Sign in to follow this  
StefanKyle84

official pve (failed poll to be removed from forum)

Official NA & EU PVE server ONLY !  

17 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Claiming system should exist on Official PVE servers ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. No flags per character but up to 2 Claiming flags MAX for companies of min 20 active members ? (Alliances included)

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't like this idea of claims on this server mode (PVE)

For people who understand the essence of an PVE server and like to discover this game rather than be a toxic player who doesn't belong to the PVE environment.

Edited by StefanKyle84

Yes claiming system should exist.

I was confused by the second option. Is the 'Yes' option saying that there is NO logical reason and therefore should not be wiped? If so then that is what I chose. If it doesn't mean that then I meant to pick the other one.

So basically you want to give griefers ability to build wall all around your base and/or build on top of every less common resource on the island or multiple islands? 
They can build gates around your ship anchored in your base?
Lets build on top of every sugar plant there is, every metal node they can get their hands on and denay it to all players?

Do you really think this is good idea?

Yet another great idea how to make griefers life easier.

Toxic players exist (wishing they go won't work) and if you are not counting their behavior in, every change you propose have a very high chance of having opposite effect than what you want. 

As for a second point -  its double negation right? No logical reason to wipe it?

Congratulation on addigin third option after people voted -.- 

Standard replay:

For the "give 1 (or 3) person a claim". Here how it will end up: Zergs will have tone of land. Everything else will be divided between extremely small companies. Only zerg islands will have any resources left cause everything else will be blocked by buildings on single or double claims. Claim overlapping will mean you will quit the game the moment your neighbor goes offline and some griefer will overlap you base which you spent last 60 hours working on.  

I've wrote it in the past i will write it again. 

Think out solution which will survive against hundreds of very dedicated trolls and won't end in disaster if people will be greedy, jerks and obnoxious. So if people will be people. Assume every 1 out of 10 players is a jerk. Assume every 1 out of 10 players is a griefer. If you think your solution can solve that - than please write about it.  
This one I would love to hear about.  
But proposing stuff which will probably end with another disaster? Probably even bigger one? Imho not the best idea.  

Bear in mind, I won't care. I need two claims that i have, 3 are luxury i can have in current and proposed solutions. But if you think 1 claim per person will help you? Nope, it won't. And zergs would have field day claiming all the "now unprotected" land. 
The only people who will trully benefit from this changes are said Zerg 500+ clans.

Edited by Elrood
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yes claiming system should exist.

I was confused by the second option. Is the 'Yes' option saying that there is NO logical reason and therefore should not be wiped? If so then that is what I chose. If it doesn't mean that then I meant to pick the other one.

At that "No logical reason …" I was referring to those lands and part of oceans where there's no resource but greedy people put it there just to have more land for them no matter what. Like on top of no resources mountains far away from any of your base, if you get my point. 🙂 

Just now, StefanKyle84 said:

At that "No logical reason …" I was referring to those lands and part of oceans where there's no resource but greedy people put it there just to have more land for them no matter what. Like on top of no resources mountains far away from any of your base, if you get my point. 🙂 

Yes I know that, but if you are going to make polls you need clear and concise questions without double negatives.

I have read it as this:

No logical reason (as in there is no logical reason) meaning there is no logical reason for them to be wiped. So my answer is YES there is NO logical reason for them to be wiped. If this is not what you intended then you need to scrap the poll and write it properly.

The point of wipe at this moment could be useful because many greedy zergs have claimed everything since the release of this game and any new player cannot find a place to build his first base and have to ask these greedy bastards who have the max bank taxation and also they can any time to banish you from their land after you already built your base.  Many of these Zergs have claimed everything and raised the taxation to max just to stay with their family at their homes and enter from time to time just to reset their flags and gather resources for free from banks while other people are working like slaves for these bastards.

So a wipe could be useful at this moment and claiming  flags should be limited 1 per character OR maximum 3 per company BUt you have to have a skill and should cost a lot within skill tree.  

From my point of view, this claiming system is not appropriate on a PVE because we are playing with human and they are very greedy and cannot have a constructive behavior. 

What you guys think of this ? (question for non zergs !)

Edited by StefanKyle84

3 minutes ago, StefanKyle84 said:

The point of wipe at this moment could be useful because many greedy zergs have claimed everything since the release of this game and any new player cannot find a place to build his first base and have to ask these greedy bastards who have the max bank taxation and also they can any time to banish you from their land after you already built your base. 

So a wipe could be useful at this moment and claiming  flags should be limited 1 per character OR maximum 3 per company BUt you have to have a skill and should cost a lot within skill tree.  

