Sign in to follow this  
Erian

Suggestion: gifting ships

If this is already in the game, be sure to let me know, but I would like a way to gift ships or maybe even structures to a company/person. Even just being able to unclaim a ship would be good, if that would allow someone else to claim that ship in, say, 10 minutes.

I agree. A player lost his raft on the island where I have my property and he had been unable to find room to place a tiny shipyard. I'd have been happy to make him a sloop, but couldn't give it to him if I did.

I know its not the best solution, but make him the parts for it and just have him build it, or, if he can't build it, join his company, build it for him, and then go back into your company.

48 minutes ago, Linix Blue said:

I know its not the best solution, but make him the parts for it and just have him build it, or, if he can't build it, join his company, build it for him, and then go back into your company.

He had no shipyard.  Sadly, I'm not about to mess with swapping Companies because I'd lose my stuff in the process.

8 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Id LOOOOVE the ability to "declaim" ships so we can sell them 

I hope trading becomes a huge part in this game so you can actually be rich by farming and building things for people who do not like the farm and could in e.g get gold from raiding or killing sotd etc. Definatly adding more depth to the game

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pygmy said:

I hope trading becomes a huge part in this game so you can actually be rich by farming and building things for people who do not like the farm and could in e.g get gold from raiding or killing sotd etc. Definatly adding more depth to the game

This is what I came here to say.  I will be a trader in a heartbeat once there are mechanics that make it viable.  Whether its official or mods I can't wait. 

• Like 1