Sign in to follow this  
StefanKyle84

pve Poll for Official PVE Servers

Official NA & EU PVE server ONLY !  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Land claiming system on Official PVE servers should be :

• Removed
    • Limited at 1 claim per character (after you join a company the previous flag is removed from map and your stuff belongs to the company you joined) !
    • Limited Only at 1 per a single company of max 10 players active and for additional flags, every member should pay a tax to the in game system otherwise they will lose additional flags created !
    • Land claiming system should be changed into a non greedy behaviour on PVE (future Devs re thinking/changes required here)
    • Re-designed for PVE mode only !
  2. 2. Lawless Regions - Placing hidden foundations/pillars anywhere (by greedy zergs) to prevent new players from building new bases on their so called captured land, should (be):

• Removed by the game system after 2 hours after being placed ! (If its far away from his HQ-base)
    • Remove the building rights for the greedy Zerg characters to place any future structure on that region/sector !
    • We should wait for the producer and DEVs measures
  3. 3. Is the taxation bank good in ATLAS ?

It's hard to answer the questions when the overlap bug still exists. I also think the claiming system needs a lot more polishing. than just tweaking the current system. As it stands everyone wants a base with shipyards and I can't blame them. Beach property is limited and short of adding new servers, the current system cannot satisfy that need. With the current resource despawn mechanics, you can't allow everyone to build as it would lead to bare islands. I think it's more important to give players access to shipyards and buildings - both via NPCs and via other players. That would add the option of living on your ship which maybe is not for all but would certainly alleviate some of the land claiming pressure. At least if I lose my flag to an overlap, I have another option.

In short, implement NPC towns with stuff for hire (storage and shipyards) and implement a system whereby a land owner can rent temporarily his shipyard to another player without having to invite the player into the company. While you are at it, allow players to sell ready made ships. This is all for PvE. I would not know what works for PvP where I assume land claiming is not a problem.

• Like 4

2 Claims per Person. 2 Sea flags or 2 land flags or 1 land and 1 sea. 2 Flags is better because you cant build a ship if you place your flag not on a shore. 1 Flag for coast and 1 for inland.

Tax Bank is bad. Everyone uses 30% Tax. They would set it to 100% if they could. Do not support greed!

Lawless zones should be wiped and changed into "normal" zones with claims allowed but before that the world needs MUCH MORE ISLES.

Edited by TheCoolGuy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fefu said:

It's hard to answer the questions when the overlap bug still exists. I also think the claiming system needs a lot more polishing. than just tweaking the current system. As it stands everyone wants a base with shipyards and I can't blame them. Beach property is limited and short of adding new servers, the current system cannot satisfy that need. With the current resource despawn mechanics, you can't allow everyone to build as it would lead to bare islands. I think it's more important to give players access to shipyards and buildings - both via NPCs and via other players. That would add the option of living on your ship which maybe is not for all but would certainly alleviate some of the land claiming pressure. At least if I lose my flag to an overlap, I have another option.

In short, implement NPC towns with stuff for hire (storage and shipyards) and implement a system whereby a land owner can rent temporarily his shipyard to another player without having to invite the player into the company. While you are at it, allow players to sell ready made ships. This is all for PvE. I would not know what works for PvP where I assume land claiming is not a problem.

To see which question correspond with the option, just select the whole question and will be more easily to see. 

I think there is a misunderstanding. I can see the questions but I cannot really answer them with the overlap bug in place - for example I want to claim more than 1 flag to protect my base from said bug and yet I understand that this is greedy and not optimal gameplay. Instead, I suggested another fix that does not necessarily involve changing the claiming system but rather alleviates pressure on the land claim issues by introducing new gameplay choices. It might not be enough but that's all I can think of at the moment.

• Like 1

Can't vote cause I feel 1 per person is way to low and there is no other options I like either. 5 seems legit though per player.

• Like 1

You really should include an additional option for #1: Keep it as is.

B/c its fine for the time being... I really think 1) its needs more polish before changes are had and 2) the neutral building needs to be explained by the devs in depth. (including a Q&A).

• Like 4

This poll will not go far without a "Leave it like it is" option. Personally there should be an option along the lines of "Devs should tell the crybabies to go play a different game instead of bitching and complaining about how the game was designed"

Its time to quit all the crying about the game systems. Go play a different game. The minority of people who play cant handle it, and want to change the game because they fail to embrace the system. I looked for about 6 hours for land, realizing there isnt any land left I went to the recruitment forums, love the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bogus poll. Where are the "change nothing" options? Creating a poll with only choices that YOU want to see is nothing more than a poll for whining babies. I have no issues with 1 person, 1 claim, but I have no issue with people putting down foundations in lawless to keep their landing spots for resources.