From my point of view, this claiming system is not appropriate on a PVE because we are playing with human and they are very greedy and cannot have a constructive behavior. 

What you guys think of this ? (question for non zergs !)

Thank you for ignoring my post.

Think this is idiotic idea which would help only Zegs.
Edit:

Btw. one claim per person. Lets take 3 zergs guilds of 500 persons. This mean they have 1500 claims to spend. Will that differ in any way from what is going on right now? 

But lets say 3 claims per company. Lets take zerg which is based outside of the game, like forum. Lets assume they are from 4chan. And every one of them set company 4ChanXXXX where X is number. Thats 1500 claims from single zerg. 

You said players are greedy. So plan around that, not into that.

Edited by Elrood

Just now, Elrood said:

Thank you for ignoring my post.

Think this is idiotic idea which would help only Zegs.

You got it totally wrong from my side. I am against this stupid claiming system which is at this moment a real mess and zergs destroyed the fun in this game, TOTALY !

2 minutes ago, StefanKyle84 said:

You got it totally wrong from my side. I am against this stupid claiming system which is at this moment a real mess and zergs destroyed the fun in this game, TOTALY !

So basically you want to give griefers ability to build wall all around your base and/or build on top of every less common resource on the island or multiple islands? 
Lets build on top of every sugar plant there is, every metal node they can get their hands on and denay it to all players?
Because this is what would happen without claiming system. 

Have you even thought how griefers and toxic players could mess with players who "belong to the PVE environment" without claim system?

Edited by Elrood

1 minute ago, Elrood said:

Lets build on top of every sugar plant there is, every metal node they can get their hands on and denay it to all players?
Because this is what would happen without claiming system. 

I want a system where people should have 1 single base, just it, like normal people should have. From your HQ base you can travel like in ANNO to gather the resources you need to evolve. It's all about adventure in this game, NOT claiming everything for yourself.

Edited by StefanKyle84
addon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StefanKyle84 said:

I want a system where people should have 1 single base, just it, like normal people should have. 

One claim per person. Lets take 3 zergs guilds of 500 persons. This mean they have 1500 claims to spend. Will that differ in any way from what is going on right now? 

Edit: oh, sorry, 1 base. So instead of claim, please put base. 1500 bases to put around.

Edited by Elrood

Just now, Elrood said:

One claim per person. Lets take 3 zergs guilds of 500 persons. This mean they have 1500 claims to spend. Will that differ in any way from what is going on right now? 

Oh, I see now your point. then I should change to 1 flag per company Only ? 

Just now, StefanKyle84 said:

Oh, I see now your point. then I should change to 1 flag per company Only ? 

8 minutes ago, Elrood said:

But lets say 3 claims per company. Lets take zerg which is based outside of the game, like forum. Lets assume they are from 4chan. And every one of them set company 4ChanXXXX where X is number. Thats 1500 claims from single zerg. 

You said players are greedy. So plan around that, not into that.

Just switch from 3 claims to 1 and multiple number of zerg guilds...

Put some thought into your proposition.

Pool like "Claims system is bad" true or false - I would not say one word about it.

But if you say "remove claims" and as I can see, didn't thought out consequences....

I can see you actually didn't even read previous posts and with lack of reflection its really hard to take you seriously. 

You do know that every time you edit poll, people who already voted can not vote again? 
Good job. 

Edit:

And thank you for screwing every small company out there 🤪 Are you really not part of some mega tribe?

Ps. Your last brilliant idea would actually screw me too - that's kind of refreshing. With my 3 persons companies i was more or less neutral to most ideas thrown around.

Edited by Elrood

18 minutes ago, Elrood said:

You do know that every time you edit poll, people who already voted can not vote again? 
Good job. 

Edit:

And thank you for screwing every small company out there 🤪 Are you really not part of some mega tribe?

Ps. Your last brilliant idea would actually screw me too - that's kind of refreshing. With my 3 persons companies i was more or less neutral to most ideas thrown around.

No, I didn't knew about this regarding editing polls on this forums. I will remake this pool and NO, I'm not part of any big company but a small company of max 10 players. We don't agree with this mess regarding this EVE Online idea in this game whatsoever. 

Take a look at what lawless server are currently like - now add to that the resource spawn radius of a non-lawless server and you'll get an idea of what it would be like without claim flags.

I get that it's hard to find any land to claim and we sailed for a good few days before asking a group of friends if we could join them because we couldn't find any.

