Everyone, please help if you can. Since the update yesterday i've had this issue where the process CPU and RAM usages have become stupidly high. I will provide some examples with screenshots below;

Prior to the patch

unknown.png

After the patch

unknown.png

This has meants that my server previously running 9 shards quite easily is now crashing at only 4. This was also able to crash the game on my personal rig with only the 1 instance of the game running. If someone else is experiencing this, please speak up and try get this fixed with Wildcard.

Personal Rig Specs

Intel i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00Ghz Quad-Core;

Geforce GTX 1080;

16Gb Ram (Game was using 8Gb)..

Regards.

• Haha 1

More Information. My computers server was still on version 11 of the Atlas Dedi Server and this runs Perfect; 1.5-5% CPU and 2.2-2.5Gb RAM.

image.thumb.png.8b0aad81e8eef6e0fab581fc29b41d5f.png

Whilst an Updated server on V14 runs at this;

image.thumb.png.6599d361c88b18a291235d9f11be3db9.png

BOTH are idle with 0 players connected.

Regards,

2 hours ago, Patcher said:

image.png.0c45310d7d1ad684603a71506fc055e8.png

Interesting....This is my dedicated with 50+ connected.

What command line parameters do you use?

Screenshot_106.png.758d3d9636e7f74dd32747ff041c0098.png

A:\AtlasServer\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=1?ServerY=2?AltSaveDirectoryName=B3_1-2?MaxPlayers=30?ReservedPlayerSlots=0?RCONEnabled=True?RCONPort=28630?QueryPort=28615?Port=28600?SeamlessIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX?ForceAllStructureLocking=true -log -server -NoBattlEye

5 PLayers connected on the screenshot.

Did you tried without BattlEye ?

Well, a little surprise.

They say that entering this line in Engine.ini reduces CPU consumption

[/script/onlinesubsystemutils.ipnetdriver]
NetServerMaxTickRate = 17

7 hours ago, Emeric said:

Yeah i forgot to mention i have set this option to NetServerMaxTickRate=15

No difference for me.

I have a 9 server cluster for 5 players (just some friends and I)

It is running on my old games machine, a I7 4470K, onboard graphics and 8Gb DDR3 2400. With this config I could only get 7 servers to load (I wasn't surprised) and CPU usage seemed ok.

I splashed out and bought 32Gb of DDR3 1333 (I couldn't afford anything higher), all 9 servers load and run fine, when settled using about 15Gb with 3 of us on the same server. However, my CPU usage is now showing 100%, but oddly the game runs really smooth. I can even open Firefox with several tabs and the game still runs really nice.

Therefore, I am very confused, why such high CPU usage without the game being laggy?

2 hours ago, Kaitlynn Allen said:

No difference for me.

I have a 9 server cluster for 5 players (just some friends and I)

It is running on my old games machine, a I7 4470K, onboard graphics and 8Gb DDR3 2400. With this config I could only get 7 servers to load (I wasn't surprised) and CPU usage seemed ok.

I splashed out and bought 32Gb of DDR3 1333 (I couldn't afford anything higher), all 9 servers load and run fine, when settled using about 15Gb with 3 of us on the same server. However, my CPU usage is now showing 100%, but oddly the game runs really smooth. I can even open Firefox with several tabs and the game still runs really nice.

Therefore, I am very confused, why such high CPU usage without the game being laggy?

I'm very suprised you can run 7 servers with only 8Gb DDR3. The screenshot i posted in my previous post was on a server with a Intel  i7-7700K OC and 64Go DDR4 2400 and i'm using 46% of the memory with only 6 servers.

1 hour ago, Emeric said:

I'm very suprised you can run 7 servers with only 8Gb DDR3. The screenshot i posted in my previous post was on a server with a Intel  i7-7700K OC and 64Go DDR4 2400 and i'm using 46% of the memory with only 6 servers.

I was too. There were never more than 3 players on the entire cluster at any one time, but not sure how much that really factored in.

This will be stupid but just spent hours on this on my other physical server trying to figure out what was different/wrong. Set your day0 to some time in 2018.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/25/2019 at 8:37 PM, Psychoboy said:

This will be stupid but just spent hours on this on my other physical server trying to figure out what was different/wrong. Set your day0 to some time in 2018.

WHAT THE HELL!!! :classic_ohmy:😂

I'm running a 1x1 grid (v18.65) with lots of islands, and it took 10GB RAM at 125-140% CPU with 0 players on a i7-4770K on a Wine/linux box (percentage is aggregate across cores)

I tried the NetServerMaxTickRate=15 trick, and it dropped the usage to ~70%. Nice!

Then I read your post, and went "naaaah, really?"

Changed my Day0 in ServerGrid.json, just changed the 2019 date generated by the tool to 2018. Usage is now ~25-32%...

WTF!!! You da man! :classic_laugh:

No, i tried it yesterday - Day0 cause this problem. @esditas

Same Setup with Set day0 in 2019 - CPU Usage 100% by 16 Server
Change Day0 to any day in 2018 - CPU Usage 35% by 16 Server

Maybe there are other things that cause this problem - but Day0 is one of them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wikinger said:

No, i tried it yesterday - Day0 cause this problem. @esditas

Same Setup with Set day0 in 2019 - CPU Usage 100% by 16 Server
Change Day0 to any day in 2018 - CPU Usage 35% by 16 Server

Maybe there are other things that cause this problem - but Day0 is one of them.

After talking to someone you can modify your Engine.ini with the "NetServerMaxTickRate = 17" 

path.png.9e509e5e0c02d26af005b71b70d7247d.png

^^^ this file, just add the things that were discussed in this thread and then right click on the file (engine.ini) select "Properties" then click the check box "Read-Only"

read-only.png.bba6ab1cfbe1216295aa88ec45f8c851.png

taskmanager.png.0f41a72cd250a090bc2b0a4dc873e6cb.png

Edited by RogerRoger101

Yeah, but this isnt a solution in my case 😉

"NetServerMaxTickRate = 17"   is set up to 20 on my servers.
I can reproduce the problem by changing the day0 without change the "NetServerMaxTickRate".

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Wikinger said:

Yeah, but this isnt a solution in my case 😉

"NetServerMaxTickRate = 17"   is set up to 20 on my servers.
I can reproduce the problem by changing the day0 without change the "NetServerMaxTickRate".

fair enough then it's a Day0 issue.  Hopefully, this thread helps others.