been solved there in the past 5-odd years, I have to ask if the large naval battles idea is just a false promise that can't be delivered.    Am I wrong?    Anyone with more server know-how than me able to refute that notion?

This is a newer version than ARK’s engine. As for the lag, out on sea not close to Islands I have no problems with that much lag. When we’re close to island it can get pretty nasty yeah. 

4 minutes ago, Percieval said:

This is a newer version than ARK’s engine. As for the lag, out on sea not close to Islands I have no problems with that much lag. When we’re close to island it can get pretty nasty yeah. 

That might be true if there's nothing going on at sea, but again it's when you're fighting at sea that it becomes impossible.    Especially with large crews

Edited by Migolcow

Just now, Migolcow said:

That might be true if there's nothing going on at sea, but again it's when you're fighting at sea that it becomes impossible.    Especially with large crews

I’m not experiencing that, I was talking about sea battles. I haven’t been in a larger battle than approx. 5 galleons and a couple schooners and it was fine, except when I was sailing closer to the islands. 

13 minutes ago, Percieval said:

I’m not experiencing that, I was talking about sea battles. I haven’t been in a larger battle than approx. 5 galleons and a couple schooners and it was fine, except when I was sailing closer to the islands.  

o_O

What the hell magic server are you on?    That's been the direct opposite of my experience, we go after anyone with even a 3v3 brig situation or such and the lag goes through the roof.

edit: are you on a private server?

Edited by Migolcow

34 minutes ago, Migolcow said:

o_O

What the hell magic server are you on?    That's been the direct opposite of my experience, we go after anyone with even a 3v3 brig situation or such and the lag goes through the roof.

edit: are you on a private server?

No on official. I’m not sure when it was, maybe it was in the morning for me (EU) so there weren’t that many players online, but it was fine. It has many factors

I don’t think and can’t see it getting any better, each mini server (grid) has so much stuff on them, from buildings, people, to lighthouses and materials. 

I don’t think the servers are dedicated, they seem hybrid Dedicated/P2P servers to me and if that’s the case.. the servers will NEVER age stable. 

That's one thing I have not had big issues with its usually the land battles that lag really bad.. have had battles with multiple ships without much issue even with lots of people in the zone.

LOL and yes they are dedicated servers.

1 hour ago, Migolcow said:

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG!!!!! They keep telling small groups and solo players the game is not for us its only for mega sized 500 person companies and I have said many many times before its not going to happen and the game will sink!!! 

The player base that will in the end drive this game is small to solo groups

11 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING ALL ALONG!!!!! They keep telling small groups and solo players the game is not for us its only for mega sized 500 person companies and I have said many many times before its not going to happen and the game will sink!!! 

The player base that will in the end drive this game is small to solo groups

Because you think this will stay forever? I have no clue what’s going on in your head. 

42 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Because you think this will stay forever? I have no clue what’s going on in your head. 

Given the games track record thus far, its a safe assumption lol. They did there best to make the game enjoyable for megas, while casting solo and small group balance on the back burner. We are now seeing in real time why that was a mistake.

Well this was a first.     We had another battle yesterday where, surprise suprise, we started fighting at sea and boom, 255 ping.      I wingsuited to land and then we got this message.    I'm very curious how the people who get teleported are selected, does it give "staying" priority to people who have land claims in the zone?    Totally random picks?    Will ships suddenly not be captained?     Etc etc

oversubscribed.jpg