dragovzs

My ship was sunk when i sleep

Question

hELLO EVRYONE MY SHIP WAS SUNK WHEN I SLLEP SERVER PVE SHIP WAS ANCHORED NEAR BEACH ;/ 

18 answers to this question

I don't think it is intentional ship sinking,i think is more to do with tornadoes because i witnessed a galleon sunk by tornado damage.To help us with problem solving,we should have a more informed company log,like more than simply saying "destroyed or removed"like HOW was it destroyed?

Also how are we to protect our ship from damage offline,nobody can play a game 24/7?I also noticed that hull damage is NOT realistic,as soon as you repair within a few minutes they are damaged again.

• Like 1

we lost 3 ships too while we were not online. it happened 2-3 hours before . they have to fix this encumbered ship sink stuff. 

mój statek zatonął e7 on zakotwiczony w pobliżu statku na plaży nie jest uszkodzony dzień 765 10:20:33 twój tyfon (brygantyna) został zniszczony serwer pve sirrens call

moje imię w grze adrian92 bartex

przepraszam za angielski z Polski 😉

Edited by dragovzs

Despite a half hearted effort from the devs to fix ship sinking in PvE, its still relatively easy to sink other players ships. Best not to launch new ships until its fully fixed. 

This needs to be addressed for all server versions, both PVE and PVP, as unmanned and anchored ships, should be rendered immune to damage and weight-related sinking.

Players can still take 20000kg on body... and anybody can still sink ships

Edited by Loop

after all the suggestions given, they went for this "fix" which causes more inconvenience to the innocent than to the ones with malicious intent. ships are still getting sunk daily. anchored ships should be immune on pve at least. 

ladders down?

could be everything. storms, grief, decay.. 

need more information. was it in a freeport? lawless zone? someone elses claim? tropical climate? 

Was this in a freeport? If it was there is your answer they decay within hours if you leave one there. If not more than likely you got griefed by someone intentionally trying to sink your ship they have implemented a fix for this but its not the best. Best bet if you launch a ship is to make sure your ladders are all up and this is not a guarantee as if they work in teams one of them can climb up to release the ladder for the overweight player. I keep forgetting but i am going to try and destroy the emergency ladder to my boat leaving me with only the option to use picks or a hook to get back on the ship. It will be annoying but hey they wont be able to overweight my ship because they cant climb up while carrying that much weight. Sadly we as players that just want to protect our time have to find ways to workaround currently but its better than no fix at all. 

weight sinking is still so easy to do. oh you float when on a anchored ship no worries press T to whistle their ladder down and just sit on it with 40k weight , ship sunk GG. they find a way to block the ladder then  just fall onto their boat with 40k weight and drop all inventory , ship will sink within 5 minutes anyway on the off chance it does not sink you just hold o on the dropped items to redrop them therefore extending the timer by 2 minutes and pick up items and redrop as needed till it sinks. devs dont really care when it comes to pve. all these grief mechanics are just valid strategies for pvp, if they really cared they would have just patched the ability to pick up 40k weight by now

Edited by wakkytabbaky

One thing Mephos suggested that no one I think is really paying attention to is storms. I'm seeing a lot of ships with really low hull HP due to storms because no one is maintaining it. Maintenance is part of the game, you can either hire an NPC and put them idle, anchor, and they will maintain it, or you can login regularly to maintain it. Either way you have to maintain the ship and/or the crew. There are SO many ships parked on the PVE server that aren't touched for days, if not weeks that there has to be some kind of game mechanic to require you to actually play the game. Not to mention the rafts... my god the amount of abandoned rafts...

If this wasn't a persistent game world with limited space it wouldn't be such a big deal, but in reality it is, and there should be some kind of small, regular thing you have to keep up with to continue to keep your property.

I know, probably unpopular opinion but that's the realist in me.

One thing that I noticed is that whenever my ship can have 16 crewmembers/tames on board, and I have, let's say, 13 crew/tames on board, as soon as I have 4 wild seaguls stuck in my ship, so a total of 17 creatures on board - going 1 over the limit due to wild animals, my ship starts sinking as well... It would be great if they can take away wild creatures counting towards the ships limit.