TLK Bones is right. Sounds like a bunch of whining mellinnials who didnt get their participation trophy. Go play the game like the rest of us and you wont be so far behind ya bunch of complaining little girls. Sure, if a creature is too OP, a weapon is too weak, glitches, etc. That is what forums are for, to fix broken parts of the game. Bitching about not finding claim land within one hour at rank 3 is not. Be like the adults who play this game. STFU and go find your own land and quit hating on those who did.

• Like 1

rubbish biased poll , where are the options to change nothing leave things as they are .

• Like 2

I think they could come up with a better claim system for pve, atleast a more interesting and involved one seeing as claiming land in pve really doesn't involve that much work before or after claiming it.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, BoomerMcFisticuffs said:

I think they could come up with a better claim system for pve, atleast a more interesting and involved one seeing as claiming land in pve really doesn't involve that much work before or after claiming it.

+1

Just make all land lawless... its so stupid that you can claim the lands.  with the locking system etc implemented there is no need for having the flag claim system anymore. 

48 minutes ago, Viscos said:

Just make all land lawless... its so stupid that you can claim the lands.  with the locking system etc implemented there is no need for having the flag claim system anymore. 

Guess you never played Ark. The claim system is there for a reason. So everyone regardless of company size can have an opportunity to have land. Ark had no claim system and it was pretty common to build a structure, have some larger company come in, destroy all your stuff, wipe out your tames and take you land. With the claim system, smaller companies like ours can build without fear of someone ganking our shit while we sleep.

36 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Guess you never played Ark. The claim system is there for a reason. So everyone regardless of company size can have an opportunity to have land. Ark had no claim system and it was pretty common to build a structure, have some larger company come in, destroy all your stuff, wipe out your tames and take you land. With the claim system, smaller companies like ours can build without fear of someone ganking our shit while we sleep.

i did play Ark but on a private server so i did not experience these issues. 

see, best example why players shouldn´t do polls. answers are crap and only reflect the OPs personal opinion. he actually doesn´t want to know what general people want but just people who support him in his opinion. way to go dude ^^ way to go. 

where is the "keep it as it is" option? do you think everyone wants changes? the current claim system is ok and I don´t mind if they spam foundation on lawless lands. 

from my point of view this can stay as it is and they should rather focus on more important stuff. 

btw, if you haven´t understood the claim system in pve yet its your own fault. every freaking day we see available claims with buildings or without. 

just yesterday build a nice 2nd outpost in the north. took 10 min. to claim a little water spot with a bit of land and start building. 

Need to add an option for "This is a shitty biased poll".  Sorry but having insulting options that assumes anyone who owns land is somehow part of the "evil greedy zerg!!" is just childish.  Now for what I'd personally vote for.

Rework the claim system to allow for the claiming of an entire island, provided the company doing so can pay a tax in gold or whatever and maintain that.  Create a new UI to allow the neutral zone more options along with adding protections in to prevent either side from being griefed.

• Adding options in the UI to allow many things to be taxed individually or for a set amount of gold to be paid per week/month whatever period is agreed upon.
  • Increased timer to protect the player from griefing the tenant, timer only activates if the agreed tax/rent fee is not paid.

Rework lawless to be part of the claimable zones.

Taxation is fine provided you are receiving some benefit from this.  

PVE Benefits

• Alpha Creatures in area should be culled at any/all opportunities unless they are pigs/bulls(these help with culling the carnivorous critters on the islands)
  • Carnivorous/Aggressive mobs in the area should also be culled in farming sectors of the island(helps newer tenants get on their feet).
  • Dock area for parking boats

Keep in mind these are not things I say should be guaranteed but are options that people should consider asking for if they are going to be a tenant somewhere.

PVP Benefits

• Mostly protection from getting raided

Limiting claims will 100% never solve anything your imaginary zerg army will still own as much territory as they want. 

yha cant vote cause theres nothing wrong with the system deisgn. just a few bugs in it that need addressing... 

So your resualts wont mean anything as your cutting out a large group of peopel that have no problem with the current ssytem 

Edited by Pax

The claiming system, in my opinion, is good. It just needs its bugs fixed.

• Fix the negative timers (doesn't break the system but confuses new players and even established players) 
  • Give players an indication if their flags got updated 
  • Fix the overlapping bug with which you can claim flags that are on a timer
  • Make the borders visible on daytime (I can hardly see the green line in bright daylight)
  • Kill sleepers after a while. Still waiting for our neighbors who were not there for 4 weeks, to "free" their claim. 
  • Give a clear statement about how the neutral flags work. Many people haven't been on for weeks and their flags are ALL neutral. Many people built on their claims. If they don't come back there is almost no way for anyone to claim the area ever again because it will always be contested by someone sleeping. If they come back, many people might lose their bases. 

Is your next poll going to be:

Do you think I am

• AMAZING AND VERY GOOD LOOKING
  • AMAZING AND GREAT LOOKING

You fail at polls.

Edited by Atlantian