I haven't come across mega's in any of the servers yet who have taken up an entire island for themselves (granted, we've only explored about 10 regions in full so far) - all we've seen are a lot of smaller companies sharing an island with each other and protecting the resources there.

I've also seen a lot of companies allowing other players to build on their land now with varying tax rates, so I don't think the issue here is claim flags, but more so people not wanting to pay taxes, or people in fear of losing their stuff should the land owner decide to change the flag status to allow none. 

Two flags max per company of min 20 is ludicrous. Our company is now up to 20 players and although we've built along the beach front and over the ocean (in order to preserve resources), we have perhaps 5 land flags and 5 ocean flags in total (all overlapping and being overlapped by other companies) and it's just barely enough for us. Two of our flags protect and area high up in the mountains with resources that cannot be found any where else on the island.

So from our point of view, it's not about hogging land - it's about protecting what is there and making the most of a small amount of space.

I can say the same for all the other companies sharing the island with us (at least 10 companies in total) - we're all doing the same thing, and from what I've seen on other claimed islands, those companies are also doing the same thing.

Personally, I think the real issue which needs to be addressed by Grapeshot is lack of servers at launch, decay timers on sleepers and the way contesting a claim is currently handled.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Linxie said:

Take a look at what lawless server are currently like - now add to that the resource spawn radius of a non-lawless server and you'll get an idea of what it would be like without claim flags.

I get that it's hard to find any land to claim and we sailed for a good few days before asking a group of friends if we could join them because we couldn't find any.

I haven't come across mega's in any of the servers yet who have taken up an entire island for themselves (granted, we've only explored about 10 regions in full so far) - all we've seen are a lot of smaller companies sharing an island with each other and protecting the resources there.

I've also seen a lot of companies allowing other players to build on their land now with varying tax rates, so I don't think the issue here is claim flags, but more so people not wanting to pay taxes, or people in fear of losing their stuff should the land owner decide to change the flag status to allow none. 

Two flags max per company of min 20 is ludicrous. Our company is now up to 20 players and although we've built along the beach front and over the ocean (in order to preserve resources), we have perhaps 5 land flags and 5 ocean flags in total (all overlapping and being overlapped by other companies) and it's just barely enough for us. Two of our flags protect and area high up in the mountains with resources that cannot be found any where else on the island.

So from our point of view, it's not about hogging land - it's about protecting what is there and making the most of a small amount of space.

I can say the same for all the other companies sharing the island with us (at least 10 companies in total) - we're all doing the same thing, and from what I've seen on other claimed islands, those companies are also doing the same thing.

Personally, I think the real issue which needs to be addressed by Grapeshot is lack of servers at launch, decay timers on sleepers and the way contesting a claim is currently handled.

Don't you think that having one land is the way on a PVE server where the maximum need to a company is to have an HQ base of operations and by having a drydock and many ships to reach far destination to gather resources from lands is the idea in this game ? 

You conquered (or maybe stolen from others when the game was first time released) and capture entire lands just to take advantages within taxation bank (=free resources taken from hard working players).

I think this infinite claims on a character is a very stupid idea on PVE server mode. This idea is very accurate on a PVP where if I don't want to pay your filthy tax, I start fight for my rights where on PVE you cannot claim back what you already lost if players have stolen from you your land and even entire base. 

I didn't come here to spent a lot of in game hours and have my base taken over the night on which  I worked hard for. This is STUPID but logical for you because you already claimed and feel ok with this. If the roles would be reversed then you would react like me but this is our world today, full of Hypocrites and greedy lazy ppl who want everything for free. 

Actually, 2 flags on a Company of min 20 members is also too much in this game as long is an PVE server ! 

My company has 10 active members and we have only 1 base because in the others we travel by sea to gather needed resources. Its very simple without too many claims, IF you don't want to earn money over hard working players. 😉 

Edited by StefanKyle84
added new info

You misunderstand my post - we do not own an entire island... we share it with at least 10 other companies (who are not even allies). The land we do own is very small (it is a very mountainous area) and we build over the ocean so we don't interfere with resource spawns. 

Yes, the point is to travel and get exotic resources which we do. We are at base for maybe two days then we head out again for another 2 days while gathering resources from other lands. We do not mind paying 10% tax to landowners - but feel that 30% is extortion. We only charge 10% tax and I can assure you, you'd do the same if you owned land.

1 minute ago, StefanKyle84 said:

I didn't come here to spent a lot of in game hours to take over the night my base and I worked hard for. This is STUPID but logical for you because you already claimed and feel ok with this. If the roles would be reversed then you would react like me but this is our world today, full of Hypocrites and greedy lazy ppl who want everything for free. 