Edited by KayaBorealis

last night i was travelling through m2  to get into m3  when i was told that i could not pass through into m3 so i tried a different  zone and the same thing, failed to travel through try later and all that shit....  I park my ship on one of the island west one out the way. dropped anchor and left the game for the night to try again today... what i find when i log back on MY SHIP AND EVERYTHING I OWN SUNK.  pvp eu sirens .... thanks for nothing.

20190201091046_1.jpg

This night I have been the witness of an attack on PVE EU  in E10, from chinese maybe, not sure, they were talking with those square things when the language is not recognized by yourself. If it's not chinese, it's not occidental alphabet.

The Company is "Winter is Coming" and they are using some bugs to play like in PVP but on PVE.

They use a sloop to lure a ship of the damned to the coast close from where they want to attack and then let it destroy by them. Then the ship of the damned attack everything in range. This bug was supposed to be fixed. The ship of the damned are not supposed to aggro to ship when it is already anchored, but clearly it's not working.

I wasn't targeted but I tried to saved other people ships, attacking the ship of the damned with a pick, it was stuck in a shipyard. I finally got help at the end after calling for help on the chat. 

It had time to sink 2 ships. Right after the ship of the damned was destroyed, another ship from the same company "Winter is coming" which was waiting to approach, came and salvaged everything. My idea was to salvage the ship too to save some stuff for the guys but it was a galleon and just one plank and I couldn't move anymore so I gave up.

It was around 6 - 7am when few people from where they attack or nobody is online.

Those guys should be wiped out from the PVE server and forced to go on the PVP, starting from nothing .

Apparently this is not the first time and and attack on other grids. They were talking about that and the coordinates of the grids was the only thing I could read.

The other day 5 ships was sunk around, and the guy who helped me at the end told me they did it yesterday too.

• Like 1

I had a SOTD sink my ship, and sharks ate my crew and my tame bear, while I swam to my ally's boat climbed in and he sailed towards shore, when he got kinda close before everything renders, I jumped off and swam to the beach and he kept sailing down the beach, I look up from the beach to see the SOTD right next to me almost on the beach still firing at me trying to kill me, so I ran up the beach to my Allys boat he had stopped to pick me up and watched the SOTD try to chase me up the beach, but it couldnt get around someones shipyard, and it finally gave up.  Come on its not enough for the SOTD to sink my ship it has to chase me to the land and along the beach too.  Why don't they stop chasing when they get close to land, the water was too shallow for my Allys schooner but no problem for the SOTD.   WTF! 

On 2/2/2019 at 4:46 PM, Tex34 said:

This night I have been the witness of an attack on PVE EU  in E10, from chinese maybe, not sure, they were talking with those square things when the language is not recognized by yourself. If it's not chinese, it's not occidental alphabet.

The Company is "Winter is Coming" and they are using some bugs to play like in PVP but on PVE.

They use a sloop to lure a ship of the damned to the coast close from where they want to attack and then let it destroy by them. Then the ship of the damned attack everything in range. This bug was supposed to be fixed. The ship of the damned are not supposed to aggro to ship when it is already anchored, but clearly it's not working.

I wasn't targeted but I tried to saved other people ships, attacking the ship of the damned with a pick, it was stuck in a shipyard. I finally got help at the end after calling for help on the chat. 

It had time to sink 2 ships. Right after the ship of the damned was destroyed, another ship from the same company "Winter is coming" which was waiting to approach, came and salvaged everything. My idea was to salvage the ship too to save some stuff for the guys but it was a galleon and just one plank and I couldn't move anymore so I gave up.

It was around 6 - 7am when few people from where they attack or nobody is online.

Those guys should be wiped out from the PVE server and forced to go on the PVP, starting from nothing .

Apparently this is not the first time and and attack on other grids. They were talking about that and the coordinates of the grids was the only thing I could read.

The other day 5 ships was sunk around, and the guy who helped me at the end told me they did it yesterday too.

this is stil haping what i can see on forums theres atleast 10 companies who came to the forum for this exploid yet nothing is done about it ban the whole freaking company there in violation of ure code of conduct on pve servers keep this up and ure game is gone be dead before u can even release it make a statement !!!!!