Jump to content

nighty

Ship sink bug PVE

Recommended Posts

Has anything been done about this yet? Looking in the patch notes I don't see anything but maybe they patched a fix in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a week of gathering wood, straw, fiber and metal ... last night we finished the galleon. We used it 10 minutes to go from the construction area to the nearest freeport and we anchored it there before disconnecting. This morning I logged in the game and I found the galleon....SUNKEN. The LOG clearly shows suspicious activity at the same time it sank.

 

AH.....The day before we lost the brigantine due to a bug: it began to spin like a fidget spinner on a small dry and then the walls just exploded.

 

 

20190124121243_12.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would never anchor any ship at a freeport for an extended amount of time because of the increased decay. Hopefully you didn't just lose your ship to decay. Regardless I can't believe of all the "balance" changes and yet nothing about a fix on anchored PVE boats. 

36 minutes ago, Cpt Al3storm said:

We used it 10 minutes to go from the construction area to the nearest freeport and we anchored it there before disconnecting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cpt Al3storm said:

After a week of gathering wood, straw, fiber and metal ... last night we finished the galleon. We used it 10 minutes to go from the construction area to the nearest freeport and we anchored it there before disconnecting. This morning I logged in the game and I found the galleon....SUNKEN. The LOG clearly shows suspicious activity at the same time it sank.

 

AH.....The day before we lost the brigantine due to a bug: it began to spin like a fidget spinner on a small dry and then the walls just exploded.

 

 

20190124121243_12.jpg

you got sunk by freeport decay.  That "add/remove" suspicious is launching the dinghy.  When a dinghy is launched, it's a whole new ship that is built, and then it gets removed when it gets called back up.

So at least in your case, it was just lack of knowing that freeports DESTROY ships.  I cannot believe they are putting trading there, nobody in their right mind would ever go to a freeport in any ship bigger than a schooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kirves said:

I would never anchor any ship at a freeport for an extended amount of time because of the increased decay. Hopefully you didn't just lose your ship to decay. Regardless I can't believe of all the "balance" changes and yet nothing about a fix on anchored PVE boats. 

 

So you're telling me that a player who is not aware about that and is forced to dock in a freeport and stay there for a long time .....he must resign himself to the fact that he will lose the boat?

I lost the Galleon and all the stuff inside of course. And other players are looting it.

2 minutes ago, Archsenex said:

you got sunk by freeport decay.  That "add/remove" suspicious is launching the dinghy.  When a dinghy is launched, it's a whole new ship that is built, and then it gets removed when it gets called back up.

So at least in your case, it was just lack of knowing that freeports DESTROY ships.  I cannot believe they are putting trading there, nobody in their right mind would ever go to a freeport in any ship bigger than a schooner.

I did not know about that...for example. They should write it clearly somewhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cpt Al3storm said:

So you're telling me that a player who is not aware about that and is forced to dock in a freeport and stay there for a long time .....he must resign himself to the fact that he will lose the boat?

 

For the time being, yes.  They don't want players to park in freeports, both to avoid having those zones become clogged with people, and to not give PVP players a safe place to park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kirves said:

Has anything been done about this yet? Looking in the patch notes I don't see anything but maybe they patched a fix in?

Nope. The devs are too busy making sure the streamers are happy and making inexplicable "balance" changes to fix game breaking PvE bugs apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

For the time being, yes.  They don't want players to park in freeports, both to avoid having those zones become clogged with people, and to not give PVP players a safe place to park.

The fact that ships decay in freeports really isn't an issue... its that there is no way for players to know that if they haven't seen it on the forums or in the patch notes. Pretty big oversight to have a system in place where people could lose a Galleon in a few hours without any in-game notification. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

 

For the time being, yes.  They don't want players to park in freeports, both to avoid having those zones become clogged with people, and to not give PVP players a safe place to park.

Well.... a lot of players, including everyone I know, do not know  about that... 
Writing it clearly somewhere when you enter a Freeport area is too complicated apparently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will the ladders bug be fixed I wonder.. Since devs can't seem to understand the issue this is caussing on PVE.

We have lost 2 brigs and a galleon because for some reason devs think somebody else being able to activate ladders from outside your company is ok.

This is a major glitch that should've been fixed ASAP.

For anybody that doesn't know this, ANYBODY can extend your ladders and hang on to them to overweight your ship and sink it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, uaf said:

For anybody that doesn't know this, ANYBODY can extend your ladders and hang on to them to overweight your ship and sink it.

This is why my finished galleon will probably not get dropped in the water. Hopefully i'll be able to drop it one of these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had someone come by last night while we were out whale hunting and sink our galleon that was anchored at base.  An ally alerted us about it as the ship went down and said he seen a schooner with the foreign name sailing away.   Spent 3 hours swimming down demolishing the wreckage after the hour and half sail back from whaling.   Picked up our heads and begin building a new galleon logged in this morning to our brig sunk and possibly the same schooner at our neighbors place ramming their brig.  After telling them we had screen shots they logged off.  Came back over 10 min later and the schooner was gone but now we are having to rebuild 2 ships.  Didn't think in pve ships were able to take ramming damage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you can only ram a galleon with a galleon. But a galleon can ram anything. Regardless doesn't surprise me that there is ramming damage on PVE. Since most things are the same on PVE and PVP. Guns got nerfed for pvp balanceing now they do terrible damage on creatures in PVE. Fire arrows get nerfed because of PVP now we have to kill alpha's some other way on PVE. Point is when they do a balancing patch they don't only balance for one but both get effected without thinking about how it will effect the other. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 6:35 PM, ManlyPMS said:

I don't think so, not if they are pin-protected/locked at least.