You do understand that you basically want land for free (so without working out to steal it from inactive/don't care about it players)? 

Second point - most of people on my island are not from first land grab. Even me, I came there few days after initial land grab happened and manage to first secure a foothold and then expand to what i actually need. And people on this island rotated with only two companies out of 5 are still the same ones which where there when i landed initially. Additionally at least 3 other companies came and went away in last two weeks. 

Stealing claims is impossible right now - because of how they tweaked the system with insane long hours + easy reset by some random passby. But that is a problem with balance and tweaking, not exactly with whole claim concept.

• Like 1

@Linxieits not the lack of servers its human greed  , pvp servers are full with 150 people and no problems on larger more wanted islands and you wanna tell me the so called 20 players on avg we currently have in servers is full then i sadly have to call it a BS. People should only have like 2 claims per person for free after that they need to add some sort of cost to them . And all these excuses about large guild will dominate and resources would be blocked . Are the 2 most re7arded excuses ive seen in a long time. But what am i expected as a person thats played a lot of online games ive found out that the avg human really aint any smarter then a monkey throwing shit in the zoo.. This claim system dosnt work for PVE and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JackTheWack said:

@Linxieits not the lack of servers its human greed  , pvp servers are full with 150 people and no problems on larger more wanted islands and you wanna tell me the so called 20 players on avg we currently have in servers is full then i sadly have to call it a BS. People should only have like 2 claims per person for free after that they need to add some sort of cost to them . And all these excuses about large guild will dominate and resources would be blocked . Are the 2 most re7arded excuses ive seen in a long time. But what am i expected as a person thats played a lot of online games ive found out that the avg human really aint any smarter then a monkey throwing shit in the zoo.. This claim system dosnt work for PVE and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that. 

Well pointed. 🙂 Agree with you. 🙂

I'm not saying humans aren't greedy - I fully agree with that... what I'm saying is that where I've travelled, I haven't seen it. I've seen lots of servers that are crowded with small companies sharing what they can without blocking resources.

Perhaps I fail to understand the point being made.

4 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

pvp servers 

This is sub forum for discussions about PvE. Bringing PvP here is irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

People should only have like 2 claims per person for free after that they need to add some sort of cost to them . And all these excuses about large guild will dominate and resources would be blocked . Are the 2 most re7arded excuses ive seen in a long time. But what am i expected as a person thats played a lot of online games ive found out that the avg human really aint any smarter then a monkey throwing shit in the zoo.. This claim system dosnt work for PVE and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand that. 

Have you actually played a similar game (so with heavy emphasis on building aspect and semi-rare resources) WITHOUT some sort of claim system? I would love to hear about it. Cause I don't know any that worked out well in the long run.

Edit: btw. please explain, how this "excusess" are retarded. I'm really intrested in why it would not work out this way.

Edited by Elrood

1 minute ago, Elrood said:

This is sub forum for discussions about PvE. Bringing PvP here is irrelevant. 

Have you actually played a similar game (so with heavy emphasis on building aspect and semi-rare resources) WITHOUT some sort of claim system? I would love to hear about it. Cause I don't know any that worked out well in the long run.

Im sorry but did you even read at all what i typed cause the reply you gave shows that you didnt. Im not againt the claim system they just need to limit it somehow for it to work for PVE and i took pvp here to make a comparison for what all these people are whining about "overpopulation" in pve , and as i pointed out its not true at all , pve servers are the least populated ones by like 60% less players then pvp. 

5 minutes ago, JackTheWack said:

Im sorry but did you even read at all what i typed cause the reply you gave shows that you didnt. Im not againt the claim system they just need to limit it somehow for it to work for PVE and i took pvp here to make a comparison for what all these people are whining about "overpopulation" in pve , and as i pointed out its not true at all , pve servers are the least populated ones by like 60% less players then pvp. 

Place when I live have 50 people online when i play 😉 
You are right, I didn't bother to say about upkeep for above 2 claims per person, because if i wanted more land and i was big company i would just split and make aliance or spilt and add pin coded boxes. Result would be I would have territory I want and tax with some managing would actually be "zero" cause banks would go to shared container. 
Hell, I would even talk about splitting my company territory between my members. So sorry, but it would make game harder for those who would want to play the way you envisioned and easier for those who are able to use game systems for their own advantage - so also griefers and jerks. 

Edit:
Actually PvE on EU on time I play in few sectors i saw was around 50-60 usually. 

And while I understand that PvP can support more people, on PvE you cannot attack and wipe abandoned/undefended structures quickly

Edited by Elrood