Sign in to follow this  
Talono

Ninja patch 14, patch notes are only for VIP ?

Not that i want to complain as i can spawn in my lawless base bed now... but could his devine majesty, Mr. dev, send us lower mortals the patch notes please ? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Talono said:

Not that i want to complain as i can spawn in my lawless base bed now... but could his devine majesty, Mr. dev, send us lower mortals the patch notes please ? Thanks in advance.

ROFL if only we matter as EA players and backers

nice communication @devs. And seeing the upcoming patchnotes, this game will die fast. Why on earth are you already adding new content before fixing the game as it is right now? This really is Ark 2.0.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, schio248 said:

nice communication @devs. And seeing the upcoming patchnotes, this game will die fast. Why on earth are you already adding new content before fixing the game as it is right now? This really is Ark 2.0.

Shush.

13 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

Shush.

As sarcastic as he is being, he makes an extremely valid point. By added new features without fixing existing problems, they are only going to create more problems for the pile. In turn creating more reasons for players to lose interest in a game with features, mechanics and content that doesn't work as intended.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, schio248 said:

They said it hundreds of times today during their stream.

Work is being done in parallel. 

9 minutes ago, Jaite said:

They said it hundreds of times today during their stream.

Work is being done in parallel. 

People that went through arks development just dont believe them and for good reason.

1 hour ago, schio248 said:

Two words: Production Schedules

Game production is divided into several separate lines of work.  One group continues to actually work on the game while a completely separate group works on bug fixes.

2 hours ago, schio248 said:

I have spent a good deal of time complaining about specific game breaking issues that need to be fixed myself (PvE ship sinking mostly) but in general there is a pretty good defense to this: The game is in early access.

I know, you probably think that's just an excuse... but in reality the game is in a very early developmental state. The standard practice of game development at this stage is to get all the content in as fast a possible and THEN worry about fixing issues. Obviously things are a little different with an Early Access title since people have paid for the game and are playing it. As such, major game breaking issues do need to be addressed but you should know going in that fixing issues probably won't be a major focus for a while. 

To me it very much seems like they are taking the same approach as they did with ARK. Anyone that played ARK long enough, knows that it does not work. ARK never got fixed.

As of now, ATLAS has 67% negative reviews on steam and i can almost guarantee that less than 1% of those reviews are due to lack of content. Though, adding content almost always generates more bugs.

But none of this actually matters. More content generates more fancy trailers and thus more sales than a bug free game. Who cares about people that already bought the game.

7 hours ago, schio248 said:

Who cares about people that already bought the game.

Certainly not Grapeshot, we know that much!