However, it really doesn't matter in the end....bit of a rant...There's other ways to get onto ships other than climbing up, especially if there's a group effort (I'm greyhat but it's obvious how folks can blackhat these kinds of things in the game).

My goldfish came up with a better solution, as did the community in their compilation of ideas. Instead it feels like they are no better than Ark modders toying with only what they know, and unfortunately that lead to this 'fix' that resolves nothing and ended up causing even more problem. Most people getting stuck on ships are not even griefers but people checking designs out or just trying to get to their raft (which in freeports spawn in between other rafts when there are many, or even into eachother)

Any amateur player knows this solution would not have worked simply based on either experience of being griefed, griefing, or the loads of details available about the methods of ship griefing on twitter, reddit, forum (both here and steam). But here we are.

I'm far far less upset for myself than people losing armies of ships because of the devs ignorance and lack of discussion on the matter.

 

This is why it is imperative for companies like this to have paid employees who actually play their own game. You cannot expect to JUST listen to all of the customer complaints, you need to experience the issues yourself in order to correctly articulate the mater to the rest of your team and to properly address these kinds of bugs, exploits, programming anomalies.

I am a software developer and I can attest that these kinds of issues are NOT difficult to address and as an avid ARK modder I am already running through several ideas in my head. The real problem here is the priority, the Project Manager does not often adjust their priorities to accommodate sudden and player-based concerns. They have a vision, budget, and a plan and typically are remiss to make any uneducated changes to this plan unless it has been proven to be a necessity. SCRUM leaders do not introduce programming stories (programming term for issues) to their dev team unless they have been given the "go ahead" and that is rare. They already have a list of prioritized concerns and will faithfully allocate only those stories appearing from the list. Such is the business...

Edited by vaylain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought anyone with a basic comprehension of reading would understand why this is the biggest issue facing this game right now.

As it stands this gives anti-social griefers endless hours of enjoyment while the vast majority of normal sociable gamers have either stopped playing or no longer build ships, if developers don't understand this they have no business making MMO's, especially one based on.. ships. It just smacks of incompetence and is rather telling regarding the future of the game in general. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, all our tames got killed while completely built in stone barns by wild creatures spawned inside the barn. Then we also lost our Schooner, Sloop and the new Brigantine that was built yesterday on I8 EU-PVE...

The Wrecks were still there this morning but the looting bags are all gone. So I guess it has to be grief related destruction by owerweighting, or ramming with a galleon? This should not be possible on PVE Servers!!!!!

Only one sloop was left that our companyleader named at a joke "Annoyance"... That's a sad message from our griefers...

I have no desire to built any new ship without fixes to this madness...

Edited by Tacti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tacti said:

First, all our tames got killed while completely built in stone barns by wild creatures spawned inside the barn. Then we also lost our Schooner, Sloop and the new Brigantine that was built yesterday on I8 EU-PVE...

The Wrecks were still there this morning but the looting bags are all gone. So I guess it has to be grief related destruction by owerweighting, or ramming with a galleon? This should not be possible on PVE Servers!!!!!

Only one sloop was left that our companyleader named at a joke "Annoyance"... That's a sad message from our griefers...

I have no desire to built any new ship without fixes to this madness...

Same for us. We lost our sloop 3 days ago, and our Brigantine this night.

Once again, we found the same guys taking the last resources from remains. It was guys from TwitchTVAssassine84 company, with some tamed creature to hold resources. A guy named FishiiiTV was there, both time.

This company got same kind of loss 1 day before us. I wonder if they are not doing the same thing to others in order to get resources quickly to rebuild their ship again... or just frustration...

Anyway, i was playing on pve to be able to play with 2 friends only, small company. I know that i can't PvP with such a company, but i really hoped playing on PvE would be possible... No hope now. 

Edited by Barbozor
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disable ship sinking because of the weight.
Make them unable to move, but not sink !

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jatheish I would love to sail my galleon all over the atlas but the problem still is griefers sinking my boat. Is there any fix or solution in the future? Big part of your game is exploring every grid and every island and I feel like I can't do that unless I use a raft or sloop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand this is Early Access. But I don't understand why this cant be done asap because its killing gameplay. Current fix is bad. We already lost crapton of gear, time and company members. a lot of them quit already.

It should be just a matter of adding extra conditions for preventing overweight anchored ship from unmooring.

If somebody who is not in the company and tries to sleep overweight on your ship he is on foreign teritory and you should be able to drag his body over the deck, before rising the anchor.

 

Simple as that.

I have a galleon on my shipyard and until the overweight issue is fixed I am not launching that ship. If we loose any of the ships due to greefers whole company will quit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 9:52 PM, Jatheish said:

Will check this out, theoretically should be possible to solve it.

and after almost 10 days the problem isnt solved and the situation is the same.. i see daily more ship sinked on pve then when i was playing on pvp, its getting annoying..

not to mention the fact that if by mistake u accidentally jump on one of the 1000000 rafts that are gathering on our beaches u start floating forever and you cant even suicide after the latest fix to the parry mechanics and you have just to watch the monitor for hours praying for a miracle or a rapid death

Edited by Malyshka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a dingy a raft and a ramshackle sloop all abandoned that are either blocking or making access to stuff difficult I have had to help at least dozen people get off the raft cause it is right at the end of our shipyard and people do not look before they leap. We have lost stiff a few times cause of these boats . I would like them removed but I have no way of doing it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i lost my galleon yesterday and my neighbors lost some of theirs ships too . don`t understand why the devs doesn't fix this asap. 

EUPVE

screen.jpg

Edited by KimRSQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enemy players will no longer be able to climb ladders on anchored ships on PvE servers. This should hopefully prevent boats from being sunk. Going to lock down this thread now, but if there are more ways that people find let us know and we'll investigate.

Patched in v16.33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×