Donbaba

Transporting Animals on Ships

After taking all kinds of animals with us on a trip around the map to make tons of gold, we encountered several problems with animals on ships.

1. Animals jumping around. Everything bigger than a Tier 1 animal started jumping up and down on the spot they were standing after some time on sea. This didnt change our game expirience on this trip but at a certain amount of animals being on the ship this can cause some problems. 

2. Animals dropping a floor up or down on anchoring. This was annoying but didnt cause any greater problems since we could still drag them out of the ship with follow and place them back on top of the ship. 

3. Animals starting to fly after anchoring. I dont realy know how and why but our elephant decided to head skywards with a number of small jumps. Dont know if he would come back down on his own but we stopped his trip by whistleling him and he fel down. 

4. Animals disappearing. We werent keeping an eye on every animal all the time so on some point a horse got lost. Dont know how and why but it simply happened. 

5. Animals losing their passive setting after server crash. Server crashes somehow cause animals to switch to neutral in some situations and its not funny when your elephant decides to meele the ghost ship midfight. 

My suggestion for these problem would be some kind of animal boxes according to the tier of the animal. The animals can be locked to the pens like npc crewmates can be locked onto a cannon or chair. Also with the same option over the actionwheel. 

For tier 1 animals i would suggest a small box. In these boxes chicken would still lay eggs and you can pick them up and any shoulder animal can be taken out of it and placed on your shoulder with an actionwheel option. These boxes can be placed anywhere on the ship since you can also carry these animal

For tier 2 animals i would suggest animal pens. Something like horseboxes in stables in real life. Any resource animal can still be accesed by standing in front of the box to gather its ressources. I would lock these boxes to places cannons lock into when gunports are present to cause somepoint of decission between transporting animals and having fighting power (i know people build 3 story cannon towers on top of the ship and dont need gunports anymore but i dont like free placement of the animalboxes in this case.). They can also placed on top of the ship but will be easily destroyed there by ghost ship in pve and other players in pvp. 

For tier 3 animals i would suggest some kind of pole they get "chained" to. These poles take up like 2x2 space in foundations. These poles can only be placed on top of the ship because the animals are simply to big to be under deck and are kind of durable to substain ghostships, other ships and the "strength" of the animal roleplaywise, maybe costing alloy to justify the sturdiness. 

I hope you like my suggestion and give your feedback to my ideas.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Not that this is helpful... but I thought one day it would be funny to make Noah's ark- get a galleon and fill it with 2 of every animal. That is all.

• Like 1

A "T" option for gates for placement in ships decks as large hatchways. Would make it possible to get animals below decks and still have a ships deck to work on.

I would prefer a ship add on “Animal pen” that would allow you to store them like blueprints in cabinet. Make them reasonable for the ship type. Then if people still run around with a floating zoo on deck it’s on them.

To Add to this: Ever lost a Tame? If so, now try to find it.....Tames when tamed become company assets. With a Company number and individual number like Boats and beds. Here's the catch though...WHY are they not tracked as assets? There is absolutely no way to find a lost tame. Even Private server GM's have no way to find a companies assets. 

Why are tames not added to the company roster with location?  When they kill something or even die it's listed in the company log...but as an asset it's not listed anywhere to show it as an asset or any way to track it down as an asset.

Boats being the same way...Company Log: Your (name of boat) was Destroyed - that's it...no location,. no idea where this boat even is..

NEEDS TO BE MORE ACCOUNTABILITY OF ASSETS!!!

They should fix the issues that happen during anchoring, ship swaying, restarts instead of adding "cages".

On 2/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, Skinner NA PVE said:

I would prefer a ship add on “Animal pen” that would allow you to store them like blueprints in cabinet. Make them reasonable for the ship type. Then if people still run around with a floating zoo on deck it’s on them.

wouldnt be hard now that Ark has a pokeball system  they could use something similar 

I grap this idea ans this i an big community patchnote ( a changelog with cool Community ideas)post somewhere in this Forum or Check the General Thread i make a post there too i gibe u here an upvote because my post is lost in the Zero upvote Part of this Forum 🤣

I suggested they take graphical placements on ships and change it to an inventory type system. It then goes to the database and not get de synced off the ship. When you want to release the animal you have a menu to do so.

How about being able to tow a BARGE type hauling ship behind ours specifically designed for our animals?

Small, Medium, Large

Edited by Eve BlackVeil

is it that hard to fix that animals,npc, players on bed port etc falling through ceilings or wild animals glitching through walls?

if it is stuck on a ship you can at least port it to another ship...

If atlas will be cleaned by all the random NPC/mount running (also simplifying it) it would gain much more love. Actually the amount of box/mount randomly lost of moving is making managing them a mess

One thing that has happened several times for us, is when putting a bear back on a boat, it appears in a room inside the galleon on the 3rd deck..  we have to demolish half the boat to get it out.  To have a deck-only check would be super helpful (in lieu of animal pens?)

If you've ever explored Atlas darksiderp, it is a pvp server that requires passwords and such, but within the darksiderp server world, we have mods in game that allow for animal cages that you can change the size when you place it for 4 different sizes, they come in very handy.

Please yes do animal pens ! Floating animals behind the ship is soooo annoying !

This happens with crew as well.. so we need something for that as well, for crew repairing the ship (no station)

94c4b0fa25.png

Edited by Pleasure0102

On 1/5/2020 at 8:20 AM, Pleasure0102 said:

Please yes do animal pens ! Floating animals behind the ship is soooo annoying !

This happens with crew as well.. so we need something for that as well, for crew repairing the ship (no station)

94c4b0fa25.png

Working as intended...

pretty sure that was sarcastic 🙂 yeah.. hope some things will change.. right now it kinda seems dead.. do not see anything adressed of these easy to fix issues