Sign in to follow this  
Scorpionshawn

335 HOURS OF LOOKING FOR LAND TO CLAIM IS BORING, HOMELESS COMPANY!!!

Lets be clear about this. With out at least a little land claim your pretty much done with this game. Trolls shut up on this about joining someone big company what if I want to be a big company and no one joins "I dont" but what if???  Then your still back to no land!

Let me get this straight, you can have unlimited land or the cap for land claims is stupid high. Then you can have beds all over the place and when someone tries to take one of your lands you can just teleport presto to the land and BAM!!!! shit out of luck kid. 

FIX THIS WITH 3 LAND CLAIMS PER PLAYER! 

You don't need more than that at all and if someone really wants to be on one of your 3 land claims then the taxes make prefect since because there must be a very value resource there to want it other wise the system now is really bad and foolish!

335 HOURS.jpg

Edited by Scorpionshawn
  • Like 1

Crappy answer but it's the best I've got... People that were here from the start and quit will be reaching 100 soon so will die and their land will become available, sadly on pve I don't have a better plan 

I'm not gonna be a troll and say you need to join a big company. All I can say is that there have been many players that have found some bit of land to claim after less than 335 hours. 

1 minute ago, TerrorTrooper said:

Lawless.. settled there after a week of searching for a claim. Never looked back!!

Lawless is a awful place to build it often gets laggy with crazy over building and zoo keeping. It reminds me of Ark when you would go to a place on the map that would get super laggy and then you would see it...... a massavie stupid box base.

5 minutes ago, Zhoutai said:

Crappy answer but it's the best I've got... People that were here from the start and quit will be reaching 100 soon so will die and their land will become available, sadly on pve I don't have a better plan 

2011453299_SCORPION85.jpg.55c3e90273281dd7bf9ef7a3edcf1da1.jpg

Ill be 100 soon as well and not a lot to show for 😞

4 minutes ago, arzosah said:

Have you tried polar regions

Polar is cancer... but yeah, they are the only bet left on official propably, unless someone is kind enough to spare 1 flag (in case of pve, in pvp they just gonna kill thou and teabag for showing up). So the thing with polar is that there is no fiber, wood is very scarce, no vitamin A and C and the most important thing, yetis. They have thousands and thousands of hp, they take increased damage just like cyclopses... but doesn't help if they have like 2-10k hp depending on lvl, they move faster than player and they hit hard from strenght of a bear to strenght of an lvl 249 alpha wolf. They are also everywhere and respawn just as fast as predators on normal islands, not to mention wolves are also there so 2x cancer.

• Like 1

When I realized that I needed multiple types of resources for blueprints, I decided to pick up and move to a region that bordered multiple biomes, this result in me settling in the tundra, not quite as bad as polar, but I was able to find a place to set up in a couple hours of searching. I just landed on an island and ran around with my flag out and waited for it to turn blue.

14 minutes ago, arzosah said:

Have you tried polar regions

we did and there was some land there to claim. WITH NOTHING MORE THAN WOLFS!!! there isnt any fiber at all and you need it for building everything. Unlike Ark you could make metal bases without fiber and wood.

2 minutes ago, Olthoi said:

Show us a screenshot of your explored map.

map so far.jpg

Well, I started in freeport, made lvl 8. Ventured to Lawless- settled there. Started to build a couple of ships, get some basic tames. Lawless is not the bad. Just log in every 2-3 days. Lock your stuff. Then slowly venture out. Camp on your raft or whatever, what the shores for activity. Then start claiming away. Its part of the game. We now have 2 claimed lands. Took over half a day for the one. But now we call it home. All done within 75hrs of Atlas, and started on day 1.

3 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

we did and there was some land there to claim. WITH NOTHING MORE THAN WOLFS!!! there isnt any fiber at all and you need it for building everything. Unlike Ark you could make metal bases without fiber and wood.

map so far.jpg

I understand it takes a long time, but you have explored less than 10% of the possible map.

The tundra region I'm in doesn't have any fiber, I just take a bear to a bordering region an collect 100k fiber and bring it back.  You're making a mistake if you expect to find everything you need in one grid, you have to travel to get resources, that's just how the game is laid out.

