Sign in to follow this  
mazen

With the DevKit coming "soon", here's a list of Ideas of new content

Since the DevKit is supposed to be coming soon (well, it's been promised since 3 weeks now?), I would like to get my hands dirty and probably create some smaller Mods. This is a list of "things" which I thought might be an interesting addition to the Game:

• Water Well
    • the model is already in the base game and placed around villages so should be relatively easy to get
    • inherits the properties from the water reservoir (inventory for jars and allows connections to pipes)
    • generates fresh water over time 
    • unlocks from "Secrets of Farming"
    • Costs about twice as much as the reservoir, adding some metal into the mix
  • Experimenter's Workbench
    • Provide an upgradable item and 2x/3x/4x the resources of that item
    • Creates a random blueprint of the item's next tier with stats / craft amount based on the player's intelligence skill
  • Chicken Coop
    • Automatically picks up dropped chicken eggs
  • Composter
    • Much like the one in ark where you provide thatch
    • Will pickup poop in radius and generate fertilizer over time
  • Stack Size / Weight changes
    • I would love to have Ark's Ultra Stacks mod ported over which reduces weight of most items by 90% and increases the stack size limit by factor 10x-20x
    • this can be a bit overpowered on spoiling stacks, however i think it will make the overall cooking profession a much more enjoyable experience

No promises I'll make all of them, especially when it comes to custom modelling since my artists side is pretty much nonexistant, but some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by mazen

I like most of your suggestions there exept the Stack Size / Weight changes one as I always found that game-breaking even back in Ark ! But no one forces anyone to play on a modded server so I guess some people would enjoy the easy mode weight changes.

1 minute ago, Will Parrot said:

I like most of your suggestions there exept the Stack Size / Weight changes one as I always found that game-breaking even back in Ark ! But no one forces anyone to play on a modded server so I guess some people would enjoy the easy mode weight changes.

Agreed, but good we have choices 😉  
However, playing on official it is currently feeling like a chore every day:

* Check food on tames
* Check food on ships
* Gather repair supplies for thunderstorm damage
* Pay the crew

which easily takes an hour, and we don't even have a galleon yet. Also it doesn't seem that we are able to truly live on a ship yet since its weight restrictions can cause us to not be able to carry all materials needed for the advanced crafts. 

I agree there's a lot to check on a regular basis... However it seems everything is very easy as long as you are organized, if you have specialized tamers, captains, etc... Everyone should have his own role, tamers ensure tames have food, crews affected to a ship ensure they have the supplies needed, it needs organization and trust between members of the company... Of course when its unorganized and someone ends up doing all the checking (or double checking) by himself its much more boring...

I would love it to be more easy to live on a ship though.