Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

So this is a problem we are at.

Official = large scale mmo

Private = small scale 30+ players

Costs are too high to go to private

cheats heavy in official, no wipe, too many exploits already used.

Numbers declined heavy, because of these reasons not including lag, and buggy game play.

We have not heard of official wiping of servers yet.

So where are we at as backers for this project?

They need to improve BattleEye, fix major bugs and glitches and then they can do wipe. Wipe is total waste without figuring out how to deal with cheaters and without fixing major bugs. Numbers are solid, 30k during week is nice number, its about 35-40k during weekends. Not bad at all.

Edited by Willard

6 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Official = large scale mmo

cheats heavy in official, no wipe, too many exploits already used.

Numbers declined heavy, because of these reasons not including lag, and buggy game play.

We have not heard of official wiping of servers yet.

So where are we at as backers for this project?

If shit doesn't change numbers in player will keep dropping and the reputation of the game will be "Do not buy"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willard said:

They need to improve BattleEye, fix major bugs and glitches and then htey can do wipe. Wipe is total waste without figuring out how to deal with cheaters. Numbers are solid, 30k during week is nice number, its about 35-40k during weekends. Not bad at all.

There is many un official servers that add those numbers up. PVP is a big problem right now, but pve has had its fair share of issues too last i heard.

The duping and admin abuse on official has me worried as a investor. I already put in many hours to find out brute force hacks being used all over the place.

So do we spend another ton of time waiting until we officially get a word down the road?

This is a LIF game turning out to be, and to lose so much due to exploits is horrible. It takes a ton of time to get there.

We really deserve a good response on the issues at hand, not a cold restart.

Honestly I say let this run its course till there is a major update that fixes and changes a HUGE amount of things.  Like when they add death due to old age, fix the armor weights, and other weights in game.  Actually get battleeye working 90-100% effective.   Those would be things that would warrant a wipe at that point. 

I would shuffle the map islands so it would be a complete reset.   

Wipe is a total waste right now. They need to have a good and working battle eye, a good claiming system and all the bugs that are known at this point, fixed. If all of that has been done, they can add a wipe. Or that doesn't need to happen if there are many players hacking in different major companies, when that happens the whole company gets wiped. Frees up land.

Edited by Percieval

15 minutes ago, Percieval said:

Wipe is a total waste right now. They need to have a good and working battle eye, a good claiming system and all the bugs that are known at this point, fixed. If all of that has been done, they can add a wipe. Or that doesn't need to happen if there are many players hacking in different major companies, when that happens the whole company gets wiped. Frees up land.

I agree about the bugs, and exploits needs to be closed down before any major wipe. I just dont agree that we should let these cheaters go freely. This is why i feel an official response is really needed to the player base, that they are willing to wipe after fixes are done. But to say nothing about it and expect it to be swept under the carpet and show us the same way they handled ark is starting to concern me if in fact they really are for the players.

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

I agree about the bugs, and exploits needs to be closed down before any major wipe. I just dont agree that we should let these cheaters go freely. This is why i feel an official response is really needed to the player base, that they are willing to wipe after fixes are done. But to say nothing about it and expect it to be swept under the carpet and show us the same way they handled ark is starting to concern me if in fact they really are for the players.

I wish we could expect something different than the way Ark's entire development cycle and marketing/community management was handled. We are not going to get it - especially if this launch has been any indication of BAU (business as usual). We are in week four now, the player falloff is to be expected. I imagine we won't get a wipe until grapeshot sees a consistent falloff to around 10k concurrent. I would hope that they really get a handle on the rampant cheating, and many of the bugs that watched the playerbase leave in droves after the first week. Much of the backend server stuff is getting WAY better - but they have a long ways to go in regards to a full wipe on the officials. Whats the point if returning players log into the same buggy, cheating, land claim  mess?

10 minutes ago, Tentarro said:

This would be mostly solved if they just region locked China.

Plenty of Americans and euro's abusing and exploiting as well.. Don't fool yourselves, though land claims would sure be nice to have available

1 minute ago, Roughrider said:

Plenty of Americans and euro's abusing and exploiting as well.. Don't fool yourselves, though land claims would sure be nice to have available

Yeah but I'm not as worried about losing my entire base to an American or Euro name than I am to a Chinese name flying around and breaking everything in one hit.

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

This is actually not really the case.  There are some private servers with a lot higher population and grids of 6x6 already.   That's 36 servers because people are creating a coalition of gamers that all pitch in to pay for the costs of the servers.  It's making for a really tight knit community on some clusters.  Theres even a really well run cluster with pvp and pve and RP.  And they have 4 factions they've created thru discord.  It's really fun.

I predict there will be HUGE unofficial clusters someday with a monthly fee setup to pay for it all.

This game will evolve and grow just like ARK did because of the players ingenuity and imaginations... and talented modders of course. 

Im really hopeful for this game especially now that the devkit is here!  I think the next 3 months are gonna be very transformative. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dorf said:

This is actually not really the case.  There are some private servers with a lot higher population and grids of 6x6 already.   That's 36 servers because people are creating a coalition of gamers that all pitch in to pay for the costs of the servers.  It's making for a really tight knit community on some clusters.  Theres even a really well run cluster with pvp and pve and RP.  And they have 4 factions they've created thru discord.  It's really fun.

I predict there will be HUGE unofficial clusters someday with a monthly fee setup to pay for it all.

This game will evolve and grow just like ARK did because of the players ingenuity and imaginations... and talented modders of course. 

Im really hopeful for this game especially now that the devkit is here!  I think the next 3 months are gonna be very transformative. 

Jep its my plan to join one of those eventually. Makes it so much more fun.

• Like 1

Gonna see a huge jump in private servers now that a non cluster based client has released with the dev kit....course till theres a few up and running we wont know what the gameplay on a seamless map is like.

I know one thing is, unless this game is running decent, and they do take a stance for online bs in official i will not be buying any DLC due to past histroy with this company under EA direction.

The second is i wont be buying another game that they produce.

It has been since the release of ARK i am starting to get it now. So whats this say about the way they are handling things? exactly as predicted with cheating and exploiting.

3 hours ago, Scorpionshawn said:

the reputation of the game will be "Do not buy"

the reputation "Do not buy" is active since day one dude

The game is dead. They spent too much time making changes to keep megas interested. While completely ignoring small group and solo players. Now we see the result of that ill advised development decision.

And thats setting aside all kf tbe hacking and exploits. Which would be more forgivable if the game was fun.

gg atlas, gg.