Edited by arzosah
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, arzosah said:

The tundra region I'm in doesn't have any fiber, I just take a bear to a bordering region an collect 100k fiber and bring it back.  You're making a mistake if you expect to find everything you need in one grid, you have to travel to get resources, that's just how the game is laid out.

Exactly.  I need to travel to get salt among other things. As much of a pain in the ass as that is, I like the game more for it.

6 minutes ago, DOA said:

Well, I started in freeport, made lvl 8. Ventured to Lawless- settled there. Started to build a couple of ships, get some basic tames. Lawless is not the bad. Just log in every 2-3 days. Lock your stuff. Then slowly venture out. Camp on your raft or whatever, what the shores for activity. Then start claiming away. Its part of the game. We now have 2 claimed lands. Took over half a day for the one. But now we call it home. All done within 75hrs of Atlas, and started on day 1.

Man you think Im the only one with this prob that has been on this game from day 1? Im not new to this style of game and I have almost 4 hours into Ark. So i know wtf Im doing you just are lucky or full of shit! I mean in theory i think thats what suppose to happen in the game but the reality is that it doesn't.

Edited by Scorpionshawn

1 minute ago, arzosah said:

The tundra region I'm in doesn't have any fiber, I just take a bear to a bordering region an collect 100k fiber and bring it back.

we just got some added on our island in tundra. Cotton is from the red leaf'd plants now. but we were in the same position. It's a lot faster still to sail to a close region and collect tons of fiber and sail back. But at least we can grab some for quick things now.

The tundra is a rough place to live but I think there might be some space along the shore on our big island in K3. Just talking to people in the areas can help too, even if you have to do the long AF contesting they usually know who is active.

Just bring fur armor and a lot of organic paste. Be ready to be killed by wolves a lot. but our resources are pretty good, save the fiber.

7 minutes ago, Olthoi said:

I understand it takes a long time, but you have explored less than 10% of the possible map.

HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA......

REALLY DUDE! ITS BORING!!!!! 

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

Sounds like you should just quit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Virkatjol said:

we just got some added on our island in tundra. Cotton is from the red leaf'd plants now. but we were in the same position. It's a lot faster still to sail to a close region and collect tons of fiber and sail back. But at least we can grab some for quick things now.

The tundra is a rough place to live but I think there might be some space along the shore on our big island in K3. Just talking to people in the areas can help too, even if you have to do the long AF contesting they usually know who is active.

Just bring fur armor and a lot of organic paste. Be ready to be killed by wolves a lot. but our resources are pretty good, save the fiber.

Big island on K3 is where I'm at, and it's a decent spot. seen a lot of people show up in the last couple weeks but there might be some space, at the very least fairly friendly people.

• Like 2

Just now, Scorpionshawn said:

if you think sailing is boring, then maybe this isn't the game for you? You seem to hate everything about this game on the forum.

Personally going out and exploring is fun to me, but I guess I have a home base. So maybe it's not quite the same.

Just now, arzosah said:

Big island on K3 is where I'm at, and it's a decent spot. seen a lot of people show up in the last couple weeks but there might be some space, at the very least fairly friendly people.

Howdy neighbor! What company are you in?

He reminds me of Derek Smart a little bit.

Edited by Holera

1 minute ago, Virkatjol said:

if you think sailing is boring, then maybe this isn't the game for you? You seem to hate everything about this game on the forum.

Personally going out and exploring is fun to me, but I guess I have a home base. So maybe it's not quite the same.

Void, I'm the only person from my company up there.

• Like 1

Just now, arzosah said:

Void, I'm the only person from my company up there.

I'm in the Wandering Stars. We are basically actual neighbors! ❤️ thanks again for the use of your taming pen for that elephant!

2 minutes ago, Olthoi said:

Sounds like you should just quit

HOW MANY NUMBERS OF PLAYERS WILL QUIT BECAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM????

They just need to narrow the god damn land claims down or else this is going to be a on going problem for new players unless they feel like the die hard people thats are now playing is all they need. Oh and they are okay with out making any more money off the game.

4 minutes ago, Virkatjol said:

I love sailing i dont love sailing for 335 hours looking for a descent land to claim to really setting into the game.

2 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I love sailing i dont love sailing for 335 hours looking for a descent land to claim to really setting into the game.

I can understand that. Head over to K3, i bet we can find some shore for you!